0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 1003 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 350390395399310011002100310041005101310531103 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,045 of 17030

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    I can verify that if my crosshairs do not see the arrow a can't "E Vac" the arrows. I should be able to do an E VAC for arrows in a radius similar to when picking up items that have dropped.
    You dont press E to pick up items in A18, you have to punch them or hit them with a stone axe. Part of the new unified pick up system.

I can verify that if my crosshairs do not see the arrow a can't "E Vac" the arrows. I should be able to do an E VAC for arrows in a radius similar to when picking up items that have dropped.
    strange because in my a18 i DO NOT have to be looking and hitting "E" to hover up stuff is a habit with me.. but i dont waste time looking for each arrow... i just spam the "E" and move on. not if i happen to see a stray arrow in a while i will walk over and fetch it.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    strange because in my a18 i DO NOT have to be looking and hitting "E" to hover up stuff is a habit with me.. but i dont waste time looking for each arrow... i just spam the "E" and move on. not if i happen to see a stray arrow in a while i will walk over and fetch it.
    ok so I can ignore SnowDog1942 dis-information? I was about to right a 3 part letter with yellow copy to MM and Pink copy to Roland about that

ok so I can ignore SnowDog1942 dis-information? I was about to right a 3 part letter with yellow copy to MM and Pink copy to Roland about that
    Sorry, was just me trying to say how much i dislike having to punch a corn plant in the face to grab corn.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    So Like the new book system. Any chance you can setup the Traders to give out Quest for Books? like "So you want to be Dirty Harry" sends you on a series of quest to get the books and the final maybe provides a weapon or ammo

So Like the new book system. Any chance you can setup the Traders to give out Quest for Books? like "So you want to be Dirty Harry" sends you on a series of quest to get the books and the final maybe provides a weapon or ammo
    if that happened, then books would just be a another common item and not something to try to find and appreciate...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Sorry, was just me trying to say how much i dislike having to punch a corn plant in the face to grab corn.
    fear not... what i made note about has nothing to do with harvesting plants.. you still punch them.

and my way of collecting arrows only means i dont waste time looking for them... the game may see my cursor but i myself am not watching where the arrows are.

Tracker
    New bridges look so good. Nice job guys.

Release it

Quote Originally Posted by Thecolours View Post
    New bridges look so good. Nice job guys.
    Will there be tool booths on some bridges loaded with coins?

Tracker
    Will there be tool booths on some bridges loaded with coins?
    Having bandits guard the bridges and forcing players to pay a toll to cross would be funny.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I never have access to medicated bandages. I've been slowly building up an aloe farm but if you just plant what seeds you find its not a lot.

Just take some duct tape, you can make a splint if you need one. Better yet, take a cooking pot you can make duct tape anywhere you go then, because there are almost always bones/vultures/dogs to get bones as you go, and just make some glue/tape/splint on the spot with a bit of work.
    Why no access?

Isn't it more beneficial to use medicated bandages?

More healing.
    Stop bleeding.
    Less stacks used and so on?
    Last edited by sillls; 1 Week Ago at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    Any chance you guys at TFP have fixed your garbage collector? It keeps unloading the texture for the charge bar that shows up when your drawing a bow, Maybe set it to NOT unload any UI elements?
    The bar was using some old UI code. It was recently changed to use our XUI system, which most of the UI uses. The bar is now bigger and I have not seen it disappear since the change.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMunchy View Post
    speaking of bars and throwing...i hope in A18 Molotov throwing is fixed. It sucks that i need literally a 5x5 opening to throw one . like, did the apocalypse of zombies give us bad hand eye coordination yet we can make guns with duct tape XD
    For A18, I reworked and did a lot of testing on molotov, grenade, pipebomb, dynamite and timed charge throwing, moving and colliding. They seem good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Hmmmm. As I think about it I guess I donít hold e down to vacuum in the arrows but I go near the body and I tap tap tap tap tap and each tap collects an arrow but my cursor isnít on them. I even get arrows that are out of sight because the zombie rolled over on top of them
    The crosshair has to 'touch' the body to use [E] successfully. When stuck in a block you do have to 'find' the spot before you can use [E], a bit wonky also based on the angle you're facing it. So I understang Guppycur's comment having trouble collecting them. It is indeed a skill to master. Just saying.