PDA

View Full Version : Can not connect to own server.

Chaviz
12-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Hi,

So after I converted to the steam-version, I'm unable to connect to my own server.

I start the game and then the server - I use the batch file in the 7daystodie folder.

When I try to connect to my server there's nothing, I just see the game-wallpaper or whatever you want to call it.

There's no "connecting to server", "failed to connect". Just nothing.

And to be able to do anything I have to restart the game.

If anyone have a solution to my problem, I'd be grateful.

Thank you,

Chaviz.

sander
12-15-2013, 01:37 AM
Im not sure what it could be. its probly a bug/glitch, lets hope it gets fixed in the next update

bsan89
12-15-2013, 01:42 AM
same problem

Voqar
12-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Same.

I was getting the string error with the perpetual console spam previously.

Now I don't even get that far.

I run the game, tab out, start the dedicated bat, wait for it, then try to join my own server, and the game hangs on the screen that should say "press enter to join"

I've deleted app cache for steam, rebooted, tried other stuff....nada.

PS - this thread is the same issue: http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?2049-Blank-screen-upon-joining-own-server

Pathfindah
12-15-2013, 02:06 AM
Same issue. Just rented a server and both myself and a friend cannot connect. Just a splash screen without anything else. I have to force quit in order to close.

Deceased
12-15-2013, 02:14 AM
Same. Can't even play my own game

P00713H34D
12-15-2013, 02:18 AM
I've had the same issue. At least they stopped the console menstruation! XD

Drekdwerg
12-15-2013, 02:47 AM
Same here

I cant even play the game

Keeps telling me error can not connect to server

patttyp3
12-15-2013, 03:06 AM
My friend and I have played just fine for about 2 hours. And then, about an hour ago, the game crashed, and now we are getting, "Error, Connection error. Could not connect to server: ConnectionFailed." Anyone else having issues like this? Thank you.

Pathfindah
12-15-2013, 03:09 AM
ok I think I found a way around this. Enter in the IP information and port number then "save as favorite" then go to favorites and it SHOULD be there.

Flostin
12-15-2013, 03:13 AM
LOLZ!!!! Ya.....Same issue here....Yesterday, all stoked, spent 12+hours trying to fix....sleep, wake up, re-download, CHANGE IF FILES!!! *ALTHOUGH NO word was said of this.....YET, at the time...the files WERE DIFFERENT....(some)* So, after waking up, re-downloading, it worked great for like 6 hours....then....I go out....come back.....WHAMO, ALL BROKEN AGAIN.....Thx.....Lolz.....So, I go online, and see something NEW....a Alpha 5, UPDATE, QUICKFIX!!!.....However.....No changes, or updates have been made....SO....NO WORK....*SIghs*......We have to wait for STEAM to catch up again...OR maybe we have to ourselves....re-download all over again, and assume auto-update is FAIL.... I have no idea what to do anymore....As I said, they changed the files on STEAM, without even telling us, or maybe those updated files were the ones they advertise now, and I got them early....but doubtful, as it worked, now...NO...

Sure, I know it's Alpha, that doesn't mean I can't feel frustrated as a mother................

Voqar
12-15-2013, 03:14 AM
ok I think I found a way around this. Enter in the IP information and port number then "save as favorite" then go to favorites and it SHOULD be there.

This works for me running my own dedicated - just add your 127.0.0.1 that's there to favorites then launch the server from the favorites list (double click it on the list works).

Very weird.

Chaviz
12-15-2013, 03:30 AM

Yeah, this worked.
I thought of doing this, but I completely forgot, so thank you for this.

PS: Found a problem if you don't start over and converted to steam.

You don't log in to the server as your nickname anymore, but your steam-id.
Meaning you won't log in as the previous "you", which means you'will lose anything you had in your inventory.

To log in as the previous you, go to

"\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds\Navezgane\Saves\-yourgame-\Player"

And then you rename your old "player" with your steam-ID.

You can see your steam-id in the telenet as you log in, it'll say something like "Player logged in as Nickname: xxxx Steam-ID: -bunchofnumbers-

xxlegionxx
12-15-2013, 04:18 AM
My friend and I have played just fine for about 2 hours. And then, about an hour ago, the game crashed, and now we are getting, "Error, Connection error. Could not connect to server: ConnectionFailed." Anyone else having issues like this? Thank you.

My friend and I have the same issue.

TwiTches
12-15-2013, 04:27 AM
Having the same issue. I'm not sure about where I put in the ip address so I'll just say the steps I use because I just want to use the games default public game hosting. Me and my friends used it with no issues before steam. I was able to join a game that had an full ip and port number. So might need to hold my hand just a tinsy bit.

