0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1277 of 1558 FirstFirst ... 27777711771227126712751276127712781279128713271377 ... LastLast
Results 19,141 to 19,155 of 23357

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Exactly! Now you get it. Intelligent design.
    Like I said, who says that electric fences might trigger the demolisher's explosives? Maybe only projectiles do?

Why not just lure the demolisher away from your base and set him off somewhere off yonder? You'll be able to outrun all the zombies anyway. Just saying.

Going to play devils advocate here. I would like to see another horde night like you had last time with the damage the demolishers do set to what you think they should be *(Just saw faatals post below where he says it is gone from 200 to 5000)*. You did say they didn't do enough damage. With damage increased and if you get a similar amount of them as you did before I dont think there would have been much left to the area of the base you were fighting in. I would guess you would have lost a lot of your work area and the crates that were in it. I really do want to see what we will be up against when we reach the gamestage to get that many of them.
    Last edited by Gamida; 1 Week Ago at 03:27 AM.

"How are these guys getting through my back door!"

...lube confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

My only wish is that demolishers destroyed blocks with their explosions and not entities. Reverse it. People care more about their ♥♥♥♥ than their health. It'd be more awesome.

So which part did you consider the bow drop moment? The gyro loss? (That was funny)
    Per Joel's request, demo explosion block damage has been increased from 200 to 5000.
    The detonation time delay has been reduced from 5 to 2 seconds, which is still long enough to do a melee hit and run away without dying.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Per Joel's request, demo explosion block damage has been increased from 200 to 5000.
    The detonation time delay has been reduced from 5 to 2 seconds, which is still long enough to do a melee hit and run away without dying.
    Perfect! What else can trigger him?

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Looks very good. I think their games are geared for an amazing short (30 hours?) experience, but after you beat it I doubt there is any replay ability right away.
    They actually have a lot to content...I think the first game took us over 120 to complete, but they also generate random quests after that, I think.

Thing is unlike 7 days, it's a prebuild world that gets repetitive after that long.

But they do have some amazingly fun gameplay mechanics that would fit into 7days, which is why I mentioned it.

Btw, loved the 84 video! It's already been mentioned and increasing block damage on the demolisher is a better way to go, I think. He just didn't have the destruction capability to make him a bigger threat.

A concern at this point is the sheer amount of ammo needed...and it looks like the only viable option at that point is the bigger guns that do heavy damage.

I would like to see more block damage from grenades though (easy to change in the xml) and I like you are considering the trajectory arc as a learned skill.

Looking forward to your next horde night, and seeing if you have improved base defenses, and enough ammo.

Reconstructionist
    Do you know if traps also trigger the demolisher's explosives, if hit in the "sweet spot"? (Dart traps, turrets, electric fences, blade traps, etc.)

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    It would be interesting if special screamer zombie types were added for later gamestage horde nights that summoned yet another special type of zombie(s) if not dealt with. Or at least, imo. Thoughts?

Joel or the demolisher?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    Joel or the demolisher?
    We already know what triggers Joel:
    LBD, release date requests, mocking the quest markers, and complaints about water... and milk

We already know what triggers Joel:
    LBD, release date requests, mocking the quest markers, and complaints about water... and milk
    There is also BowGate, GyroDartGate, 1BlockIngressGate, and also ChildZedGate....😅

Quote Originally Posted by jdm311 View Post
    Does it not make sense to be depleting durability of building tools as you use them? I'm ok with it as is, but just curious.
    It still has durability and needs repaired, it just has no quality. Similar to a torch.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrook1028 View Post
    So what's the point of the Demolisher if you're now going to make him just a different skin of the Cop? Having one be a block threat and the other an entity threat seems better to me.
    He doesn't have a ranged attack and is a tank to kill without the detonator, and he does 5x the block damage a cop does with melee, and has a mini nuclear explosion, so quite a bit of difference. He's faster too. We're still trying stuff out. Maybe he'll just be a suicide bomber that blows when he gets close and no melee at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Louden View Post
    My biggest issue with the game is the non-horde zombies are boring and not a concern (have over 4k hours in the game).

How about a glass cannon type of zombie that can be thrown into the mix. Noisy, faster moving, half-human that goes down quick but god help you if he connects.

Kinda like ferals but higher damage but lower HP, make exploring the wilderness more tense.
    That could be interesting.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    ...and PVP players don't think y'all add stuff for them...

Yeh we read what you have to say, but like to argue with each other anyway. =)
    Its a real pain in the ass trying to just answer questions when I have to sift through pages of debates.