0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 980 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 48088093097097897998098198299010301080 ... LastLast
Results 14,686 to 14,700 of 17030

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Wait, trash pandas. Raccoons, even possum, should be everywhere, at least at night. Maybe they don't attack(unless zombied) but would make noise to attract Z if you messed with them. Not a bad extra night hazard I think. Ha, with coons it would be hard to tell which ones were even zombies, feisty little things. Just realizing there are many realistic options left as far as believable animal types you can add. Just please no more giant bugs or silly stuff like that, no need and makes no sense biologically unless this were the Permian era or something, those seriously broke my immersion, there should be more than enough real world options to choose from that could be had fun with.
    Last edited by Mechanimal; 1 Week Ago at 06:25 PM.

Scavenger

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    We're talking about small zombies, little 1 meter egress guys. Imagine something like those kid spiders from the strain. Creepy enough you wouldn't feel any remorse shooting it, small enough to cause some scare factor hearing little footsteps creeping around, you couldn't even see it behind a kitchen counter.
    this sounds creepy and amazing .

Was just talking today about making a book bound in human flesh you open and a nasty horde comes, if you survive it, you get Ash's Legendary chainsaw and shotgun.
    That rates about a 10/10 on my joygasm meter.

Hunter
    Yeah, it does. I could tell since this "conversation" got off to a rocky start.

Now if you'll please excuse me, I'm going to do some tests in an A17 creative test world while listening to some rock and roll.
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 1 Week Ago at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkler View Post
    never thought ill see a dev proud of "gaming" his own game (without instantly wanting to fix it) .

@MM, will you ever consider enhancing the quest system to be less immersion breaking (arcade style)?

(example, POI reset will happen off screen like zombie spawn, not in your face after you just finished clearing up the place, quest start via use of some new UI, and not by a huge yellow "!" object in the world, etc)
    I can easily see why supporting MP make this harder to design and implement in the way i am suggesting, but was this really the best solution you can find? its fine for demonstrating a WIP concept as place holder, but since it don't fit the style of the rest of the game i would say for me at least it is non ship-able. it kinda ruin my immersion which i highly value in your game. hope you will keep it in mind and mb eventually find a better way to do it that is more immersion friendly.
    I used twice the ammo, so why not get twice the reward?

We'll probably address it at some point, but its not a big deal since you have the same risk either way. Doing it the first time doesn't get you the quest reward.

undead miners that still have either a sledge, shovel or a mining pick in their hands?

i wasnt that bad a looking guy/critter back in those days.... and i was drunk as a skunk when that picture was taken.

Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    i wasnt that bad a looking guy/critter back in those days.... and i was drunk as a skunk when that picture was taken.

Spoiler: 

he lies, he was never that good looking

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Imagine you're digging and then zombies come bursting through your tunnel from a nearby underground pocket. ...was just speaking to 4Sheetz and he's got it working.
    In A18 this would be a super simple POI.

A pocket of air with sleepers, y offset to bury it, fill up the top with terrainFillerAdaptive.
    Basic POI, no coding needed, undetectable on the surface because there's not the tiniest dent in the topsoil or decorations. =P

Trader Jen is just short for Trader Jenkins. He's always been a dude. There's nothing to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    In A18 this would be a super simple POI.

A pocket of air with sleepers, y offset to bury it, fill up the top with terrainFillerAdaptive.
    Basic POI, no coding needed, undetectable on the surface because there's not the tiniest dent in the topsoil or decorations. =P
    It probably is the same, except maybe the terrain should be trapped so it will break if step on it for the extra scare factor.

LOL Gross. We're setting the office up for recording so we can have artists come in and record and we won't need to book a studio.
    Just please have Pokket do Trader Jen! What an epic easter egg that would be!

While I can appreciate the uniqueness of the skin-book quest (Big Evil Dead fan myself) wouldn't it saturate servers with those "unique" items, and the novelty would sure wear off quickly, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Moles. Seriously. You need something that can double as a sleeper zombie for underground.
    personally, those pan-cake things from Star-Trek TOS which stuck to the ceilings and jumped at you always freaked me out