So for my PC, windows
I go to start new game
enter in my setting, blah blah blah

Then on public/private: Public
there is no option for ip
Game port: 25000 I did try putting ip there for fun but didn't work

so I was wondering if the fix your suggestion that involves the ip address and port does that work for the default public or is it only working for people who rent or buy a server?

Pathfindah
12-15-2013, 04:34 AM
Having the same issue. I'm not sure about where I put in the ip address so I'll just say the steps I use because I just want to use the games default public game hosting. Me and my friends used it with no issues before steam. I was able to join a game that had an full ip and port number. So might need to hold my hand just a tinsy bit.

So for my PC, windows
I go to start new game
enter in my setting, blah blah blah

Then on public/private: Public
there is no option for ip
Game port: 25000 I did try putting ip there for ♥♥♥♥zngiggles but didn't work

so I was wondering if the fix your suggestion that involves the ip address and port does that work for the default public or is it only working for people who rent or buy a server?

From MAIN MENU go to > "Connect to Server" NOT New Game. Once in the connect to server screen at the bottom it should display; Connect Server IP and Port - Enter both then click "save as favorite". Go to favorites and the IP entered will be displayed. Double click and you're in.

If you just want to start your own single player game use NEW GAME from the MAIN MENU.

Does all that help?

TwiTches
12-15-2013, 05:29 AM
Cool cool,
so yeah I was able to do that.. main menu>"connect to server"
found my ip address and port.. sort of mixed and matched tried a a lot of combinations.
each time I saved them went to favorites and it would show this
[Yello star][not locked]Game name[IP ADDRESS here:port number here]Game Host[Manual Entry]World name[blank]Game mode[blank]ply[0]max play[o]country[blank]

I double click, it will try to load but then can't. Am I missing a step? I tried my ip address with every port number that came up when I searched it in cmd, netstat -a next to ip address so I'm sure the ip and port are correct.

Jetliner
12-15-2013, 06:13 AM
Same issue, but cant even connect to my own game, and thus cant keep it running long enough for others to connect. Wut da heck?

Pathfindah
12-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Cool cool,
so yeah I was able to do that.. main menu>"connect to server"
found my ip address and port.. sort of mixed and matched tried a a lot of combinations.
each time I saved them went to favorites and it would show this
[Yello star][not locked]Game name[IP ADDRESS here:port number here]Game Host[Manual Entry]World name[blank]Game mode[blank]ply[0]max play[o]country[blank]

I double click, it will try to load but then can't. Am I missing a step? I tried my ip address with every port number that came up when I searched it in cmd, netstat -a next to ip address so I'm sure the ip and port are correct.

port should be 25000-25003

does it give you any error?

Are you hosting the server? If I'm not mistaken you should be entering the local IP found in your .bat file if you're hosting. Your buddies will have to enter your IP.

Jetliner
12-15-2013, 07:37 AM
When trying to create a new server, it says "Could not connect to server: ConnectionFailed" to my own server, and if anyone tries to join, they get the same error. Is this the NAT issue thing? If so, THAT needs to be fixed.

P00713H34D
12-15-2013, 01:43 PM
This has helped me connect to my own server, however haven't had the chance to load it up with my friends yet.

Does this method require you to invite your friends into the world before they can play on it (through steam)?

Also, is there any way to change the IP to something other than 127.0.0.1, which seems to be the default for everyone?

I could only connect through that IP.

Chaviz
12-15-2013, 03:15 PM
This has helped me connect to my own server, however haven't had the chance to load it up with my friends yet.

Does this method require you to invite your friends into the world before they can play on it (through steam)?

Also, is there any way to change the IP to something other than 127.0.0.1, which seems to be the default for everyone?

I could only connect through that IP.

Have you been able to host server for your friends before?

The 127.0.0.1 is the IP for you to connect to your own server, you could also type in "localhost".

The IP your friends has to type in you can find on www.whatismyip.com

If your friends still can't find your server, which was the problem I had, I think you have to portforward like I did.

MrR0ket0
12-15-2013, 08:14 PM
All mentioned problem solutions doesnt help. Sry guys stop beign a smartarse if you dont know what you are talking about. This needs a fix from the Devīs. The game just worked fine for me before yesterday (hosting ingame - friends joinging me) and now it doenst work anymore. I did no changes at all to the game, so iam very clear about its not a problem on my side. Be cool and wait for a propper solution from the devs. thank you gentlemen!

