0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1386 of 1558 FirstFirst ... 38688612861336137613841385138613871388139614361486 ... LastLast
Results 20,776 to 20,790 of 23357

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by archergod View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0RhxOlW8V0

In new horde night video, I notice that Character is at health of 168, similarly for stamina. I think with perk it increase in fold of 10, so it should be 170 or 160 .. did I miss an update about health?

also, he never get infected?
    You gain a point every level now, no fortitude or agility requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    @madmole

...am I crazy or were you killing them more easily with your ak (or whatever ammo you had in your ak) than your m60? The rad soldiers especially were going down easier with the ak...
    I think I somehow grabbed my ♥♥♥♥ty m60 or something nerfed the damage on it, it was like 80 instead of 119.

Quote Originally Posted by archergod View Post
    That is great. but why he is not getting infected after so many hits ? no buff was visible if he had some antibiotic before etc.
    Infection is reworked again. Here are the release notes:

+Changed: Brand new infection system. Infection is easier to contract when you have low health than high health. 1% is barely infected, at 100% infection you die. Stage 1 lasts one (real time) hour and up to 14% and has no side effects. Stage 2 lasts 3 hours (up to 57%) and is-25% stamina recovery. Stage 3 lasts 3 hours and is -35% stamina recovey and -1 to all attributes. You die if it reaches 100%. Getting may hit increases infection. Take antibiotics to cure infection, such as honey, herbal antibiotics or pharmacy grade antibiotics. Antibiotics lessen stamina recovery penalty by half while curing.

@madmole

...am I crazy or were you killing them more easily with your ak (or whatever ammo you had in your ak) than your m60? The rad soldiers especially were going down easier with the ak...
    I think the AK is the one with the anti rad mod.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Meh, someone will figure out a better way. The solution is genius and right in front of their face, but overlooked yet IMO. I know a guy who invented free energy that is coming to the market. Well its solar, but then uses heat and cold to generate endless energy once its started.
    Yes it is right in front of us. I just started working with the inventor/scientist who developed parallel chips back in the 1990s while I was still in highschool. So it's been around a long time, thing is no one was taught how to use/integrate it with modern serial architecture. Is a missing piece of puzzle, not a replacement. You'll see, it's happening, finally.

Sounds like that guys is making a solar sterling engine, I can imagine that working decently if done right. Neat.

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    You seem to be watching all the videos of JaWoodle to get to know all these places.
    Never watched him once and I know those places....... assumption busted.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSlayerGM View Post
    You would still have voxel POIs which can't have pre baked nav mesh..
    Why not? Just switch once a block breaks, or update its nav mesh, or disable nodes that are blocked, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanimal View Post
    I just watched that, it's actually VERY bitter-sweet... why in the F would they start a new series now?! Right before A18 hits, it's going to suck if they do it in A17 by comparison. Was cringe-level funny listening to them, all of them, complain about the removal of zombie loot, those poor guys have no idea what else they're in for. Of course I will still watch it, I watched the last series twice, in full, and I almost never do that.

Madmole and Roland I imagine you both are aware of the Neebs series, it is one of their most successful, and they get MUCH higher average view numbers per episode than other streamers and youtubers. It was over 1 million for the first episode and hovered between 750k and 300k for the other 50+ episodes. So you should be aware(imagine you are) and supportive, I have met a number of people who got into 7DTD because of their videos.

The series was about a year last time, so hundreds of thousands of people are going to watch it and think that A17, not A18, is what your game is, from this Friday's premiere until around this time next year. Be a shame if it turns out that way, imagine it will affect your sales and reputation if it does. What think you of this?
    I think A17 was the best version up to that point and that people watch Neebs for their group dynamic more than anything. They complained about a lot of stuff and roasted the game all over the place in their A16 series as well.

People see a crew of guys having fun and that’s all that matters. Besides....think about the marketing strategy of all these smart phone games. They show a demo of the game where the player fails and sucks because they know the viewer will think, I can do better than that.

Anyone who watches Neebs 7 Days to Die episodes is most definitely thinking, I can do better than these clowns—while dying laughing of course.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Hah and thats with "advanced bellows and anvils" which reduce smelting and crafting time in half. Yes I want to do an industrial forge in an upcoming build that has like 6 slots to drop ore stacks into, needs electricity and coal, makes less heat map, etc.
    Love that Idea, some like the industrial part of the game a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by OzHawkeye View Post
    Well, it'd be really hard to answer that question without straying into politics, which we can't do.

But yes, I absolutely believe that History should be a compulsory subject in schools, because I look around today and see what appears to me, a lot of history, repeating itself, as the saying goes, first as farce, then as tragedy.

Sorry you had a bad history teacher, to be sure, that won't help, and kids might not (at the time) appreciate it, but democracies die, foremost through apathy, and I tend to see a lot of that nowadays I reckon.
    Well instead of learning about the holocaust, I'd cover it, but spend more time teaching about famous inspirational speakers, inventors, how someone started a business and created 1000's of jobs and transformed a poverty stricken area into a robust community, etc. Inspirational positive history, not tragedy and "what not to do".

Quote Originally Posted by unlike them View Post
    I think MM doesn't want blocks to downgrade anymore, so if a block says XXX hp, this is what we get, and when it gets destroyed, the block is gone. Can anyone playing A18 confirm, is it in game yet?
    In the horde night video MM did on the elevated platform block downgrades are still in. The steel blocks downgraded to concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSlayerGM View Post
    Learning history allows you to be able to think. I'm not talking about day to day think, I'm talking about the big picture. It allows you to understand the present and the context that you live in. It allows you to understand where we came from and in which direction we are going. It allows you to understand people, societies, cultures, change. History gives answers to a ton of important questions: Why do we do things this way? Why do we have these institutions? Why this kind of government? It gives you perspective.

I know, for a lot of people this doesn't matter. Most people live their life as they were told and don't ask questions. They pay taxes, vote, go to church, because they were told so, but they never truly understand why. Studying history gives you the chance to understand this.

Of course I would change they way that history is taught in schools, at least in my country. Knowing all the names of all the monarchs of europe of 1000 years is useless..

Also I agree that the other useful skills that you mentioned should be taught in schools too.
    Yeah that is why American history was way better to me than World history.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankieworldonline View Post
    I thought the kickstarter was very successful for you as you got more then double then the goal. It's reported TFP deleted their contact details as they got bombarded with emails etc. Which complicated things with Tripwire Interactive whom had to do a takedown and thought that was the reason TFP lost sales for over a week.
    Have to ask, it's been 5 years after the estimated delivery that will the "5x5 grid Crafting System" be included as listed on the kickstarter? I noticed it was in game then was taken out.
    You must be trolling. Actually we did make a 5x5 then removed it, so KS goal was completed, then we opted for list crafting because its superior.

Colony Founder
    Do people periodically forget the dev tracker?
    Nope, its just not worth all of the tracking it does. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    It feels like its not in balance yet. Make more bullets but reduce the damage per bullet isn't a good idea IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

TFP thought it was a clunky way of doing things and I have to agree. What is gained by having it?
    Pretty sure my M60 was doing nearly half damage, I need to look into it, they went down like flies in the earlier videos. We just got "non repeating POIS" and "bigger towns" so I think its farewell to my favorite character of all time and I'm probably starting a new game with intellect or perception, depending on what I run into right away.