PDA

View Full Version : "Could not connect to server: ConnectionFailed" - How to fix this?

Bloodfiend
12-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Me and a friend were playing the game just fine last night.

Today this error shows up every time we try to log on to the game from last night.

Workaround (but not really):
You can 'fix' this for yourself by pressing ` (tilde key) to open up Console, then simply click the Close button on console (bottom right of console window. This lets YOU continue to play the game, but if you try to invite a friend (via Steam) they can not connect.

Some steps we tried:

1. Starting a new game as "Private" works fine, no error messages.

2. Starting a new game as "Public" generates error message as seen in the title.

3. Attempting to "Continue game" and open a game which was started as "Public" generates error message as seen in the title.

You can bypass the Connection Failed error message by opening Console and then closing it. The error message in the Console states:

4.954: The connection request to 97.74.94.187:50005 failed. Are you sure the server can be connected to?

To me this seems like it is trying to list your public game to some kind of server that handles server browsing / listing, but that server is not responding... so it kicks back an error message for the Public games, but not the Private ones?

I'm just guessing at this point, but that is what we found so far...

Chaviz
12-15-2013, 01:03 PM
I'm thinking you might have to portforward.

opfertroll
12-15-2013, 01:17 PM
I got the EXACT same problem, we bought the game yesterday, me and my 2 friends, and played it till 3AM (GMT+1) then suddenly we all got disconnected from my game and since then i couldnt start a public game.
I definitly did NOT change any forwarding settings on my router while playing, so it has to be a problem on their server side.

Please fix this asap, cause there is no chance to play it coop right now!

Thanks & best regards

MrR0ket0
12-15-2013, 08:16 PM
this is related to this topic: http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?2046-Can-not-connect-to-own-server

same problem it worked than it stoped working. Needs a hotfix from the devīs to get it working again

kinggingerman
12-19-2013, 11:51 AM
I also am having this issue I was wondering if anyones had any luck fixing it? It was playing just fine and then suddenly got this error.

psiclone
01-06-2014, 03:41 PM
I not only cannot connect to any of the servers, after having forwarded several ports, to include 25000, but when I try to connect and fail, then it also knocks out my router/modem connectivity to the net. I have to restart both devices. No game should be able to do this.

Roin
01-06-2014, 04:16 PM
only Wait.. the Server is offline or so.. just Wait.. sometimes works sometimes not

JayzenFreeze
01-07-2014, 01:01 AM
some times when I fully close steam then click on the 7 days shortcut I made from the steam program it re-starts steam and lets me log in and play.

psiclone
01-14-2014, 10:16 PM
I haven't tried that last one. Worth a shot, but I find my internet connectivity being knocked out every time I try the standard way a bit odd.