View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

    0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

    0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

    0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

    0 0%
Page 972 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 47287292296297097197297397498210221072 ... LastLast
Results 14,566 to 14,580 of 17457

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

  1. #14566
    QA Tester unholyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    south central U.S. in Arkansas
    Posts
    2,554
    Rep Power
    1
    i can see it now or later i should say.. more like end of a18 or into a19, people will be crying ... "where is the flesh bound book we were promised"

    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Was just talking today about making a book bound in human flesh you open and a nasty horde comes, if you survive it, you get Ash's Legendary chainsaw and shotgun.
    Last edited by unholyjoe; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:37 PM.

  2. #14567
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,389
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by khzmusik View Post
    I'll let Jim Sterling take this one...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S-DGTBZU14

    Now: the main problem, in that video, is that people are actively being encouraged to spend real-life money on microtransactions, by deliberately encouraging what is essentially gambling addiction. And the suggestion here did not include real money. That is definitely a big difference.

    Having said that - what would gambling mechanics even add to this game, really? And if it adds little to nothing - why even add something that could even be associated with gambling mechanics that are more predatory? All you're doing is encouraging gambling, even if not for real money. Is that worth it?

    (Of course, there's also the slippery slope argument - "people are already gambling in-game, so why not give them the opportunity to buy Duke's Casino Coins if they want?" I'd like to think TFP are smarter than that - but that may not have been stated by TFP, but some other developer trying to justify their own predatory gambling mechanics... like Rockstar. I don't want to add credibility to that argument.)

    I'll stick with my opinion that it's a bad idea. I won't stop playing the game if gambling is in it, I just don't think it's worth it. Especially when there are so many other things that have already been requested, that would definitely make the game more fun, and development time should be spent on those.
    Any lootable container in the game is a despicable loot box, just without the real money. 7D2D players are practically gambling dozens of times a day when they are out scavenging. Slippery Slope in full force. . No sorry, I don't buy your argument

    I agree that a gambling machine would be a bad idea, but for a different reason: It simply would be overkill. We already have a game chock full with "get some random loot" blocks.

  3. #14568
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    592
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    But according to the description, he only explodes prematurely if you do this. It does not prevent him from exploding.
    And I don't want the area around the base to become a crater landscape.
    I would assume that shooting him in other areas would just kill him like normal. Take the cop for example. He has a suicide attack but thats only if you give him time to use it. He doesn't auto explode if you kill him before that attack triggers. I would think it would be the same with the demolisher. You should be able to simply kill him (with a headshot maybe, gonna have to be careful of that "sweet spot" wherever its located) and honestly if he is isolated just killing him normally is probably preferred. However, I could see that tactical advantage of causing a premature detonation if he was surrounded by other zombies.

    Im sure he won't just insta detonate on death and will only explode if you shoot the the trigger spot.

  4. #14569
    Chronic Cougher Ouch Quit It's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Over here
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Does it matter???

    Also it could stand for dumb pun.
    Or the ever filling....double penetration...its so confusing...

  5. #14570
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    592
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    i can see it now or later i should say.. more like end of a18 or into a19, people will be crying ... "where is the flesh bound book we were promised"
    Welp, looks like I have to take matters into my own hands......

    begins tearing own skin off to craft said cursed tome

  6. #14571
    Captain Obvious
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,446
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslyGTFO View Post
    75 MF bugs on the wall...
    75 MF buuugs!
    Take 1 down, glitched in a barn
    84 MF on the wall...
    That's terrible lol

  7. #14572
    Chronic Cougher Ouch Quit It's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Over here
    Posts
    1,814
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by legolas141 View Post
    I would assume that shooting him in other areas would just kill him like normal. Take the cop for example. He has a suicide attack but thats only if you give him time to use it. He doesn't auto explode if you kill him before that attack triggers. I would think it would be the same with the demolisher. You should be able to simply kill him (with a headshot maybe, gonna have to be careful of that "sweet spot" wherever its located) and honestly if he is isolated just killing him normally is probably preferred. However, I could see that tactical advantage of causing a premature detonation if he was surrounded by other zombies.

    Im sure he won't just insta detonate on death and will only explode if you shoot the the trigger spot.
    Wait now we have premature exploding in game.....im really confused now...does honey help with that, or the teas, or the natural antibiotic?

  8. #14573
    QA Tester unholyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    south central U.S. in Arkansas
    Posts
    2,554
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by legolas141 View Post
    Welp, looks like I have to take matters into my own hands......

    begins tearing own skin off to craft said cursed tome
    thats the spirit.

  9. #14574
    Inventor
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    974
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by legolas141 View Post
    Im sure he won't just insta detonate on death and will only explode if you shoot the the trigger spot.
    I hope that's the case. The first thing I will do in A18 is to start a test world and take a closer look at the zombie.

  10. #14575
    QA Tester unholyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    south central U.S. in Arkansas
    Posts
    2,554
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    Wait now we have premature exploding in game.....im really confused now...does honey help with that, or the teas, or the natural antibiotic?
    ima guess this is the one time where the Blue Pill is not the correct pill.

  11. #14576
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,389
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    i can see it now or later i should say.. more like end of a18 or into a19, people will be crying ... "where is the flesh bound book we were promised"
    I will be crying in A19: "Unholy Joe, where is the flesh bound book you promised ?"



    <unholyjoe hands Meganoth a box of kleenex tissues>
    Last edited by unholyjoe; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:55 PM.

  12. #14577
    Ranger Quantum Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Michigan USA
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    ima guess this is the one time where the Blue Pill is not the correct pill.
    The blue pill is always the right (truth) pill. THe movie got it wrong because Lawrence held out the wrong hand, and they decided to keep it rather than reshoot. And only those in the know would know that the pill scene wa a mini-matrix 'tastes like chicken' scene.

  13. #14578
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    592
    Rep Power
    0
    I would say the way they worded that pretty much guarantees that you will be able to simply kill him if you don't want him to detonate. If you have to hit a "sweet spot" to trigger the explosion then shooting other areas won't prematurely trigger it. From earlier comments about the zombie I believe they also stated that he would only trigger his bombs to breach your base as his intended function is to crack the tough outer walls of your base.

    I can't be 100% sure but I also think I read in a comment from madmole or one of the other devs that he isnt going to be in the normal spawn table and that he may only spawn on horde night or something along those lines.

  14. #14579
    Ranger Quantum Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Michigan USA
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    1
    So I finally built a gyrocopter. And decided to try something. It took over one hundred attempts, but I kind of finally got it.

    Finally landed my gyrocopter on the supply plane. But couldn't do anything.

    This is 200% absolute immersion killing aspect for ALL players. (Except console). TFP needs to get this fixed right now. Divert all resources. Before A18 is released.

    Or is it becasue this is the secret ending?

  15. #14580
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    592
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    Wait now we have premature exploding in game.....im really confused now...does honey help with that, or the teas, or the natural antibiotic?
    The true meaning of 7 days to die has finally been revealed! after 7 days of being infected you don't actually turn into a zombie, you just die due to extreme dehydration brought on by uncontrollable projectile diarrhea hahaha!

    (Drink the dirty water at your own risk foolish survivor MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •