0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 989 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 48988993997998798898999099199910391089 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,835 of 17030

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Re colors: Yeh I thought the colors were fine. (Shrug)

Besides, it's not just post apocalyptic it's also post-nuclear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    With the nerf to ammo, no more steel ammo, some of us were upset because brass is not common enough. Madmoles answer, at least one of them, was to wrench cars and get all brass at a poi, then reset it for a quest.

They seem to balancing the game around this mechanic. It should stay. You still have to work to clear it, what's the big deal? If I clear a poi, then reset it for a quest, or loot the house next door then do the quest what's the difference?

Immersion I guess. It's a good point. But I'll take fun balanced gameplay over immersion anyday.
    We will always reset the POI when you take the quest. Probably just not in front of your face like now. So in theory you could clear that house before its given to you as a quest, then clear it again after you got the quest, just not like you can now twice straight in a row right in front of your eyes.

Since you're up:

Do spears have a chance of breaking like arrows?

Are there any new hooks in the quest XML?

Have y'all considered modifying the retrieval rate for spears, appears it is too quick? They were grabbing them sometimes even before the spears actually hit the zombies, and the hit registered...

Hunter
    Farmer's gloves could be a grand addition! (:

Just a suggestion, but biker's gloves could be an interesting addition. ^^ Having gloves that are cosmetic/offer weather protection aren't necessary of course, it's just one of those "quirks" I noticed (the lack of them outside of armor-based ones, and plant fiber gloves). :P

Edit: If you're going for set bonuses for attire in A18 like it is rumored (but I may be incorrect on this one), maybe with the biker's gloves (complete with a biker's set?) could be increased damage reduction when riding a bike, for example. (Damage would be taken when zombies swing at a player while they, the player, is mounted on a vehicle.) Or they could just be standalone like the High Performance Running Shoes or whatever they are called. Again, just tossing ideas. :3
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 1 Week Ago at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    A trip down Tone Mapping Lane.. https://joelhuenink.tumblr.com/post/...ed-a-very-nice

It wasn't around very long, but looked quite dashing!
    Its still in there and we can tweak it at will to change the tone of the game. Right now we need to get pbr finished you art critics can start judging around a19 right now the game is still a mess of old art and old renderer with some new art coming on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriusiii View Post
    So I am currently watching the streams you guys did...
    and MM said that you get 50xp for a book (if you have already read it). But you didnt really lower the xp.
    So 50xp is laughable. Books should be valuable. They shouldnt be one time items. Make them 5000xp ... if that is too much 2500. But it needs to give more than a small group of zombies. It is so rare, it would be so sad to find a book you already have, because you need the other ones.

If it is 2500 you can at least go "oh yeah xp!" instead of "oh cman already got this! SCRAP!" 50xp is nothing. That is 5 fists on cotton or 5 seconds with an auger/chainsaw. Even if you found 20 up to day 40 every time it would be a super rare item (on par with weapons, probably still rarer). And it should be rewarding. So if you have 7/20 books you do not feel like "ugh gotta go search for these books even though i probably only scrap them".

To explain further:
    first find: permanent bonus that stays with you and is worth skillpoints.
    second+ find: 5 seconds of hitting cotton

2500+ xp (depending on rarity even up to 10000 just to really reward you for wasting oyur time looting bookshelves when you already have a majority of books)
    Dude drop it. Books already rain you in super powers they don't need to give you a ton of XP on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    A trip down Tone Mapping Lane.. https://joelhuenink.tumblr.com/post/...ed-a-very-nice

It wasn't around very long, but looked quite dashing!
    yeah but many things have and will change in time... here is real memory lane.

https://imgur.com/a/QdvVgjA

also... that is same location in both alphas... last intersection in diersville looking toward hill.
    Last edited by unholyjoe; 1 Week Ago at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    yeah but many things have and will change in time... here is real memory lane.

You're going to make the new people want the minimap. :-)
    Last edited by Guppycur; 1 Week Ago at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    ...going to love watching the overreaction from the haters on this post...

Re lead deposits: they're cubes. Borg ships. Lead may look like that material (it does) but definitely not that shape. Just saying, it's pretty weird. Dollar says y'all change it.
    I'm stupid as well, we all are. If anyone says they never needed a wiki or never looked some how to up on a game before they are a liar or haven't played very many games.

If you look it up and see the various shapes it is certainly possible. Heck go visit the Ross Perot museum in Dallas and have a look at all the minerals there you would be surprised what God has created.

You're going to make the new people want the minimap. :-)
    no i wont but you sure will try.. my point is the graphics difference and not ui, as i said... things changed and will change.

Since you're up:

Do spears have a chance of breaking like arrows?

Are there any new hooks in the quest XML?

Have y'all considered modifying the retrieval rate for spears, appears it is too quick? They were grabbing them sometimes even before the spears actually hit the zombies, and the hit registered...
    No because you mod them and they are expensive craft, arrows are expendable. You probably saw lag over a MP game or twitch. You can't retrieve a spear until its stuck in the zombie.

I haven't given any feedback on it yet, I have not played the perception build yet. Don't know your other question.

67 MF's this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    67 MF's this morning.
    Pretty nice, I guess the occlusion bug it's going to be one of the last standing right?

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    no i wont but you sure will try.. my point is the graphics difference and not ui, as i said... things changed and will change.
    Naw I'm anti mini map. Same with 3rd person. It's why I want lean in, because I like the first person immersion but I also want the benefits.

When vr is fully supported (i.e. when y'all make a vr ui) then things like a minimap and 3rd person will just be weird.

#fps4life

Naw I'm anti mini map. Same with 3rd person. It's why I want lean in, because I like the first person immersion but I also want the benefits.

When vr is fully supported (i.e. when y'all make a vr ui) then things like a minimap and 3rd person will just be weird.

#fps4life
    Same, people usually play 3rd person for cheesing corners. It's a pathetic thing to do.