0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1046 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 46546946996103610441045104610471048105610961146 ... LastLast
Results 15,676 to 15,690 of 22470

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Same as before, every 3 days, you can see the restock day at the trader menu.
    Can you make it an option, or tie it to the airdrop rate? Or synchronize it with the loot respawn timer?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    It is not like each of us knows every part of the game. I didn't know that either, but I don't like traders and rarely visit them. A18 might make it more of a necessity to get rare but wanted stuff, but I'd rather sneak in at night and steal it.
    I assumed he knew, because he has been constantly testing Alpha's. But i guess not, no matter.

What I don't understand is the last part of your statement. Are you talking about breaking into the traders stash and stealing that? At night you can't even get close to it without being teleported away from the trader.

The trader will kick you out of his/her place ten minutes before night and won't open up till morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    Wait! I left some of my stuff down there!
    Oh Crap..
    RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Could just have an NPC with a sleeping bag. He says "if I had a bunch of wood and stone I bet I could set up a trading post". You collect 10000 wood/stone and give it to him. Come back next day and he has a mansion built. "Thanks man for the help"! You get a whole 1% discount.
    See, thats why there is this thing we say - *In Pimps we trust*, because you guys know how to make it better and..well it will be. Hope this sort of stuff goes in, in some way or another.
    Thanks for sharing so much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmad03 View Post
    What’s the mf bug counter up or down to for today?
    The last 10% take 90% of the work.
    That's usually a reasonable estimate.

I knocked out about 50 in a week but for most of those the work took much less time than the testing and paperwork because every bug needs to be tracked.
    A bug is not fixed if a developer says so. It is fixed if QA says so. No exceptions.

Long story short: The number does not mean what players may think it means. =P

A18 is the most solid patch release in TFP history but if you think it will be bug-free then you need to share what you are smoking.
    Last edited by Gazz; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beerfly View Post
    Oh Crap..
    RUN!
    Damnit, my stamina is still recharging!

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    Damnit, my stamina is still recharging!
    Sorry about that

thats what he gets for not speccing right... that heavy machine gun you lugging around wont help either because you shot all ammo out.

hi there. im new here and my english sucks. so pls dont flame me for that. thank you

i realy like this game so far (my start was with a17 release)
    there is only one thing i will miss in a18
    to craft q6 items. i can understand why this decision was made, but still.
    maybe u can use any of this ideas for a18.x or for a19
    kumquat sayd in one of his streams, i can tell ideas and something in this forum. so i give it a try

my first idea was: make a buff which u get after bloodmoon horde without a death. this buff give you +1 crafting tier for your next craftet item. if you craft one, you lose the buff immediately and u dont get the buff back if you stop the craftingprocess

the second idea is: for your first readed schematic u get +1 craftingtier or unlock the item, for the first perk too. so you can craft with all perks and the schematic q6 items

the third idea i had is my favourite one: bring back the magazines. every magazine can give you a +1 craftingtier buff for a specific weapon, tool or armor. same as the bloodmoon one, it last only for one craftingprocess and disappears. so u have another way to get q6 items. but you need luck too. if you want one selfmade ak, you need the maxed out perk and the ak magazine. and for a self made q6 steel pickaxe u need the steel pickaxe magazine and the perks too.

with the random stats of found items and the scaling crafting costs it should not be overpowered. there will be always better ones out there. and make the magazines buy for 5k or more without perks, or/and very rare find in loot. (find in trash would be awesome)
    then you can sell it for a good amount if you don't need it, but can use it for your self too if you want.

thats it, first post done. i hope it's understandable ^^

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    thats what he gets for not speccing right... that heavy machine gun you lugging around wont help either because you shot all ammo out.
    the only guns he's carrying around with him are those rock hard biceps muscles.
    If he ever needed a weapon he'd just pick up a rock...

and craft it into a sharp stone! :P

Colony Founder
    Yes if you play too much 7 Days creeps into reality a bit, like a trash bag on someone's curb as you drive by has you wondering what loot is in there, then you realize its just trash.
    Sounds like somebody's been playing a little too much.
    Last edited by sillls; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:24 PM.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    The last 10% take 90% of the work.
    That's usually a reasonable estimate.

I knocked out about 50 in a week but for most of those the work took much less time than the testing and paperwork because every bug needs to be tracked.
    A bug is not fixed if a developer says so. It is fixed if QA says so. No exceptions.

Long story short: The number does not mean what players may think it means. =P

A18 is the most solid patch release in TFP history but if you think it will be bug-free then you need to share what you are smoking.
    As a former QA Lead in the gaming industry, it's refreshing for me to hear this sentiment from a dev. A lot of devs paid lip-service to it, but would shut you down with prejudice the second the philosophy became inconvenient for them. You say it like you actually mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by GGNecronWP View Post
    hi there. im new here and my english sucks. so pls dont flame me for that. thank you

i realy like this game so far (my start was with a17 release)
    there is only one thing i will miss in a18
    to craft q6 items. i can understand why this decision was made, but still.
    maybe u can use any of this ideas for a18.x or for a19
    kumquat sayd in one of his streams, i can tell ideas and something in this forum. so i give it a try

my first idea was: make a buff which u get after bloodmoon horde without a death. this buff give you +1 crafting tier for your next craftet item. if you craft one, you lose the buff immediately and u dont get the buff back if you stop the craftingprocess

the second idea is: for your first readed schematic u get +1 craftingtier or unlock the item, for the first perk too. so you can craft with all perks and the schematic q6 items

the third idea i had is my favourite one: bring back the magazines. every magazine can give you a +1 craftingtier buff for a specific weapon, tool or armor. same as the bloodmoon one, it last only for one craftingprocess and disappears. so u have another way to get q6 items. but you need luck too. if you want one selfmade ak, you need the maxed out perk and the ak magazine. and for a self made q6 steel pickaxe u need the steel pickaxe magazine and the perks too.

with the random stats of found items and the scaling crafting costs it should not be overpowered. there will be always better ones out there. and make the magazines buy for 5k or more without perks, or/and very rare find in loot. (find in trash would be awesome)
    then you can sell it for a good amount if you don't need it, but can use it for your self too if you want.

thats it, first post done. i hope it's understandable ^^
    Welcome to the forums! I like your ideas. A one time bonus for the very next item you craft that will make it +1 tier above what you can currently craft so that sometimes you can craft purple quality items and that bonus comes by way of a reward for surviving horde night, and/or reading extra schematics you've already read, and/or using the A17 magazines. If Madmole doesn't go for it maybe someone could mod that in because it does sound cool.

Watching the A18 TFP playtest - looks like the per zombie XP was lowered?

Yes if you play too much 7 Days creeps into reality a bit, like a trash bag on someone's curb as you drive by has you wondering what loot is in there, then you realize its just trash.
    Before or after you opened it up and then beat up her dog?