0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 984 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 48488493497498298398498598699410341084 ... LastLast
Results 14,746 to 14,760 of 17456

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    it does work. there are SO MANY tricks you dont know
    Such as...

Inventor
    I vote for a Bear Cub. About the size of the pig, so hard to see in the grass, can hide behind counters.

Secret Weapon: calling in Momma Bear.

Did I miss it? Did any of the Testers reply with how the Grenade/Molotov throwing was working in A18?

Wasn't intended as a poke at a sore spot; honestly curious how it is. If it's still a wip, totally ok. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by FileMachete View Post
    How's the Grenade/Molotov throwing in A18? Can you reliably toss them through a one block opening? How about throwing them straight down if you're standing right at the edge of a wall?

Edit: I mean standing on top of a wall, almost about to fall off it.
    There have been a variety of changes to thrown items (colliders, sizes, velocities, drag, timing, fix for throwing downward).

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    I dont get it. Im not perverted like some of you people, sheesh!
    You MUST have a perverted mind if you're assuming DaVega has some sort of dark connotation to his comment...

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    I can 100% guarentee you i have no option to drop nothing on death in my sp alpha 17 world.

- - - Updated - - -

Augers raise heat when, only only when, you press the button. If you hold it down all the time, no screamers. It's when people tap it they get screamers. This was told to me. So I hold the button and never get screamers.
    I hold the button using auger/chainsaw and I always get screamers and frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by FileMachete View Post
    Did any of the Testers reply with how the Grenade/Molotov throwing was working in A18?

Wasn't intended as a poke at a sore spot; honestly curious how it is. If it's still a wip, totally ok. Just curious.
    poking back at your sore spot... i just survived the day 21/22 blood moon and i used the stack of 16 i got from doing a quest.

all i will tell you is... they worked perfect for me but just wasnt enough of them... yes i used them on group so not wasted on 1 zombie.... and i didnt blow myself up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    Such as...
    put into spoiler because its really off topic
    Spoiler: 

All these depend on certain aspects, so these listed here are might not apply to you directly, but they are far from all the tricks they use.

The beforementioned hight of products, the important products in the back (like meat/fish and bread), 99$; 95$, or the sweets at the waiting line.
    But there are so much more:
    sales are actually a massive win, since they attract customers to actually come in and buy it, but at the same time go "oh i could use that and that and..." 2cent beans
    the better known "big size is cheaper" trick where you are encouraged to buy the bigger one even if you dont need it
    specific songs to calm the buyer to slow him down if he was in a rush
    certain color pallets that have years of marketing behind them
    founding sister/daughter companies to sell under another name, so even if you hate nestle, you very probably still consume a lot of their products, since they own like 30 other popular brands.
    raising the price of a product (due to inflation) and making it a product on sale with the old price

and I'm not even in the marketing sector... thats just things I got told from an early age. But my friend who actually works for a marketing company says "its insane how many tricks they use" from demographic to sounddesign to agegroup to special payback cards and so on and so forth.

All of these are marginal effects. None of them hammer in your head: "BUY ME!!" like some futurama hypno toad
    but it adds up.
    Last edited by Viktoriusiii; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:47 PM.

Captain Obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    There have been a variety of changes to thrown items (colliders, sizes, velocities, drag, timing, fix for throwing downward).
    Does throwing rocks and things distract zombies now?
    Will hitting a zombie with a rock hurt them in Alpha 18?

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    poking back at your sore spot... i just survived the day 21/22 blood moon and i used the stack of 16 i got from doing a quest.

all i will tell you is... they worked perfect for me but just wasnt enough of them... yes i used them on group so not wasted on 1 zombie.... and i didnt blow myself up.
    Good News! Thank you both for the info, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Does throwing rocks and things distract zombies now?
    Will hitting a zombie with a rock hurt them in Alpha 18?
    Throwing rocks already distracts zombies in a17, I've used it multiple times during the early nights.

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    I don't mind if it takes longer to get the base ready for battle again. In A16 it always took me a whole day to repair the base and prepare it for the next horde. It takes a while to place 700-900 wooden spikes.

But what would bother me about this zombie would be if he exploded no matter what you do. You can kill the cop before he explodes and thus prevent the explosion or you can get to safety in time. Something like that would also be desirable for the demolition zombie.
    Currently the Demo explosion does a lot more damage to entities than blocks. One hit of his melee attack does as much block damage as the explosion, so you would want to kill him to stop him smashing on your walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Drithyl View Post
    Throwing rocks already distracts zombies in a17, I've used it multiple times during the early nights.
    Yes and distractions are the same in A18.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    I was just trying to get you to list things as they would apply to me, but you didn't bite.

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Yeah, your right people are never satisfied. Like some people want firefighters and stuff like that in the game, even make there avatars look as such! Geez!

Hey wait! 00
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KgAilTTZnQ

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHorde View Post
    Cool! Hang on...so, if something that was already in content lock is being redesigned, can that mean the other 70 odd bugs are also redesigns like 'redesign water for boats', 'redesign food for spoilage', 'rejig the world for 16k'? Lol
    The must fix bugs are mostly actual bugs. Some are unfinished features, like 7 of them are for items that don't have an icon.

The demo zombie is basically done other than the numbers might need some tweaking and if we find any bugs with it. We have a new programmer helping out with some AI tasks, so he took over finishing the demo and I've been able to spend more time on occlusion and optimizations.