0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1299 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 29979911991249128912971298129913001301130913491399 ... LastLast
Results 19,471 to 19,485 of 22469

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    I drink it like a man. In a jar. With the lid still on.
    What, you dont drink it straight from the utter? I thought that was how real men do it. 😅
    Last edited by Laz Man; 1 Week Ago at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Big. These settings are similar to the cop. What's stompspikes?
    Immunity to spikes. They go through them like matchsticks.

#nextgate

Zombie Hunter
    Welp, I was going to do a Fetch quest at the Shotgun Messiah Factory. Turns out, the Satchel was ten steps into the place. XD

Edit: Easiest quest ever. I completed it in under 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    41. I predict streamer weekend on the 20th.
    If this comes true, 1st thing I do is go out and buy a lottery ticket...😅

Quote Originally Posted by FA_Q2 View Post
    Hen MM,
    I don't see any mention of AI changes on the first post and have not seen any discussion on it. Has there been any significant changes in zed pathing and behavior in 18?
    There are many little changes, but the major ones that come to mind are the zombie speed boost randomly when taking damage, sleeper volume trigger improvements and player breadcrumbs that AI now use to follow.

That just doesn't add up. If you have to go to a dangerous place to find the rare thing that lets you craft better, you might as well just find the nice ____ and be done with it.

I'm open to grandpa's crafting elixer that randomizes player crafting stats while your on it, so you might craft a dud or a nice one.
    I should have finished my thought. It could look like a perk that once had, the player could craft a special part that when used provides a chance to "crit" when crafting an item.

However, the Grandpa's elixir route makes more sense for 7 Days and has the same function. I wasn't exactly sure how "gamey" (not intended as a negative) your vision for crafting allowed. It sounds like an enjoyable addition for crafting while leaving room for the best stuff (like the legendaries) to be found only through looting.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    There are many little changes, but the major ones that come to mind are the zombie speed boost randomly when taking damage, sleeper volume trigger improvements and player breadcrumbs that AI now use to follow.
    Breadcrumbs? They're in? Any more details on how it works?

OMG! Well paint me green and call me Kermit!

I was just about to turn my back on an INT build... until MM said something and then I started thinking...
    I'll have to play the game to get the details and the play style would be completely different than any other...

BUT there is something powerful there. I don't want to spoil it if I'm right.

Refugee
    Hadn't seen that.
    I'll try it in my game and see if I can make a video.

Thanks MM, hope TFP working smoothly on A18, can't wait for the update

Looking forward on your new looting system, must beat the late-game experience in A17.

Quote Originally Posted by Orsey View Post
    ММ, have you thought about making air drops more useful and unique?

Here are some ideas:
    - super loot, which can only be in an air drop and which cannot be created (super antibiotics or unique enhancing drinks, unique schemes or books, special super cartridges or grenades ...)
    - limited time until the box with loot disappears (did not manage to pick up during the day, the box self-destructs)
    - maybe the plane drops different boxes with different markings, which need to be opened for a long time, like safes (fortified military boxes with ammunition, fortified medical boxes, fortified box with tools and diagrams, and so on)
    - the danger of getting an air drop: zombies, wolves, zombie dogs, zombie bears or bandits at the place where the box falls, which constantly arrive at the point until you pick up the loot, and you have to fight back and try to destroy the box and so on ...
    We already changed it out so they have a chance to drop every major loot group in the game instead of mainly useless food and semi useless drugs.

On the list for someday is to make npcs/zeds attracted to them so its not just free amazing loot. It works fine for pvp but for sp coop there needs to be bandits/zeds attracted to the drops.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Madmole, who is hotter?

Arianny Celeste or Brittany Palmer?
    I think I'd go with Arianny.

Quote Originally Posted by DarlingCows View Post
    Madmole are the random stats independent of each other? ie high gun damage doesn’t affect the accuracy? Like no teeter totter stats?
    100% random, so you might find a high damage weapon but it has a small mag, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRanger View Post
    MM or anyone who knows: Is there a file/screenshot of all the overhauled perks that we can use to decide early what play through we would be interested in. I know there is a video where you covered them, but I would like to look at them in detail. Thanks.
    The video would clearly be the best way, as you can pause it and read the descriptions of each rank when I moused over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti2xGr View Post
    Great minds think alike...

I feel like I just found the car keys only to find out you had the master set. I'll keep pondering. At some point, I hope to be able to help contribute to your game just to show thanks for all the hard work you've already put in. I'll keep trying.
    No worries, keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    I just noticed in the day 88 horde video that there is a gear icon beside each piece of gear that I presume contains mods in it. I was just going to request that very feature for a future release (it's so annoying selling your own gear by mistake), but it seems it has already been covered. Good change.
    Yes, you'll notice my pink goggles in the video, these I dyed pink so I know they are "the good ones". The modded gear icon is a great addition.