0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1394 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 39489412941344138413921393139413951396140414441494 ... LastLast
Results 20,896 to 20,910 of 22469

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    @madmole In A17.4, in 8k worlds, towns always spawn in the following locations. (Marked by the X's.) I can't remember if I've already asked you this (forgive me if I have, my memory is a little foggy today), but I'm just curious... Will town spawns follow a similar pattern-based system in A18, or will they be randomly placed through RWG maps?

No biomes don't look like that, there are exactly 5 biomes not 5 split into 25 little ones. Take a look at some of the aerial shots I posted on my twitter.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    No biomes don't look like that, there are exactly 5 biomes not 5 split into 25 little ones. Take a look at some of the aerial shots I posted on my twitter.
    Ahh, I see. Looking gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    this will be an interesting watch, happy about the rwg, I wanna see the perc build, see how the weapons progress and deal with hordes
    I rage quit and started a new character on the same map. Not sure why the 2nd one went just as bad lol, although I did spawn in the forest instead of the desert. So I died 3 times on day 1, then quit, restarted a new character and died 3x by day 3. I've got an AK and pistol now, doing fine, but getting attacked by wolves is just nasty early game. I want to remove all nasty things from biome spawing in a future alpha, and then do random encounters, which are leveled. Of course nasty biomes would have a raised game stage on these encounters but we could spare new players any hostile animals the first 5 levels or so and slowly add in nasty stuff, and increase the challenge as you level.

Quote Originally Posted by falloutcloud View Post
    Here's to hoping that Perception build gets some love. I have a feeling that will be my first build
    I already have some changes. Like letting them craft lockpicks with rank 1 of lockpicking. The book can do something else.

MadMole, I would like to see you do an Intel build.

1. you professed you are not so good with traps, and it could help see how to improve it for others. but, more importantly

2. all other builds have weapons assigned except Intel. that is just from the glimpse of the trees you previously showed us
    Intellect governs junk turrets and stun batons. I might make this guy a combo character. INtellect/Perception but it depends if I get shut out of workstations again or not.

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    But I thought that the timing would hold consistent with the title of the game?
    It does. 7 hours is 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by EggsAisle View Post
    Does A18 have a new rifle for perception players? We've got the Hunting Rifle and Marksman Rifle, but nothing for Tier 3.
    There are only 2 tiers for firearms. 3 for melee. Kinda 3 for shotguns if you consider blunderbuss.

Quote Originally Posted by falloutcloud View Post
    Stage 1 is 1 hour. Stage 2 is 3 hours. Stage 3 is 3 hours. Thatís 7 hours or 7 in game days if youíre on default
    Right but we're talking to the new captain obvious.

Zombie Hunter
    I rage quit and started a new character on the same map. Not sure why the 2nd one went just as bad lol, although I did spawn in the forest instead of the desert. So I died 3 times on day 1, then quit, restarted a new character and died 3x by day 3. I've got an AK and pistol now, doing fine, but getting attacked by wolves is just nasty early game. I want to remove all nasty things from biome spawing in a future alpha, and then do random encounters, which are leveled. Of course nasty biomes would have a raised game stage on these encounters but we could spare new players any hostile animals the first 5 levels or so and slowly add in nasty stuff, and increase the challenge as you level.
    So instead of seeing a random wolf prowling the forest biome on day 1, the game would instead decide to spawn a pack of wolves on the player once the appropriate level (player level? gamestage?) has been reached? If this one example is accurate in any way, then this possible future feature will be quite interesting. ^^

yeah, try a stun baton on horde night, and you cant aim and use a junk turret very well for horde night either
    Shooting junk turrets is a last resort IMO, you deploy them and let them shoot everything for you. Considering they stun everything they shoot you can stun baton dudes while they are getting up, save ammo and then by horde night use all the 762 ammo you find for a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by KenGross View Post
    Is it a sterling engine running a generator?
    I don't know all the details yet, but it sounds pretty revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I wonder how many junk turrets you can have active with perks. Horde night you could set up an army of Qberts.
    I think two but maybe we need to up it, and maybe up the ammo it holds no way would the small magazine keep up for long unless we do some alternate ammo or something more powerful.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Not a fan of this... As you get better and capable of dealing with hostile animals on day 1 you're going to regret that change... ♥♥♥♥ happens. Sometimes wolves happen... But they are avoidable and defeatable, so changing how they come in to the world based on *your* playthrough isn't a good representation of everyone else's playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    So instead of seeing a random wolf prowling the forest biome on day 1, the game would instead decide to spawn a pack of wolves on the player once the appropriate level (player level? gamestage?) has been reached? If this one example is accurate in any way, then this possible future feature will be quite interesting. ^^
    would be interesting, but not on day 1, some people play dead is dead, while others do not, but in previous alphas, we used to get a wold spawned on us within 2 minutes of spawn. many rage quits there because no one had anything to fend them off with so early. let players get a little something before then else why bother playing if it is an endless deathloop from wolves or coyotes at the very beginning.

MM has already had a taste of this so it may be altered.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I don't know all the details yet, but it sounds pretty revolutionary.
    I'm curious how he defeated the laws of physics and thermodynamics.