Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: bug character

  1. #1
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0

    bug character

    Hello
    I have a problem with 7DTD, my character continues to advance while I release my key.
    I am under linux.
    I had this problem before

    Tuxette

  2. #2
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,340
    Rep Power
    1
    have any game controllers plugged in? That's what usually does it for me.

  3. #3
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    have any game controllers plugged in? That's what usually does it for me.
    No game controllers

  4. #4
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello
    Can I get help for my problem?
    Thank you

  5. #5
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuxette View Post
    Hello
    Can I get help for my problem?
    Thank you
    I have this same issue. It seems to happen more often when my character is encumbered.

  6. #6
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Me it just happens I start the game

  7. #7
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,340
    Rep Power
    1
    Could we get logs?

  8. #8
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello sorry for this long absence, my games do not work. I do not know how to have the logs

  9. #9
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,340
    Rep Power
    1
    The instructions are in the sticky thread that tells you to read it before posting anything.

  10. #10
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi normaly its my log
    https://pastebin.com/VxFfwy1f

  11. #11
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    1
    I compared it to my log (on ubuntu 18.04) and don't see any discrepancies between those two

    I also updated my other ubuntu (which was on 18.10) after I noticed support for 18.10 ran out in july (thank you for letting me notice that). Played 7days for a few minutes and didn't get any running forward on key release.

    So 19.04 seems not to be the problem.

    One thing you could try out: Make a dummy-acount and start the game from that account. And test if the problem still occurs.

  12. #12
    Ranger Beelzybub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    275
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuxette View Post
    Hello
    I have a problem with 7DTD, my character continues to advance while I release my key.
    I am under linux.
    I had this problem before

    Tuxette
    Does it continue indefinitly, like an auto-run feature? Or just a few meters?

    Are you using the touchpad or a mouse?
    Maybe try disabling your touchpad temporarily as a test.

  13. #13
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Hi , juste a few meters and i play with mouse thx for your help
    Last edited by Tuxette; 4 Days Ago at 02:04 PM.

  14. #14
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuxette View Post
    Hi , juste a few meters and i play ith mouse thx for your help
    Does this happen mostly or only on horde nights? I see something similar whenever 7d2d puts heavy stress on my CPU.

    On my old computer it made horde nights in A17 difficult, I needed to stay in a cage or behind railings to not fall off. Running on an open platform was practically suicide.

    It got much much better when I bought a new computer but I think I did notice a small slide for one block on a recent horde night. It seems I still have the problem, just not that critical anymore.

    If this doesn't happen on windows I probably should make a bug report eventually so TFP can take a look.

  15. #15
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Does this happen mostly or only on horde nights? I see something similar whenever 7d2d puts heavy stress on my CPU.

    On my old computer it made horde nights in A17 difficult, I needed to stay in a cage or behind railings to not fall off. Running on an open platform was practically suicide.

    It got much much better when I bought a new computer but I think I did notice a small slide for one block on a recent horde night. It seems I still have the problem, just not that critical anymore.

    If this doesn't happen on windows I probably should make a bug report eventually so TFP can take a look.
    I can not play at all, example I approach a stone I stop several meters after
    I can play only if I stay in alpha 16 and I've already seen all that to see in the alpha 16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •