0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 1009 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 950990995999910071008100910101011101910591109 ... LastLast
Results 15,121 to 15,135 of 17457

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    What's the endgame of Space Invaders?

Think of it like that.
    Lol.
    Missile Command? Delaying the inevitable...

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Corvid View Post
    Lol.
    Missile Command? Delaying the inevitable...
    The endgame for me is obtaining over 1 million dukes and becoming the Emperor of the Economy, and giving the Duke a run for his money.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    The endgame for me is obtaining over 1 million dukes and becoming the Emperor of the Economy, and giving the Duke a run for his money.
    Exactly. There is no story to say "The End" to so you decide upon your own end conditions. Mostly though the true endgame is finally reaching a point where you decide to start over and that will be different for each person.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    Yep. Looks just like most of the houses where I live. You even have the aloe vera landscaping.
    The only things missing are clay tile roofing and a couple lion statues.
    The garage is clay tile roof, hard to see from down below.

Tracker
    Exactly. There is no story to say "The End" to so you decide upon your own end conditions. Mostly though the true endgame is finally reaching a point where you decide to start over and that will be different for each person.
    Precisely. For a lot of people, the endgame is when they can deal with the hordes with an almost zero chance of death, as well as having almost endless resources (and the ability to grind for said resources) within their chests. For others, it's building that fantasy castle, or restoring a town, or just restoring a house or building a bunker that is included with electricity just for the heck of it. Some people play permadeath and may quit their world even after day 5 or 6 upon generating it. To anyone reading this and wondering the same thing, 7 Days to Die is a sandbox game. You decide where and when your journey ends. Until then, drive safe, shoot straight, and run over those pesky rabbits.

Edit: I have nothing against rabbits IRL; they are freaking adorable. But I hate any entity that bounces around like a broken record that flew off from the gramophone. X3
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 1 Week Ago at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by archergod View Post
    I have a question, What is end game for 7DTD?

When I play A16 for first time, I was new to game and it took me 45-50 game days with 2hrs game play (about 90hrs) to get hang of game. And then after I start, I usually get comfortable after 40-45 hrs of game play. (in Vanilla game).

Now, in A17, I have player over 50-60 hrs of single game, and now I have 1000hr Steam recorded game experience in total. Yet I feel I am not fully prepared. Though I am comfortable in killing and finish POI, but I still lack some thing to be done in game properly. So, did I reach end game? I can clearer see for a new player it is about 80-100hrs of game play to get hang of his game, for experience it is still 30-40 hrs of game play.

And from changes to A18, it seems to double the time for me. But what FunPimp consider as end game?
    We will eventually have a story line you can go through and beat the game, but it will keep playing. As long as you are having fun and find late game looting and fort defense challenging/fun, then keep going. When you feel you aren't challenged or there is no more loot your after thats when I start a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    (Forgot to quote, so replying to Aldranon)

My additions are:

- 7 Days to Cook
    - 7 Days to Craft
    - 7 Days to Loot
    - 7 Days to Farm
    7 days to factorio!

For me, before I start a new game, it helps to make limits (Rules) for my character and if I want to role-play the new game or not.

Min-Maxing the game mechanics never works well with Role-playing, for me.
    Role-Playing is not the optimal way to play, but if you can "Get into it", its the most fun by far!

Other rules are:
    -Allowable places for a BM base.
    -What kind of person is my new character. Once you have this in mind, Role-play is easy. If i decide my new character is already fit, like Fallout. Having up to 20 points for the starter mission works well, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TSRViper View Post
    7 days to factorio!
    FPS Factorio! Whoever makes that kind of game, has my vote for game of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    FPS Factorio! Whoever makes that kind of game, has my vote for game of the year!
    It already exists, it's called Satisfactory. xD

And it's super fun!

Tracker
    But it's on epic instead of steam so that may be why you haven't heard of it.

Yep, the only downside to that game. 7D2D with conveyor belts! That would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    So what I'm reading is, of you are a good shot and hit the body, it's hard to retrieve them, but if you sick and miss a lot you can suck them up from the surrounding blocks.
    Quite the opposite, you 'suck' them up from bodies, and have to precisely aim to retrieve from the ground/walls. It happens often at horde night that like with spitting cops the lag is so bad that I can't shoot them properly and I retrieve those missed projectiles the next morning. (I don't like guns so much, too easy)
    Last edited by mr.natural; 1 Week Ago at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    We will eventually have a story line you can go through and beat the game, but it will keep playing. As long as you are having fun and find late game looting and fort defense challenging/fun, then keep going. When you feel you aren't challenged or there is no more loot your after thats when I start a new game.
    Like in Minecraft, right? There you can go to a special dimension and beat a boss to get the credits flowing, but you can keep playing afterwards.

Talking about Minecraft, maybe like it, have it that each Level 5 or so plays the A16 level up sound, and other Levels play the A17 level up sound.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by agrastiOs View Post
    Like in Minecraft, right? There you can go to a special dimension and beat a boss to get the credits flowing, but you can keep playing afterwards.
    I'd love to see 7DTD's ending. You beat the Duke and while there's still zombies around, you're the king of the apocalypse now, baby