Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The big crying thread for 17.2 Economy

Quote Originally Posted by BioFringe View Post
    Damn man! Isn't that over 12 hours per day every day? Someone might need a breather

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zen37 View Post
    I dont mind the price nerf but i got the problem with attributes balance. Intellect tree is already strong and now barter and cooking have even more value then before. Look at agillity tree and compare it to intellect .. no contest here. I feel we need perk balancing update next.
    Really, for me Barter has far less Value.
    25% more Money if you sell is something i am not even sure that it is worth its 5 Skillpoints
    In A17.1 the perk was so powerfull that i tried to sell nothing before i had at least level 4 in it.

Now i really dont care.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by PPanda0421 View Post
    Can you explain how the Red Tea reduces max stamina loss works? I have tons of it made but I usually drink yucca juice or the goldenrod.
    If you exert yourself (say mine all day), you will notice your max stamina drops by quite a lot, and you will need to eat to recover it. Compare this to a day where you do nothing and your max stamina will not drop at all and you will not need to eat at all. Red Tea reduces the amount of max stamina you lose on those busy days (by 15% I think) meaning you need less food to replenish it.

Just for the record, I have never once put a point in Better Barter.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by zen37 View Post
    I dont mind the price nerf but i got the problem with attributes balance. Intellect tree is already strong and now barter and cooking have even more value then before. Look at agillity tree and compare it to intellect .. no contest here. I feel we need perk balancing update next.
    I agree about the balance, but my take on the Intellect tree is very different. I think of it as the weakest tree. It doesn't help you survive combat, or explore, or travel or loot, or gather. At least early on in the game.

That said, it is unfortunately the must-have tree early on. By level 20, the player will earn 23 points. Of those I feel at least 8 *MUST* go into Intellect (6 to get Int 5, 2 for Forge and Iron Tools, and 1 for Master Chef). If you do not spend those 8 points you are just gimping yourself for the early game, so there's basically no choice. That's 1/3 of your early points gone and you are not any better at actually existing in the world. Not good design.

It's OK in a co-op situation as one player can take on all the crafting and "stay home" (or stay at the back in dangerous situations), but for solo play it is very inflexible and verges on punishing.
    Last edited by Ghostlight; 1 Week Ago at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post

- - - Updated - - -

25% more Money if you sell is something i am not even sure that it is worth its 5 Skillpoints
    In A17.1 the perk was so powerfull that i tried to sell nothing before i had at least level 4 in it.

Now i really dont care.
    It's 25% if you sell and 50% if you buy. Also unlocks stash. Sounds pretty OP to me. I think it might even need a nerf!

Quote Originally Posted by RestInPieces View Post
    It's 25% if you sell and 50% if you buy. Also unlocks stash. Sounds pretty OP to me. I think it might even need a nerf!
    Sure, it is allready nerfed into the ground,
    (and does that look like i encumber)

The change was painfull enough and we can discuss if it was too strong (what is not what i say)
    Reducing the Perk again would be equal to remove the Traders completely.
    (I allready consider if i would again start a vanilla game as trader class)

Thats why i ask only for a small (startgame aimed) moneymaker for people that start on a countryish map

Reconstructionist

- - - Updated - - -

Now i really dont care.
    Another perk nerfed into oblivion.
    Which perk is next i wonder.

edit: To be fair, it was just fixed to do what the description always said.
    But the result is a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kattla View Post
    edit: To be fair, it was just fixed to do what the description always said.
    But the result is a nerf.
    Yep, thats the really problem. so instead of leading a lynch mob all i can do is
    Last edited by Royal Deluxe; 1 Week Ago at 02:13 PM.

Reconstructionist
    Yep, thats the really problem. so instead of leading a lynch mob all i can do is
    I guess that is why the new RWG is lots of water. All those tears have to end up somewhere.

- del -
    Last edited by n2n1; 5 Days Ago at 10:10 PM.

Scavenger
    The economy on the game is absolutely terrible now. Downgrading to 17.1 and waiting for the devs to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowprime View Post
    The economy on the game is absolutely terrible now. Downgrading to 17.1 and waiting for the devs to fix it.
    Please explain what you mean in detail. And what sollution you suggest.

Just finished my short term testplay for A17.2 B20.
    I had a really really nice startposition.
    In this context the new economy is in my opinion on the point.
    I wreched so many cars that i was able to generate arround 100 000 Coins in 10 Hours

Well this was a PERFECT Startspot

2 Trader near, one not far away. Dozends of Pois with nice easy reachable Stashes and Hundrets of cars arround.

So i stay at my meaning that we need a moneymaker for more countryish starts.
    I guess that the next thing i test as mod. I change the arround 5 Coins in some Trashbags to 70 and the 40 in Registers to 200
    Last edited by Royal Deluxe; 6 Days Ago at 04:54 AM.

Zombie Hunter
    For "countryish" starts couldn't you just use the wsad keys to go somewhere else? tip: hold shift to get there faster

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard69 View Post
    For "countryish" starts couldn't you just use the wsad keys to go somewhere else? tip: hold shift to get there faster
    Lol...Same strategy works for when you start in the snow biome and donít want to freeze once noob protection wears off.

Royal had a tough time with that too if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard69 View Post
    I had over the time many starts where a "just move to the next city" dont work.
    Did you ever had a map with all trader 3km away from the next town ?

Why the pushback ?
    A player that have access to enough cars or stashes will not spend his day by running arround and collection Trashbags, or focus on registers.