0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1047 of 1558 FirstFirst ... 475479479971037104510461047104810491057109711471547 ... LastLast
Results 15,691 to 15,705 of 23357

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    I assumed he knew, because he has been constantly testing Alpha's. But i guess not, no matter.

What I don't understand is the last part of your statement. Are you talking about breaking into the traders stash and stealing that? At night you can't even get close to it without being teleported away from the trader.

The trader will kick you out of his/her place ten minutes before night and won't open up till morning.
    I was talking theoretically. Like I'd rather use traders, by sneaking in and stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I was talking theoretically. Like I'd rather use traders, by sneaking in and stealing.
    People understand "theoretically" like they understand "tentatively" when the words issue forth from a dev's keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eromivus View Post
    As a former QA Lead in the gaming industry, it's refreshing for me to hear this sentiment from a dev. A lot of devs paid lip-service to it, but would shut you down with prejudice the second the philosophy became inconvenient for them. You say it like you actually mean it.
    We have the best testers I've ever worked with. They get the job done. Every task/bug I do gets put in the bug pool, so someone can check it.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Sounds like me; I'm anti magical trader protection (hate lcb's too, suck it up)... If someone kills him then so be it. Their reputation drops and other trader's shoot on sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Sounds like me; I'm anti magical trader protection (hate lcb's too, suck it up)... If someone kills him then so be it. Their reputation drops and other trader's shoot on sight.
    So trader gets killed and players can go raise a fund to bring back a trader like 10K dukes.

+1. I'd love a native option for removing trader protection. It is a lot of fun without it and even if the dude gets killed another "relative" could spawn in a couple days later to take over. There are some potentially great quests that could be done at the trader compounds without the protection getting in the way as well.

With higher prices and more security.

- - - Updated - - -

...we need a good solid reputation system in game... If I was any good at cvars *cough*khaine*cough* I'd do it.

We have the best testers I've ever worked with. They get the job done. Every task/bug I do gets put in the bug pool, so someone can check it.
    Awww shucks! That's man!

@fataal
    Has there been any experimentation done on tweaking the amount zombies prioritize certain material types/shapes? The only block I know that doesn't have an AI-cost proportional to it's durability is doors.
    It's been brought up that the explanation for the zombie X-Ray pathing is the amount of heat and smell that leaks through, but does the team actually plan to use that principle to inform the design on the AI-block prioritization(like more drafty materials get a lower AI-cost multiplier)?

Captain Obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    I assumed he knew, because he has been constantly testing Alpha's. But i guess not, no matter.

What I don't understand is the last part of your statement. Are you talking about breaking into the traders stash and stealing that? At night you can't even get close to it without being teleported away from the trader.

The trader will kick you out of his/her place ten minutes before night and won't open up till morning.
    I believe he knows all that, but that he personally as a player would enjoy traders being vulnerable to thieving and, by extension, to being destroyed.

I remember madmole saying that the desired design goal of the trader posts is to be relatively safe but destroyable, with settlements with pay-to-be-protected kind of stuff.

When wandering traders are in, we shall hope and trust them to be wreckable. 😁

Edit: answered by faatal already lul.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Welcome to the forums! I like your ideas. A one time bonus for the very next item you craft that will make it +1 tier above what you can currently craft so that sometimes you can craft purple quality items and that bonus comes by way of a reward for surviving horde night, and/or reading extra schematics you've already read, and/or using the A17 magazines. If Madmole doesn't go for it maybe someone could mod that in because it does sound cool.
    thank you

hey thats right. if you get the one time bonus from the schematics after you unlock the recipe, there is no need for magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Before or after you opened it up and then beat up her dog?
    Your daughter kicked my dog and now it needs operation.

Refugee
    So, this is my first post here... Love the game! We have a dedicated server running with 5 of us that play local lan almost every weekend...!
    (From ages 11 to 69!)
    We each have a role in the game and it absolutely makes a huge difference in the outcome!
    We always enjoy the progression and each time we start over it is never the same! Love that about this!
    We are eagerly awaiting A18 and are really looking forward to the changes!
    A couple of ideas we have for either A18 or in the future...
    1) For the Gyro copter... (I apologize if this has been mentioned before) Could you add in a hotkey where it allows "autorun"? We do questing together and having to hold down "w" for 10 minutes at a time can get... Crampy! A couple of us have gaming mice to "fix" this, but we give a bunch of crap to them for having this luxury!
    2) For the Gyro copter... If you were to add in the auto run or even not, could you make it so you can view your map/inventory/char. without losing momentum?
    3) Maybe add in a mod/skill to upgrade the 4x4 to hold 4 players..? Again just thinking out loud...

Really looking forward to A18! Have been watching the Y/T vids and the forums for any update info... Keep up the great work!

So... First post here, long term lurker...

Love the game, the devs are cool and even the moderators don't suck.

I'm glad the game is pulling away from levelled xyz, but I'd like to see more biome based threats.

So... First post here, long term lurker...
    Sure, Mr. 21,289 posts.