0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1379 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 37987912791329136913771378137913801381138914291479 ... LastLast
Results 20,671 to 20,685 of 22469

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by unlike them View Post
    I think MM doesn't want blocks to downgrade anymore, so if a block says XXX hp, this is what we get, and when it gets destroyed, the block is gone. Can anyone playing A18 confirm, is it in game yet?
    I remember it being posted as an idea for A19 or A20. I also remember MM saying about the demolishers explosion damage that it wouldn't be enough for reinforced concrete.
    Last edited by meganoth; 3 Days Ago at 05:21 PM.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Yeah, I was reading too much into your and the OPs reply, sorry. But I already know there is massive destructive power in that zombie. I think I even mentioned it myself in some earlier post.

But my point is this: You don't need a crystal ball to know that that zombie is spelling trouble. But the OP is sure " how quickly they will wreck all your hard work if ..." And sure, if you get 3 of them into your base that surely sounds like it might be the end. But why allow them into your base? Why assume that 20 of them will be spawned. Why assume that you won't run out and try your luck by drawing them out again before trying to explode them.
    I'm not an FPS player. I don't like firearms and I am not good with them.
    I like strategy more and I build my bases for this purpose. I have an emergency exit but I usually don't make the entrances easy accessable. Otherwise the zombies might use this entrance instead of the way through the traps. It will definitely be a tough nut to build a base that includes both the demolisher zombie and the AI in the planning.

MM got 1 or 2 demolishers in his horde night and found a way to deal with them. I don't know if I find a way but I will not give up before even trying it out or ask TFP to tell me how to deal with them. Maybe I need to build a ring of walls, maybe have a drawn out base with multiple points of defense. Maybe have enough movement space on stilts so no two demolishers can hit the same spot.
    I will certainly not give up and probably spend several days developing base designs. I have asked Madmole before and his answer was that I should trigger the explosion.

The base you suggested wouldn't be my style. This is something for someone who likes to defend himself with firearms.

I also wonder how the players will do that, prefer the melee bases.

Wouldn't reinforced concrete after 5000 HP damage downgrade to concrete and still have 2500 HP? So one demolisher is not an automatic breach into whatever is behind there.
    This has been changed to A17. Reinforced concrete block are no longer downgraded to concrete but destroyed.

I think MM doesn't want blocks to downgrade anymore, so if a block says XXX hp, this is what we get, and when it gets destroyed, the block is gone. Can anyone playing A18 confirm, is it in game yet?
    Blocks destroy to air. If any do not do so, that will need to be a bug report as it was an oversight.

Guys, there is too much worry about enemies like Demolishers. Thanks to Conventional Ralston many people who would've had an issue won't have an issue.

Survivor
    In his video the steel pillars downgraded to reinforced concrete before disappearing

Quote Originally Posted by Spiked_Coffee View Post
    In his video the steel pillars downgraded to reinforced concrete before disappearing
    I think I remember him commenting on that to the team. I don't think they'll downgrade to reinforced concrete for long.

The design is that upgrading blocks is a generalized abstracted process of actually tearing down the old block and replacing it with the better block. TFP didn't think it would be very fun to force players to demolish the existing block and then craft and place the new block especially with wanting to upgrade an entire base. So they streamlined the process to remove the demolishing and crafting step. If you want to replace reinforced concrete with steel you upgrade to it but it is a steel block and not steel plating over concrete. (This part might be wrong...)

Therefore, steel downgrading to concrete etc doesn't make sense. It is a steel block and there is no concrete hiding beneath it and there is no abstraction that makes sense of a zombie destroying the block and then replacing it with a weaker version of a block.
    Last edited by Roland; 3 Days Ago at 05:41 PM.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiked_Coffee View Post
    Madmole explained that the steel blocks are steel coated blocks made of reinforced concrete. If the coating is destroyed, the reinforced concrete is visible.

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    Madmole explained that the steel blocks are steel coated blocks made of reinforced concrete. If the coating is destroyed, the reinforced concrete is visible.
    Then that is different or a change from what I heard. Madmole will have to clarify. I was under the impression all blocks will destroy to air. If they want the steel to be siding over the top of concrete....so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I think I remember him commenting on that to the team. I don't think they'll downgrade to reinforced concrete for long.
    not a fan of that, it would be nice if there was a way that if you did the upgrades to the block the expensive way it breaks down from steel like it was wrapped around the reinforced concrete then reinforced concrete broke down to rebar frame then gone. Oh well
    I see zeds sometimes clip through doors again from video. QUESTION: will the pressure plates finally work right? Last time i used them every time a zed stepped on one it killed my FPS. I cant wait to play A18 though, great videos MM

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by JayzenFreeze View Post
    not a fan of that, it would be nice if there was a way that if you did the upgrades to the block the expensive way it breaks down from steel like it was wrapped around the reinforced concrete then reinforced concrete broke down to rebar frame then gone. Oh well
    I see zeds sometimes clip through doors again from video. QUESTION: will the pressure plates finally work right? Last time i used them every time a zed stepped on one it killed my FPS. I cant wait to play A18 though, great videos MM
    yeah the alpha 18 hype is real I also cant wait as well! gonna be really fun to play I think the replayability value looks high wthout me even playing it so I am very excited

Quote Originally Posted by JayzenFreeze View Post
    Well it sounds like I could have it wrong at least in the case of steel. We'll see...I personally like the downgrading path instead of straight to air because it gives time to repair. Destroying instantly to air is a lot more difficult if you are trying to repair as you fight.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Then that is different or a change from what I heard. Madmole will have to clarify. I was under the impression all blocks will destroy to air. If they want the steel to be siding over the top of concrete....so be it.
    You only have to have a look at the blocks.xml file. If a downgrade block is specified in the block description then the block will not be destroyed. For example, for steelBlock the downgrade block is rConcreteBlock.

Tracker
    hey @roland where is your forum pic from? just interested to know

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum123456789 View Post
    hey @roland where is your forum pic from? just interested to know
    You don't recognize the T1000?

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    You don't recognize the T1000?
    t1000? an android or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callum123456789 View Post