0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1359 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 35985912591309134913571358135913601361136914091459 ... LastLast
Results 20,371 to 20,385 of 22469

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by falloutcloud View Post
    @MM, this is a bit of a long shot but when you start a new project after 7DtD I have an idea that includes several elements from this game, with the static terrain and mining nodes, and a fleshed out backstory set in the old west.

There was a kickstarter back in 2013 for a board game that I love. It has this really awesome background that would be perfect for a video game. You can see the intro here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZsY_163JI0

You are an adventurer in the old west. There's a mysterious new substance, "dark stone" that has the ability to change people and open portals. You would fight against mutant bandits, creatures, demons, and other oddities. The longer you spend in the mines the stronger the darkness becomes. If the darkness escapes it ravages the countryside.

There's tons of loot and artifacts to find and other worlds to explore. You could end up on a derelict space ship, a world where it's in an ice age and the only remnants are artificial guardians, a jungle world with giant insects, and the list goes on.

Attachment 29077
    That could be cool, but Red Dead does that genre so well it would be hard to step out from under their shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    That no to crowd funding the next game or nope your not sure? Curious what model you guys will you the next time around. Imo, the best model is something in between.

For example, 85% core features built while leaving 15% open to community ideas. Maybe charge extra for early access and special early adopter items like cosmetics or items with just a slight advantage to normal buyers when game goes gold.
    I'm pretty sure we wouldn't do crowd funding, and would do a much shorter early access.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowbudgetname View Post
    @madmole question from a PVP guy. in A17 the HUNTER mod was a must have for high level encounters, (i.e. a max stat player fight) and anyone losing said fight had no chance to return to the fight without backup gear sets with said HUNTER mod. what im wondering is if there have been any stat changes to balance this out or if the mod has been removed from A18. personally, i would rather have the players stats account for most of the damage exchange in a fight rather than a mod, or maybe a weapon stat.

additionally, if anyone from the team would like to play on a PVP server and would like someone to show them the ropes, you have a guaranteed spot on my squad.
    There is a book that gives 10% more damage to humanoids/zeds, no change to the hunter mod.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    We patched 17 on 5.30.19. You've been a whole 3 months and a week without an update not a year.
    I love the game very much MM but the last patch was bug fixes and stability Issues. there may have been a new PoI or two but you cant say that we got an "update" 3 months ago so stop whining. I know people are antsy but A17.0 EXP launched on November 16, 2018 so effectively this is month 10 since an actual update and we were promised that with "this new build that Alpha's would be quick to turn out no more once a year update cycle." your words (at least pretty close) A17 was fun for a week but it clearly had its issues. with that said, what you all have been show casing for A18 its going to be a monumental step forward. I can't wait!!! I just hope you guys get A18.0 EXP build out this weekend but one could dream right? I just hope A18 drops before November 16th as that would make it 1 year since the last true update. Keep grinding those bugs and cheers to the impending release of A18

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    Yeah, yeah, go ahead and make fun of me. I hope the next time you go into the mine a horde of zombie bears and dogs will follow you.
    Interesting. While cursing is against forum rules, cursing people with bad luck in the game is not...

Hi guys !
    Your game is pretty good
    I'm very exiting for the new Alpha, big up from France

Yesterday, with a friend, we thinking about a new things for the game :
    Musical instrument like a guitar ! why not ?

We thinking about this to bring zombies out of a building, and why not, on the night next to a campfire with some emotes like " dance " or " sing "

Is it possible ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigil_Thane View Post
    Lol, I have less than 200 hours in... I don't know that anything I say necessarily counts as "Wisdom"
    Well I don't have any trap experience other than spikes and what you may have seen in the video. It seems my little gauntlet will help, but the amount of grinding to acquire the darts was tremendous, IMO I'm good with a gun, I might keep a few of those running after this horde night, but I want to loot and shoot more for this character.

Colony Founder
    It might be a post gold patch. If it allowed for 200 zombies on screen and the same FPS and memory???? I think a lot of people would opt in to give up mining for that. There would still be mining, just not digg anywhere kinda mining.
    If you did that, you'd need to balance everything again, for that experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti2xGr View Post
    @madmole

I'm old and decrepit - Forgive me if you have already responded to these questions (possibly from me even).

Do the vehicles now make sound for others (passenger in truck) or is that an A19 fix?

Are the touches like wheels spinning on truck (for others viewing ingame) and the gyrocopter blades spin in A18?

Let me know if you need more clarification on these questions. My phrasing may be a bit unclear.
    I have 2 vehicle sound bugs open at the moment. 1 is on my A18 MF, the other is not.

Yesterday I added steering and tire sync to remote vehicles and motors updating on remote vehicles. That does make the top gyro rotor spin, but not the pusher prop.

Colony Founder
    Yeah School doesn't prepare you for anything important.
    Says the one who can read and write.

Colony Founder
    i9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    I'll take fewer zombies with voxel terrain. There are dozens of games that have lots of content but static terrain.

If that's where the game needs to go... so be it. /shrug
    Keep being awesome, thanks! =)

Refugee
    I just wanted to put my 2 cents in, I love this game, i've played it for over 1000 hrs and i still think this game is fun!!! And scarry at times hehehe
    Keep up the great work and i am looking forward to A18!!! Longing to try out the new weappons and say hello to our friendly zombies who just love to eat our faces off I love the screamers even if they are a pain, you get alot of exp when all the zombies come to vissit.
    I Love the sceanery, it is very beautiful and the sound fx are excellent and creepy. the eary music and doors creeching wow !!! everything is keeping me and my friends on our toes. So keep up the great work!!!!

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Argeniat View Post
    Any chance of barbed wire bleeding zombies coming up? We have barbed wire mods that have a chance to do that so I was always curious as to why barbed traps didn't.
    Maybe because they are already very powerful and effective in slowing down zombies. For balance bleeding barbed wires would have to be MUCH more expensive to build or lose much of their slowing effect. EDIT: or not last as long

All traps in 7D2D trade their own hitpoints for damage to zombies. It means a barbed wire with damage would also be gone much faster. I rather like the barbed wire to last all horde night.
    Last edited by meganoth; 4 Days Ago at 04:55 PM.

Refugee
    What i would love to see is that if you place a 1/2 block you can still use the othe half to build or place stuff like when you put rails round a stair case, it would make building so much easier. ex. put 2 halfblock to create an L shaped corner and be able to place a flower or turret in the corner.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaroff View Post
    I love the game very much MM but the last patch was bug fixes and stability Issues. there may have been a new PoI or two but you cant say that we got an "update" 3 months ago so stop whining. I know people are antsy but A17.0 EXP launched on November 16, 2018 so effectively this is month 10 since an actual update and we were promised that with "this new build that Alpha's would be quick to turn out no more once a year update cycle." your words (at least pretty close)

Independant of what update really is supposed to mean: If a person uses the word "update" you also have to take HIS definition of "update" to find out what he "promises" you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Interesting. While cursing is against forum rules, cursing people with bad luck in the game is not...
    Do I have to find an evil witch now to relieve me of this curse? Maybe I just shoot at the horde of zombies and the bear, seems easier.