0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 1013 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 13513913963100310111012101310141015102310631113 ... LastLast
Results 15,181 to 15,195 of 17457

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecolours View Post
    What about an ark style gate?
    We have doors large enough to fit a 4x4, that all we need.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    What is damage base ramp dilemma?
    Actually, the term used was "damaged base ramp dilemma". It's about a ramp block at the base of something (possibly the drawbridge, possibly pre-existing bridges in the game)... a base ramp, for lack of a better term... which gets damaged while driving into it (which happens as part of driving over it). The dilemma is how to avoid this without adding an OP mechanic into the game, i guess.

We might do a proper helicopter so 4 people can travel together. quickly but costly.

I doubt we'll do speed mods because of chunk generation speed. Probably fuel economy for sure, the rest we will wait to talk about.
    While the 4x4 is available, in a17 we always ended up splitting up and taking the motorcycles because they were easier to maneuver in woods, and the combined storage was more than the 4x4. Plus people could just head back to base individually if they wanted.

There just wasn't a compelling reason to take the 4x4 instead.. maybe it could have crafting/cooking stations installed in mods slots or a mounted turret in the future?

I LOVE the idea of a 4 man helicopter... exploring from the air makes spotting points of interest easier, and also reduces server load from 4 people travelling individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliphas the Inheritor View Post
    Well, if you won't do it then we will do it (regarding speed). I modded my bicycle file and made it faster than it was, because it was unrealistically slow and useless, not worth the time, effort and resources to build one....and the same with the other vehicles. I'm glad that at least it can be modded.
    Its nearly as fast as a minibike, bypasses any encumbrance you have and doesn't use fuel, its perfect as is. You might as well turn on god mode and fly around if that is your idea of useless.

...until you add that 4 man helicopter...

Then of course we'll want a electric opening heliport door.... (hmm... maybe it would fit in two drawbrides butted against each other, with a fresh coat of paint?)

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperXGen View Post
    When detection "eye" was removed in A17 I had mixed feelings: in one hand, it was fair to remove it (strange that a player can find out if they were noticed), in the other, removal caused a bit of sadness. Thinking about it, I've come up with an idea to introduce it back to the game, but now as a reward for collecting a set of books. It can also be explained: "after having mastered stealth skills, you can feel any evil sight".

P.S. I'm sorry for flooding, but it seems that my first post was not noticed.
    I don't think they will return to having the eye in place of the crosshairs but maybe having it next to the stealth bar might be a cool idea for those who have found the book that trains them on recognizing when you are being watched...

Refugee
    Do you throw away your modded pink pump shotgun? No. So why would you throw away your spear? Its something you are heavily invested in, its not just a stick you don't care about. We could always consider "throw away spears" like arrows, but they wouldn't be moddable and at this point, nope not happening for A18.
    Ideally when you are holding your pink modded spear and you right click, you'll throw your non-moddable "throw away spears" rather than throw your melee pink modded spear.

Quote Originally Posted by noob_Lurker View Post
    Actually, the term used was "damaged base ramp dilemma". It's about a ramp block at the base of something (possibly the drawbridge, possibly pre-existing bridges in the game)... a base ramp, for lack of a better term... which gets damaged while driving into it (which happens as part of driving over it). The dilemma is how to avoid this without adding an OP mechanic into the game, i guess.
    Fixed but players can't craft them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    While the 4x4 is available, in a17 we always ended up splitting up and taking the motorcycles because they were easier to maneuver in woods, and the combined storage was more than the 4x4. Plus people could just head back to base individually if they wanted.

There just wasn't a compelling reason to take the 4x4 instead.. maybe it could have crafting/cooking stations installed in mods slots or a mounted turret in the future?

I LOVE the idea of a 4 man helicopter... exploring from the air makes spotting points of interest easier, and also reduces server load from 4 people travelling individually.
    Back seat mod for 4 people will get it where it needs to be. Being able to take damage as well, currrently everything is nearly indestructable which will change in A19.

We might do a proper helicopter so 4 people can travel together. quickly but costly.