Jetliner
12-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Be cool and wait for a propper solution from the devs. thank you gentlemen!

Depending on how long that takes, we have a right to be a little frustrated...

plainblackguy
12-16-2013, 03:51 AM
Same.

I was getting the string error with the perpetual console spam previously.

Now I don't even get that far.

I run the game, tab out, start the dedicated bat, wait for it, then try to join my own server, and the game hangs on the screen that should say "press enter to join"

I've deleted app cache for steam, rebooted, tried other stuff....nada.

PS - this thread is the same issue: http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?2049-Blank-screen-upon-joining-own-server

I'm having this same issue.

MrR0ket0
12-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Why is this still not wokring? ffs :(

ColinM9991
12-16-2013, 07:19 PM
This issue has just come up for me too, looking at PuTTY earlier and I saw the hashed "TicketLen", now it just says
TicketLen: 0 Result: InvalidTicket.

I just turned off my game for a minute and disconnected from my own server, 2 minutes later when I try to rejoin, this happens.

No ports need to be forwarded, I tried with local host IP and external Master Browser IP.
It worked just fine no more than 10 minutes ago.

MrR0ket0
12-16-2013, 07:31 PM
This issue has just come up for me too, looking at PuTTY earlier and I saw the hashed "TicketLen", now it just says
TicketLen: 0 Result: InvalidTicket.

I just turned off my game for a minute and disconnected from my own server, 2 minutes later when I try to rejoin, this happens.

No ports need to be forwarded, I tried with local host IP and external Master Browser IP.
It worked just fine no more than 10 minutes ago.

Do you use the Steam verion?

Did anyone of your friend was able to join your server?

Cause i can run localy my own server and it works fine too even over LAN with my brother. MP doesnt work

ColinM9991
12-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Do you use the Steam verion?

Did anyone of your friend was able to join your server?

Cause i can run localy my own server and it works fine too even over LAN with my brother. MP doesnt work

Steam version, connections are allowed to it; there was no change in the server or any ports, the server wasn't even shut down when I closed my game.

I done a quick bit of browsing for 2 minutes, the server was active the whole time; I started my game again and began getting those errors. No conflicting ports or applications either.

--Update--

Restarting my PC fixed it, maybe there was some background process running (not visible on the processes list in Task Manager)...

MrR0ket0
12-16-2013, 08:41 PM
I think this might be a problem with the recent hotfix they threw out. Somehow it worked fine for cpl hrs (you could host server ingame and ppl could join) than all of a sudden it didnt worked anymore. No changes on the server, and no changes localy, it still doesnt work

really ♥♥♥♥ty but i guess its again a question of patience for another fix to get it running again

Dastir
12-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Same here

P00713H34D
12-16-2013, 09:02 PM
All mentioned problem solutions doesnt help. Sry guys stop beign a smartarse if you dont know what you are talking about. This needs a fix from the Devīs. The game just worked fine for me before yesterday (hosting ingame - friends joinging me) and now it doenst work anymore. I did no changes at all to the game, so iam very clear about its not a problem on my side. Be cool and wait for a propper solution from the devs. thank you gentlemen!

I don't know what crack your smoking. (Oh, right, you JUST started playing since it came to Steam!! Welcome to the forums!) This fix and advice worked for me and my group just fine, so I assume you don't know your computers too well.

P00713H34D
12-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Have you been able to host server for your friends before?

The 127.0.0.1 is the IP for you to connect to your own server, you could also type in "localhost".

The IP your friends has to type in you can find on www.whatismyip.com

If your friends still can't find your server, which was the problem I had, I think you have to portforward like I did.

AHH ok, it works!! I see what they did there now. We use Hamachi so we don't have to portforward plus I just like the added security.

ColinM9991
12-17-2013, 01:17 AM
For those that can't get the game working with the above method, try restarting your PC.

MrR0ket0
12-17-2013, 01:40 AM
I don't know what crack your smoking. (Oh, right, you JUST started playing since it came to Steam!! Welcome to the forums!) This fix and advice worked for me and my group just fine, so I assume you don't know your computers too well.

Drear sir, really nice words. Still doesnt work and again smartarse oh yes and i forgott you smoke some crack too i guess

kinggingerman
12-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Also confirmed for having same problem. Was hosting public server with friends and experiencing no issues until last night when the "Could not connect to server: ConnectionFailed" appeared. No solution as of yet. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

JessMan
12-19-2013, 01:30 PM
The solution I've found is join the game then when the message pops up, just hit escape. Invite people and get playing. I've been playing with mates for a few hours now. Hope it works for you guys...