0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1362 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 36286212621312135213601361136213631364137214121462 ... LastLast
Results 20,416 to 20,430 of 22471

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by TundraWolf42 View Post
    As long as you know the difference between fantasy and reality you're more mature than most, even more so than my kid. I learned this the hard way with racing games when I was 16.
    I do but I don't think the same for quite a few people in my school....

Quote Originally Posted by Callum123456789 View Post
    I do but I don't think the same for quite a few people in my school....
    More power to you then, I have enough governing my own kid's life, I have no right in saying what you do with yours.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomaana View Post
    Yeah, lol. That they could possibly be thinking like that at this point is disheartening. Just finish your VERY NICE voxel based survival game and make a static game next. Don't try to morph this into some hybrid that won't do either very well.
    Don't worry about it. The Fun Pimps won't give up the voxels in this game. But of course the successor could be a game with a static world.

Reconstructionist 4sheetzngeegles's Avatar

Disclaimer may be TL:DR

First: The future central wasteland hub will be a nice addition; thanks for keeping the thought alive.
    Believe it or not a174 Rwg config with the city spherical module plus the seed i always use gives me a
    650-800m central now. Add to that, you building the game to allow customization, I just paint the biome
    and get wasteland there.

For the static terrain post, The first thing I saw was the word "option". I always like options.

The game is not ugly, or clunky or limited. You have a small dedicated team, that is using what started out as a very simplistic
    game platform. TFP and Unity has been limited thus far by technological advances in the engine, the immutability of time, and
    standardized rules. But that game engine has switched gears, their technology has "Growed" up. A lot of it is because of the
    contributors at the store, that aren't following but now bending, making, breaking, rules for traditional limitations.
    Now, where can you get a resource like that. The forbidden word zone perhaps.

Just recently one of the staff posted something that if used nontraditionally can append A* algorithm and its functionality.

Example of potential rule bending:

Uma which is now Uma2 + single material for texture baking + highly textured unwrapped uv placed on low poly model
    + texture2d array for storage + gpu instancing for calling and rendering + PBR + Albedo alpha tranparency. Traditionally
    separate what if they were merged into one process. TFP uses Unity as a base, TFP has a lead over many of the Unity
    built games period. TFP has Faatal Kinyajuu Gazz those not listed is because i have not seen their responses yet,
    let them flex their muscle, bend, break, and make some new rules, then you may not only get the game you desire, but the
    original vision you had.

Can it not be set to have a tick mark in the world creation for a static option or Legacy voxel terrain, Which could be
    generated from the RWG image file.

RwgmixerST = static module RwgmixerLGC = legacy terrain RwgmixerLGC+ = Voxel terrain from custom image.
    When we M build custom terrains that's basically what is happening. This way you can have personally desired build,
    keep the legacy build, and expand it to include a Mable custom build. Total addition 96k 2 xml files.

This is just my left field thought.

Last Roland is it cereal? oatmeal recipe confirmed.

The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:
    Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats
    quest marker, killable trader, book xp
    @Roland, Can we add to the list of off-topic subjects the following?:

• Which one woman is hotter questions.
    • Which fighter is better.
    • UFC match results.
    • Diet-related questions.
    • Madmole's personal assets, including his enormous personal gym, his incredibly expensive custom made sofa, his Hellcat, his castle, and whatever else he has mentioned multiple times already.
    • Madmole's views on the world that have no relation to 7 days to die, including education, people being sensitive, history being stupid, near death experiences and many others that I am forgetting.

I don't mean to be offensive here, but I've been holding back on this for a while now to see if things got better, and it's aggravating to see Madmole write posts in big letters announcing that a game-related subject that he doesn't like discussing in the a18 diary is now off-topic, and still answer every single question of random users on random topics in great detail time and time again, even in an ongoing conversation, like we're in the off-topic section of the forums. It's a very unfair double standard that he has.

I'm not against a developer sharing such things, but at least do it in the appropriate sections of the forum.