I doubt we'll do speed mods because of chunk generation speed. Probably fuel economy for sure, the rest we will wait to talk about.
    uhh why?!
    Why not focus on actually giving people a reason to want/need to travel all over the map first? Or how about supporting the 16k map at least (24k - 32k would be better)? Before considering making an aerial vehicle that can haul 4 players around the map?

When you can literally travel across an 8k map in 20 (irl) minutes, a stack of megacrushes on your tool belt, on foot! Why would you want to make your map 'Feel' even smaller?
    *Travel time based off of A17.4* That's really not much time, its only a 1/3rd of the default 24hr game day.
    Did you readjust the walking/running speeds or something and it takes more time now?

Why not just add a 4 passenger land vehicle first?

Just curious as to the reasoning behind even thinking about adding it, is all?

Scavenger Eliphas the Inheritor's Avatar
    Its nearly as fast as a minibike, bypasses any encumbrance you have and doesn't use fuel, its perfect as is. You might as well turn on god mode and fly around if that is your idea of useless.
    Nope, I made my bike 3 times as fast and it's more realistically. In real life, no way I would move so slow with the bike unless I got an injury, being afraid that my bike would fall apart any moment or being just an old bag of bones, so yes, the bicycle is totally useless (again, for ME).

I get what you are trying to say, your reason behind not making vehicles faster and I'm NOT ASKING you to modify anything but for me the vehicles are too slow so...I will just mod the xml file so it can feel more realistically, same with the other vehicles, and adjust the fuel consumption accordingly.

Flying in god mode feels like cheating so no thanks. I'm glad that I can mod the game the way I want, because if it were not for the xml files, I would be done playing this game a long time ago since I don't like many things and don't consider this as complaining, but what I do like is the fact that I can have many options from which to choose. Just don't take away our modding support and everything's fine.
    Last edited by Eliphas the Inheritor; 1 Week Ago at 06:13 PM.

Tracker
    But what about Zombie Titanosaur?
    Need a gate big enough for that little fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    uhh why?!
    Why not focus on actually giving people a reason to want/need to travel all over the map first? Or how about supporting the 16k map at least (24k - 32k would be better)? Before considering making an aerial vehicle that can haul 4 players around the map?

When you can literally travel across an 8k map in 20 (irl) minutes, a stack of megacrushes on your tool belt, on foot! Why would you want to make your map 'Feel' even smaller?
    *Travel time based off of A17.4* That's really not much time, its only a 1/3rd of the default 24hr game day.
    Did you readjust the walking/running speeds or something and it takes more time now?

Why not just add a 4 passenger land vehicle first?

Just curious as to the reasoning behind even thinking about adding it, is all?
    A vehicle mod that allows for 4-players riding together in the Jeep would be something for A19 or A20 whereas a full helicopter would probably be post gold. Timing is probably the difference between them.

Also a mod for additional passengers is actually under consideration by TFP while a full helicopter is just out loud wishful thinking on Madmole’s part here in the moment.
    Last edited by Roland; 1 Week Ago at 06:06 PM.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Some salient points being made regarding vehicles, glad y'all are looking into them more for a19.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliphas the Inheritor View Post
    Nope, I made my bike 3 times as fast and it's more realistically. In real life, no way I would move so slow with the bike unless I got an injury, being afraid that my bike would fall apart any moment or being just an old bag of bones, so yes, the bicycle is totally useless (again, for ME).

I get what you are trying to say, your reason behind not making vehicles faster and I'm NOT ASKING you to modify anything but for me the vehicles are too slow so...I will just mod the xml file so it can feel more realistically, same with the other vehicles, and adjust the fuel consumption accordingly.

Flying in god mode feels like cheating so no thanks. I'm glad that I can mod the game the way I want, because if it were not for the xml files, I would be done playing this game a long time ago since I don't like many things, but what I do like is the fact that I can have many options from which to choose.
    That might sound stupid but... You are holding the shift key to go faster on the bicycle, right?
    I find that it's fast enough as an entry level way to move around the map. I craft the minibike once possible of course, but the bicycle is definitely fast enough.