0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 1017 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 17517917967100710151016101710181019102710671117 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,255 of 17456

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiepoptard View Post
    When starting a new game can you guys make it so the the cheats and the console controls can’t be accessed ever in that one game. I find it very hard to not mess with those kinds of stuff due to the convenance of altering time and my own restraint.
    Take out the F1 key from your keyboard. That should work!

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Spears have quality and accept mods, so no them breaking would enrage people who invested so much in their spear.
    I am sure Gazz can sneak in some stackable non quality easy to make javelins from xml. As an alternative to the early game bow but not as great investment as an actual spear. Can make the spears a bit more expensive to craft even then..

When a new player joins my game they have a hard time getting over to where Iím at. I donít like fast traveling but a one time fast travel would be nice for not wasting time looking for your buddy. One time teleport to friends bed.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiepoptard View Post
    When a new player joins my game they have a hard time getting over to where I’m at. I don’t like fast traveling but a one time fast travel would be nice for not wasting time looking for your buddy. One time teleport to friends bed.
    Accept the party invite/send one out and have your friend accept one, go into DM mode, go to the map, locate your friend's location, hold down Shift and right click where you want to be teleported to.

if server owner, you can try to adjust the spawnpoints.xml to a safe spot or meeting area

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    if server owner, you can try to adjust the spawnpoints.xml to a safe spot or meeting area
    Can't they have an option to setspawnpoint or something? Pretty sure a lot of games have that in the XML already

- - - Updated - - -

omg im stupid and re read that LOL

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliphas the Inheritor View Post
    I was comparing the bicycle speed with the way I ride the bicycle in real life
    Got me curious, so I really checked if madmoles claim of 22mph was correct. This is based on a block size of 1 m (which is the official assumption AFAIK and checks out with sizes in the game, for example the height of people and the map size).

I used a bike in 7D2D and drove in a straight line for 30 seconds (my stamina didn't last any longer). Was 300m from my starting point. 300m/30seconds is 36km/h is ~22mph.

It seems madmole was comparing to reality too when he said the bike is fast. Can you keep up 35km/h for 30 seconds with a normal bike?

Is it still restricted to 4 players in a group, like A17? Wondering because I was playing a lot of MP recently and there were 5-7 of us at times and grouping up got frustrating. Especially when there is 5 of us and we either can't or have to split into 2 smaller groups. Mainly sucks when doing POI sweeps together because the XP and perk buffs aren't shared by everyone. Making it up to 6 or even 8 would be nice, or better yet somehow connecting multiple groups for XP/buff sharing on larger group adventures.

*edit: I don't really play a ton of MP, but my friends do(some nothing but), and they kept bringing this up for a few days because 5 of us were on a lot together and we kept cancelling outings or splitting up due to the group limit. Told them I'd ask here and see if/when any changes might come to how the group mechanic works. I'm fine either way really, was more of a mild inconvenience than a big deal, to me anyway.
    Last edited by Mechanimal; 1 Week Ago at 10:44 PM.

Survivor
    With gas being scarce until you unlock gas crafting the minibike might make a comeback. Motorcycle isn't bad though. 4x4 takes so much gas just to fill I feel bad driving it. Once I get my oil plant going though, I would. Day 50 and no gas can schematic yet. I might have to buy the perk but I'm holding out as long as I can hoping to find the schematic.
    Don't forget, the moment you buy the perk you'll find 5 schematics in the next POI!

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Got me curious, so I really checked if madmoles claim of 22mph was correct. This is based on a block size of 1 m (which is the official assumption AFAIK and checks out with sizes in the game, for example the height of people and the map size).

I used a bike in 7D2D and drove in a straight line for 30 seconds (my stamina didn't last any longer). Was 300m from my starting point. 300m/30seconds is 36km/h is ~22mph.

It seems madmole was comparing to reality too when he said the bike is fast. Can you keep up 35km/h for 30 seconds with a normal bike?
    I concur. The bike is great as-is. Probably a bit unrealistically great.

Holding shift down constantly is a bit counterintuitive but it's the thing to do. Then only use "W" intermittently (think woodpecker) unless you're going up a hill. You can maintain maybe 80%+ of top speed almost indefinitely. Only if you're going up a lot of hills will stamina be an issue. Typically you get enough down slopes for it to balance out.

My biggest reason for getting a motorcycle is the increased capacity and my tendency to hit every trader I'm aware of every few days for a few weeks, until I get the particular things I'm short on or complete a particular project. (took 60+ days of that to find a solar bank for sale in my most recent game...so ridiculous)

After you have got top speed sprinting on the bike, try releasing w and keep shift held down (on flat or downhill only). You maintain speed (relatively) but regen stamina at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    wait Gas schematic is back in A18? you don't need it in A17.4.
    There are dozens and dozens of schematics back in A18 that we didn't need in A17.4

#wholenewgame

Quote Originally Posted by TSRViper View Post
    After you have got top speed sprinting on the bike, try releasing w and keep shift held down (on flat or downhill only). You maintain speed (relatively) but regen stamina at the same time.
    going down hill is physics (like jump off of bike and it will keep going down hill)... but as for level ground... i can not get this to happen in a18 current build.

Quote Originally Posted by spacepiggio View Post
    That makes sense, Pointed Sticks are coming back aren't they?
    Sharp sticks are back in the game but not in the way you think...more of a troll "return" by our own dear Madtroll...er...Madmole

If they are then how about stacking those & making them throwable.
    I would be happy if I could throw a bunch of sharp wooden objects consecutively without retrieving a single 1...

Early game weapon of course...
    sounds like arrows...

Yes, there is a 3x5 garage door to drive your 4x4 into now.
    Can you give us image this 3x5 garage door?