Thread: Alpha 17 Crash after EAC Check

Refugee

Alpha 17 Crash after EAC Check

I've not seen anything specific in the forums that point to a solution for my issue. After one of the Alpha 17 updates the game became unplayable. After launching 7 Days to Die the game will load the EAC then crash. I've tried uninstalling and removing all instances of the game and re-installing it, but it still crashes. I've tried to load this in 32bit mode as well and the game crashes.

The system this is running on is the following.

CPU:Intel Core i7-4771
    Memory: 32GB
    GeForce GTX 960 4GB
    Storage: Samsung SSD's

I could revert to the old 16 version and run it with no issues and again Alpha 17 early beta's did work on this rig before a certain version.

attached is the output log, but the location it references for the crashdump doesn't get created. If I manually create the directory nothing get's placed in the folder.

https://pastebin.com/w93dAkpM

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    EAC changed a bit for a17, and it's likely that your security software is locking it up and causing the issue. (Have been running into this a lot lately)

Follow the instructions here, and then verify the client files. Afterwards, let us know how it goes.

Refugee
    I already exclude my entire Steam folder from my Windows Defender Security Center. No issues reported when verifying client files.....