0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 973 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 47387392396397197297397497598310231073 ... LastLast
Results 14,581 to 14,595 of 17030

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Colony Founder
    It's amazing that you can build tools, vehicles and even whole buildings but you can't simply drink water using your hands anymore.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    It's amazing that you can build tools, vehicles and even whole buildings but you can't simply drink water using your hands anymore.
    See they havent implemented a way to wash your hands yet, so it isnt that you can't drink water with your hands. Your character just refuses to drink water from his hands when they are covered in a mix of dirt, zombie chunks and whatever else you may have stuck on your hands lol. At that point even a used tin can is a more appealing option
    Last edited by legolas141; 1 Week Ago at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Using your hands? Come on! This isn't a baby's toy. (Guess the reference, anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by khzmusik View Post
    That is true. But one of the criticisms is that this feeds into peoples' real-life gambling addictions. They may not lose real money on it, but it's still kind of a bummer, especially since gambling mechanics really wouldn't add anything to this game.
    Guppy and TSRViper responded for me.

If you're going to ASSUME that a gambling minigame (When I say "like Borderlands 2 random loot machine" I mean a gambling machine for IN GAME CURRENCY ONLY, not to pay with real money, that's how borderlands machine works.) feeds into real life addictions. Then we can remove drugs, alcohol, the strip club, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    Are videos okay?
    Yes, at least we can do some money with those.

Quote Originally Posted by khzmusik View Post
    Having said that - what would gambling mechanics even add to this game, really?
    In my personal experience and my friend's. Systems like Legendary items drop, or gambling in games. Only make us play more and more, and that's good, right?

To get dukes to gamble for that lucky drop you want so bad, or to keep doing dungeons for that legendary item.

I join the idea of ​​@Trankitas I would like to see in some Alpha 19 or 20 a machine swallows coins in the traders, where we put dukes and pull the lever and we can win random loot that when winning it appears in the Joel's rewards box, that It would be almost exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Madman.XXX View Post
    That is cool, but what I mean by gambling is more like: Trader Joel stole a lot of crates from the Duke's supplies caravan, and he want's to it sell them fast before the Duke trace them to him. So he sell them for a fair price but nobody knows what that crates have inside.

So you buy crates for lets say 1000 dukes, and the crates drop random loot. Could be tools, recipes, guns, ammo... who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Any lootable container in the game is a despicable loot box, just without the real money. 7D2D players are practically gambling dozens of times a day when they are out scavenging. Slippery Slope in full force. . No sorry, I don't buy your argument

I agree that a gambling machine would be a bad idea, but for a different reason: It simply would be overkill. We already have a game chock full with "get some random loot" blocks.
    I don't buy your argument either.

In Borderlands 2 practically EVERY enemy you kill drops loot. The machine keeps being one of the most fun features of the game.

Hunter
    But shouldn't players have the option to buy dukes with real-life currency? Just playing Devil's Advocate here. Wouldn't it be unfair to restrict those who want to spend real money for in-game money (dukes), by not allowing them to do that?

Edit: The UK Parliament have concluded that loot boxes are NOT gambling, and the U.S. Government is expected to follow suit. Just saying.
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 1 Week Ago at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    But shouldn't players have the option to buy dukes with real-life currency? Just playing Devil's Advocate here. Wouldn't it be unfair to restrict those who want to spend real money for in-game money (dukes), by not allowing them to do that?

Edit: The UK Parliament have concluded that loot boxes are NOT gambling, and the U.S. Government is expected to follow suit. Just saying.
    No, it would be unfair that your real life income could make you have better stuff that other players. You should have better stuff if you play better, more time, etc. In this case you have to win dukes by making quests, looting, selling items. Then you can buy exactly what you want, or gamble. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trankitas View Post
    I don't buy your argument either.

In Borderlands 2 practically EVERY enemy you kill drops loot. The machine keeps being one of the most fun features of the game.
    Its a LOOTER SHOOTER.

7d is scavenging survival crafting game.

2 completely unrelated genres that couldn't be possible further away apart.

And if you really like randomness at 1 spot that much, just open weapons tab at vendor and buy it all regardless of what's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    Its a LOOTER SHOOTER.

7d is scavenging survival crafting game.

2 completely unrelated genres that couldn't be possible further away apart.

And if you really like randomness at 1 spot that much, just open weapons tab at vendor and buy it all regardless of what's there.
    Doesn't make it a bad idea, the genre doesn't matter lol. I mean FIFA has random loot and it's fun.

Anyways, I'm not a 7dtd developer, they should see if the idea fits the game or not.
    Last edited by Trankitas; 1 Week Ago at 02:25 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post

No. Why? Because its against EULA of TFP.

Cheers

hmmm maybe... i will submit a suggestion to the pimps to change all vending machines in game to randomly do the following... take money and give nothing, take money and give wrong item(s) or just give money back without the item(s) or even just take money and apply poison gas killing nearby player(s).

seems to me to be a gambling experience...

Spoiler: 

i am kidding btw.
    Last edited by unholyjoe; 1 Week Ago at 02:29 PM.