0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1147 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 14764710471097113711451146114711481149115711971247 ... LastLast
Results 17,191 to 17,205 of 22469

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Colony Founder
    Not sure if this was answered before so I'm asking.
    Will this game have the M-16 or M-4 in it?

Because I see the army and they use the M-16 a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    In A18 we do have "killall alive" which also kills non aggressive animals. It also kills vehicles, but I just changed it so it ignores vehicles.
    Good to hear Now no need for me to figure out how to mod that type of command in.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Speaking of legs, knocked out 375x10 today. 400 in a few weeks
    Nice. I have these pathetic little chicken legs, remind me never to be caught wearing shorts around you lol. I really need to hit up the gym again.
    *walks away sits down and places face in hands out of shame*
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agrastiOs View Post
    Madmole,

How many MF's are in currently? I know there's probably more MF's now and they don't really represent how much until A18e, but it's still nice to hear these numbers.

I'm down to 9 currently. I've been getting them at about the same rate I fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidrgna View Post
    It is in part randomness, but also the way the animal spawning has been setup (not sure if changes are made to the xml setup in A18 though so going by what has been the norm for 2 alphas). Animals have a dummy spawn on their list, a hack that Gazz borrowed from me to thin down animal spawns. It works great if you would use a daily respawn (the way I use it). But since tfp is using a 4 day respawn system it does not work as great because each dummy spawn means the animal died, so no spawn for the rest of the 4 days. So far that is exactly what you would want, but here comes the thing: The animals the player does not kill but run of to far are despawned, put back into the pool and respawned again somewhere with a new random roll. Guess what, some spawn as dummies and die. This repeats over day 1 for while until either you killed of animals or the system did. Usually by mid day most animals in your region are dead.

If you keep exploring a lot, uncovering new chunks you will find animals there, if you stick around to the same spot you will likely not see much animals (easy to not see those rabbits, chicken or snakes).

The problem is in how biome spawners work and offer no granularity and the way entities are spawned from the list (the list offers no option for nothing, unlike Loot for example). Still hoping this system gets this option to not spawn something and to set a count per spawner rather than 1 that actually spawns a lot more than the number you used.
    Interesting. I tend to not travel much. Usually pick a town, make a base on a roof and start looting smaller buildings, spreading out from around my base. Respawning an animal into a dummy does sound like a problem and hurts my play style, since I would be loosing animals over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    After reading this discussion my preference comes down on the side of spreading the loot out around the POI rather than tracking what players do in order to change the final loot reward that is still in one special location. Let people beeline to the roof with their nerdpole and get whatever's up there but it will only be part of the reward.

Also make it be that the "boss" zombies can spawn randomly anywhere in the poi. Then you will encounter the tough guys at some point if you continue to explore and you only get everything if you explore everywhere.
    Spreading the loot around sounds good, but if the roof has anything special then you want to keep the "Boss" up there too. Maybe the "wandering" boss is more realistic and exciting for those who do clear a POI out of loot, but the min-maxer in me is laughing (do I have to play the Doctor Evil clip again? )

If I don't role-play, I hit only the roofs of most POI's as it is. Not getting every last scrap from a POI doesn't interest me.
    If I role-play some kind of salvage hunter, who is trying to making his fortune in dukes, then its a different story.
    Last edited by Aldranon; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:59 AM. Reason: spelling

But twitter says you 1%'rs are ruining the game for the main streamers.
    Maybe using Twitter as a source, for anything, is not a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Ireland. Galway at the moment, Blarney castle tomorrow. These old people on the tour are adjusting to my sense of humor.

Ordered a Galway hooker (beer), was telling them how juicy it was
    Ow lol man..
    So you are being a perv in a different country now? Next do Holland.. I'll buy you a beer!

- - - Updated - - -

Beer is a good universal stamina improver.
    That's obviously the reason why I consume so much of it, I'm in excellent shape
    I mean.. A circle is also a shape..

I'll add 10 more if you keep it up!

No just the tier 4's and 5's. We want to do some infiltration quests for sneaky types where you cannot be seen or you fail the quest, so you have to sneak through the whole thing, maybe disable power to turrets, shoot out some lights with a silenced weapon, etc.
    Hey MM, how about trying to make the new POIs a little more maze-like and less linear?

They are very good already. However at the moment it feels a lot like a strict linear path, with no choices. Also the lights for me break the immersion.

I never find myself breaking a closed door. Why would I? I can just easily follow the lights. Do I want to skip the zombies? I just nerdpole to the roof.. or dig into the basement. But the gameplay inside has no choices.

I would add forks in the path, spread the lights not to indicate the way. Perhaps have more than one way to the end. Maybe have 2 loot rooms, maybe have 0. Also the traps you mentioned would be great.

Have animals been made immune to Cactus yet? nothing worse then losing rabbits and hearing them die as they run from you in the desert...Didn't really go thru to much desert in my A17 playthrough...If they haven't , animals should definitely not be killed by the local plant life!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    I think most people want New York City to be the next 7D2D.

-Skyscrapers, Sewers and Subways, oh my!
    -Zipline from one skyscraper to another.

Your character, copied from 7D2D part 1 (you'll need it), starts out on the New Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel. There's a small, slowly growing settlement, set up at the park near the tunnel opening. They say someone or something has blocked the tunnel. Clear the tunnel and reach their scouts in the Hell's Kitchen Borrow.

New York is mostly overrun with zombies, rumors abound about the JFK airport and everyone says don't go underground if you want to live!

Or something.
    I'd prefer Louisiana so we can get a nice swamp biome, and zombie alligators.

Please tell me what version of the engine will use A18?

Inventor
    Just a thought on the really large POIs. Anyway that they could hold their state until X was opened/completed?

Couple reasons. If it were possible to partially complete a large POI and then come back later to finish it they could maybe be even bigger.

And it could basically prevent 'cheesing' the loot.

Would likely need to be combined with one of the mechanics discussed above that could track 'progress', and also allow Stealth players to do their thing without forcing them to kill em all.

I would dearly love to see some really huge POIs. Ones that might take a stealth player a week to fully run.

Just a wag on my part but huge POIs came to mind when occlusion started being discussed. And another wag makes me think the state data for 'not completed yet' POIs might be managable if it wasn't every POI.

Say a new massive POI like an international airport were added. There could be a bunch of individual POIs as part of the 'complex', like hangers and parking garages. Those could use current system; reset if player/s leave for 15 seconds. But maybe Terminal 1 & 2 are each larger than the current skyscrapers; those could be a bunch of sections/areas that would maintain state until the entire terminal was completed.

Edit: on the cheesing bit. Personally it's no skin off my nose if peeps nerdpole up to the roof loot, but SP only here. For other game types I can see how having it too easy to cheese is a bad idea, but it's also basically impossible to prevent all abuse. Adding a 'positive' to any new anti-cheese mechanic seems like a pretty good idea... the positive being that you could back off if needed, or if you're getting in over your head, without losing all your progress.
    Last edited by FileMachete; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:52 AM.

How so?
    Being up the sequel lol. 7 Days to Die 2 HYPE!

Maybe call is 14 days to die lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    Being up the sequel lol. 7 Days to Die 2 HYPE!

Maybe call is 14 days to die lol
    28 Alphas later. :-)