View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

    0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

    0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

    0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

    0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

    0 0%
Page 1300 of 1558 FirstFirst ... 30080012001250129012981299130013011302131013501400 ... LastLast
Results 19,486 to 19,500 of 23357

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

  1. #19486
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeirot View Post
    I generally hate writing them but I like this game a lot. No, More loot the better especially if it is a material you can't craft. As for A18 I don't want to come off as I hated everything I have seen. I stand by my statements about A16 but yes it had A ton of jank and needed to be changed. All things being said I can't wait for A18.
    Good deal, I'm sure you will enjoy it the looting never ends, or at least has a long long lifespan now.

  2. #19487
    Fun Pimps Staff faatal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,879
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by CannedSmeef View Post
    Breadcrumbs? They're in? Any more details on how it works?
    It is just a circular array (32 entries) of player positions updated every 1m the player moves. Zombies when they hear you, pick a random value from the current breadcrumb location up to AINoiseSeekDist back in the array and investigate that position.

    The typical zombie uses:
    <property name="AINoiseSeekDist" value="8"/>

  3. #19488
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Iím curious what kind of craters would result from changing the .1 to a 1.1 for Explosion.DamageBonus.Earth....
    5 meters. I never liked the swiss cheese of alpha 11 ish zombies that burrowed under your fort, and imagine using explosives that tore teh ground up the whole world would be compromised.

  4. #19489
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Big. These settings are similar to the cop. What's stompspikes?
    I think it means spikes don't slow him down, he just flattens that crap like a freight train.

  5. #19490
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    It is just a circular array (32 entries) of player positions updated every 1m the player moves. Zombies when they hear you, pick a random value from the current breadcrumb location up to AINoiseSeekDist back in the array and investigate that position.

    The typical zombie uses:
    <property name="AINoiseSeekDist" value="8"/>
    Now now, a chef never reveals his secrets.

  6. #19491
    Colony Founder RestInPieces's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,749
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Some things we will try but not committed to are:

    Head and eye tracking
    [...]
    Awesome - I think head/eye tracking and a couple of animations, like some minor stumbling/losing balance, to make their (already great) walking animation less monotonous, will improve the zombie experience dramatically. Here's to hoping that you manage/decide to implement them.

  7. #19492
    Colony Founder wolfbain5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    pimple on the ass end of texas
    Posts
    2,311
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    We already changed it out so they have a chance to drop every major loot group in the game instead of mainly useless food and semi useless drugs.

    On the list for someday is to make npcs/zeds attracted to them so its not just free amazing loot. It works fine for pvp but for sp coop there needs to be bandits/zeds attracted to the drops.
    in the darkness falls mod, cars have alarms which attracts zeds. could put a beacon on it similar to that. the sound lets people know when they are close through the trees or rainy days, and the zeds are attracted to noise as well so...

  8. #19493
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    22,007
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Now now, a chef never reveals his secrets.
    No more than 3 people understood him, it'll be okay.

    /Not one of them

  9. #19494
    Navezgane's Perv SnowDog1942's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,642
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I think I'd go with Arianny.
    YES! me to. I won the bet with my coop partner!

  10. #19495
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Devs stopped breaking save games daily so I can. I have to say I love the late game, I used to just have them mastered by day 28 or 35 and quit, now I'm building a new horde base just to see what happens
    Having you playing Lategame ( or the game at all for longer time) is the best thing players can have.
    Now the View of Point of a Developer and the one of a Player meet and thats good for all of us

    Im glad youre doing that & visiting the Forum frequently. Last Horde Video was awesome and intense. Nobody needs to watch Horror Movies anymore^^

  11. #19496

  12. #19497
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    in the darkness falls mod, cars have alarms which attracts zeds. could put a beacon on it similar to that. the sound lets people know when they are close through the trees or rainy days, and the zeds are attracted to noise as well so...
    Yeah that would be a nice way to summon a mini horde we always thought.

  13. #19498
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    Having you playing Lategame ( or the game at all for longer time) is the best thing players can have.
    Now the View of Point of a Developer and the one of a Player meet and thats good for all of us

    Im glad youre doing that & visiting the Forum frequently. Last Horde Video was awesome and intense. Nobody needs to watch Horror Movies anymore^^
    Yeah it was kind of pointless until most of the alpha content was in there. Now that it is, I'm all in to get things tuned in nice, once that is done its on to pvp.

  14. #19499

  15. #19500
    Refugee thepcwiz101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Adger, AL
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Yeah that would be a nice way to summon a mini horde we always thought.
    This would be similar to how the zombies behave in days gone. It's more realistic but it would require more resources to implement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •