Thread: 1 HP Trees

Refugee

1 HP Trees

Started renting space on a remote server with a friend. On 17.1 the trees will (80%+ of the time) have 1 HP... 1/600, 1/900, 1/1200. They fall on the first hit. There are also large swatches of ground where obviously the should be scrub brush. The remote server company says that it isn't a problem on their end but I'm not seeing it elsewhere... getting very frustrated.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonker View Post
    Started renting space on a remote server with a friend. On 17.1 the trees will (80%+ of the time) have 1 HP... 1/600, 1/900, 1/1200. They fall on the first hit. There are also large swatches of ground where obviously the should be scrub brush. The remote server company says that it isn't a problem on their end but I'm not seeing it elsewhere... getting very frustrated.
    Do you know what all the mods are that the server is running? I ran into this problem before on my own server using an older version of HQ resolution pack. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...ng-Environment
    It's more of a client side sort or thing, but you still have to install the modlets on the server and only on non EAC protectes servers I believe. Good luck!

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    It's from not wiping the save after the trees are changed from an update.

Installing a mod on an old save that changes the trees, like dusts, will have the same effect.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    It's from not wiping the save after the trees are changed from an update.

Installing a mod on an old save that changes the trees, like dusts, will have the same effect.
    The only issue is that we don't run any mods yet due to A17 still having bugs and evolving to new updates like A17.1. We've wiped everything completely and have done everything from scratch with the server. It is 100% A17.1 server and map with all the files verified both on server and client side, still have no clue why it's doing this or what's causing it. *Sad face* However, according to the bug report list it seems we aren't the only server that has this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberrykiwi View Post
    The only issue is that we don't run any mods yet due to A17 still having bugs and evolving to new updates like A17.1. We've wiped everything completely and have done everything from scratch with the server. It is 100% A17.1 server and map with all the files verified both on server and client side, still have no clue why it's doing this or what's causing it. *Sad face* However, according to the bug report list it seems we aren't the only server that has this issue.
    I can confirm if you install and remove the mod just like deleting on the old save and update the game version or vise versa, its will create the bug tree on your game..
    The only thing is recreate a new seed or new game to solve the issue.

try this...

1. shut down game
    2. open windows explorer to (your installed drive and steam folder \steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds) *** also go ahead and delete the saves from the normal save folder
    3. inside the Worlds folder will be several folders that will need to stay (Empty, Navezgane and Playtesting) anything else can be deleted
    4. now restart game
    5. you can now reuse the same seed if you wish, the game will now rebuild the generated files needed

even tho a player deletes his/her saves, RWG generated county folders are in a different location for now (this will change in future) and thus the game is still reusing some old data. manually deleting these generated files should make a difference.

see if this helps.