100% destructible is/was the buy point for myself. Static, nah.. If i wanted that i'd play more of forest, ark (ewww), subsistence, conan exiles, novus inceptio, osiris new dawn, rust, or savage lands (all in my library - plus any i may have forgotten). Granted, all with a variety of hours spent (none that come even close to time spent in 7d2d), but 7 days has been my "go to" game. I've personally bought 4 copies of the game and have had 9 of my friends that I recommended this game to who ended up buying and they still play consistently to this day (vanilla and modded). I have a lil over 3700 hours on 1 account and a little over 1200 on the other. Being able to do whatever the hell I want with no limitations is where it's at (again, for me). So, I beg, don't start/think of starting of changing those dynamics.

-- Reacting to posts that I'm seeing conversing about changing to static and/or partial static. I do not know the depth that you would choose to go static but from the sounds of it, bunkers or underground bases would be "out". Mining, which I thoroughly enjoy due to its random nature of finding resources vs "find this rock and you get 'x' resource" up top.
    Last edited by Syrex; 4 Days Ago at 07:40 PM. Reason: additional info / reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I don't have flurry of blows.
    Hopefully for tonight's horde video we get to see the new Demolisher. He might make mince meat of your tunnel of terror though

What attribute is flurry of blows under now?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrex View Post
    So, I beg, don't start/think of starting of changing those dynamics.
    Madmole only thought about an opt-in version with a static underground after the Gold version was released. It would then be a version for players who would trade the voxel underground for more zombies. If you want to keep the voxels you just use the standard version.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Hopefully for tonight's horde video we get to see the new Demolisher. He might make mince meat of your tunnel of terror though

What attribute is flurry of blows under now?
    Also looking forward to his next horde night video, especially since most devs ive seen dont really play the games they make much less put it up for the public to see. Love when devs do this and show the skills they have.

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    Madmole only thought about an opt-in version with a static underground after the Gold version was released. It would then be a version for players who would trade the voxel underground for more zombies. If you want to keep the voxels you just use the standard version.
    okay i missed the opt-in post.. started to panic after seeing a few posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drithyl View Post
    @Roland, Can we add to the list of off-topic subjects the following?:

• Which one woman is hotter questions.
    • Which fighter is better.
    • UFC match results.
    • Diet-related questions.
    • Madmole's personal assets, including his enormous personal gym, his incredibly expensive custom made sofa, his Hellcat, his castle, and whatever else he has mentioned multiple times already.
    • Madmole's views on the world that have no relation to 7 days to die, including education, people being sensitive, history being stupid, near death experiences and many others that I am forgetting.

I don't mean to be offensive here, but I've been holding back on this for a while now to see if things got better, and it's aggravating to see Madmole write posts in big letters announcing that a game-related subject that he doesn't like discussing in the a18 diary is now off-topic, and still answer every single question of random users on random topics in great detail time and time again, even in an ongoing conversation, like we're in the off-topic section of the forums. It's a very unfair double standard that he has.

I'm not against a developer sharing such things, but at least do it in the appropriate sections of the forum.
    Rocks are off-topic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trankitas View Post
    Rocks are off-topic too.
    No pedantry and no entendres, double or otherwise. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Were you able to sneak in a few buttons that could be linked to other animations? So instead of just turning on headlights we could add other cool animations? =)
    Nope. That is not even on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    No pedantry and no entendres, double or otherwise. :-)
    No sexual innuendo and no dirty jokes.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Hopefully we'll see some demolishers. Then I can see if the traps trigger the explosion and what 5k damage can do with a few dart traps.

I use dart traps myself in a corridor through which the zombies run. I protect the dart traps with arrow slits and upgrade everything to steel, but 3 demolishers with 5k damage each are enough to even destroy steel blocks.
    It will be interesting to find out how I can best protect the traps and how I will make sure that none of these firecrackers explode in the base. It is difficult to let them explode outside the base because my sight is restricted.