0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 982 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 48288293297298098198298398499210321082 ... LastLast
Results 14,716 to 14,730 of 17456

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    We need a holy hand grenade in the game to kill the bunny: https://youtu.be/QM9Bynjh2Lk?t=60
    we have a new in game mini-game now... obtain the charge-pack (c4) and chase a rabbit and stick it to him (the charge to the rabbit damnit)... good luck and when you do manage it... hope the rabbit doesnt want to be friends... that would be an exploding relationship.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Just allow an onDeath event to spawn a new entity and modders will take over...
    I was just about to suggest the same thing.

I always like the mods (esp. WOTW) that had friendly NPCs in them, even if they were far from perfect. One thing I would love to see is those friendly NPCs turn into zombie variants after they were killed.

I'm also sure plenty of modders would be willing to put child zombies into the game (which I'm all in favor of), and the ability for living children to get killed and zombified would be great IMHO. Especially if they spawn with friendly NPC "moms and dads" who aren't killed and have to turn on their dead kids.

I always loved that scene in TWD where the little girl zombie ambles out of the barn, months after people had started looking for her, or the one episode where Carol had to put down the teenage girl. That stuff is very powerful.

Obviously that's too much for many players (and many countries' laws) but it would be great to have it available as a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    But according to the description, he only explodes prematurely if you do this.
    Snowdog, you wanna have this one?

Tracker
    Well, I'd hate to say it, but loot boxes aren't going anywhere. While they most likely will never be introduced in 7D2D, they are slowly becoming as commonplace and as accepted by today's youth as loading screens and physical copies of games are like to us.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    No offense, but I think your suggestions have reached rock bottom. :P
    Must.. not.. respond..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Space4Ace View Post
    A rock could work for other places... Did I say rock? Oh no!!!
    I don't know.. did you?

Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    I'm not against the idea because of developer resources, I'm against the idea for the same reason I am against the trader being such a central piece of the game (especially in A16) and crafting being able to supply you with almost everything you need (especially in A17).

If money gets you everything it doen't matter anymore what you find, any item (except for crafting material) is just representing a value, i.e. what you get by selling it. Ideally any item should be either relatively useless or valuable to you based on your circumstances, i.e. what you need at the moment. You need plastic at the moment? You look for buildings where you might find plastic. Next day you need leather and you look for a cinema ...

Well, 99 other players can stop you but it would be too late.
    Lol!!! I get your point of view. It's interesting.

Come watch us stream A18, I'll be there on discord.

https://twitter.com/joelhuenink/stat...24147989823488

Captain Obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I checked my character. I have about 2 books in each group on average. I'm not changing it because my agility guy found loads. I got a bad roll and the POIs I've been to are not book bearing POIs.. One game I wanted to nerf it, this one I wanted to boost it. That means its perfect.

Like my other game had this one mansion, that had at least 6 book cases in it. I cleared it out, then went outside and started the quest, resetting the POI and double dipped. Trader sent me to the same place... so muahahaahah 24 book cases to loot.

Wouldn't that be an exploit?

Tracker
    Yes, but you know it's going to stick around for a while if even the developers of the game utilize it.

Captain Obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Blue View Post
    So I finally built a gyrocopter. And decided to try something. It took over one hundred attempts, but I kind of finally got it.

Finally landed my gyrocopter on the supply plane. But couldn't do anything.

This is 200% absolute immersion killing aspect for ALL players. (Except console). TFP needs to get this fixed right now. Divert all resources. Before A18 is released.

Or is it becasue this is the secret ending?
    Do whaaat? I got to see a video on that!

We're talking about small zombies, little 1 meter egress guys. Imagine something like those kid spiders from the strain. Creepy enough you wouldn't feel any remorse shooting it, small enough to cause some scare factor hearing little footsteps creeping around, you couldn't even see it behind a kitchen counter.
    If this ever happens I will uninstall!!
    You're a horrible person if you want to kill something that looks like a child!

Captain Obvious
    Yes Augers and chainsaws are considered top tier and should be balanced as such. I have a green auger and can get 3500 rocks with 2 lode and 3 miner (I think) in maybe 2 game hours. I have a steel pick that is pretty nice, but I only use it when my gas supply is low.
    Guess that's why they call you Madmole! lol

LOL of course. The idea is something small and terrifying. Could be a mudcrab from half life. I don't know. Cat zombies? But as a cat lover I can't go there lol. I guess I love dogs too but resident evil made them evil enough I don't mind killing zombie dogs. Something small and creepy. Maybe a torso that grew some spider legs or something like the thing. Doesn't have to be kid, but there really I see no problem with something strain ish. We want them popping out of the painting holes and heat ducts.
    Okay okay, easy there big bear, if you make them pop out (out of anything) I will literally poop my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Moles. Seriously. You need something that can double as a sleeper zombie for underground.

-Morloc

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    DnD caps it after a certain point. Can't go wrong with gygax.
    Gary Gygax! The Franklin Dixon of fantasy.