View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

    0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

    0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

    0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

    0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

    0 0%
Page 1363 of 1558 FirstFirst ... 36386312631313135313611362136313641365137314131463 ... LastLast
Results 20,431 to 20,445 of 23357

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

  1. #20431
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,843
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithyl View Post
    @Roland, Can we add to the list of off-topic subjects the following?:

    • Which one woman is hotter questions.
    • Which fighter is better.
    • UFC match results.
    • Diet-related questions.
    • Madmole's personal assets, including his enormous personal gym, his incredibly expensive custom made sofa, his Hellcat, his castle, and whatever else he has mentioned multiple times already.
    • Madmole's views on the world that have no relation to 7 days to die, including education, people being sensitive, history being stupid, near death experiences and many others that I am forgetting.


    I don't mean to be offensive here, but I've been holding back on this for a while now to see if things got better, and it's aggravating to see Madmole write posts in big letters announcing that a game-related subject that he doesn't like discussing in the a18 diary is now off-topic, and still answer every single question of random users on random topics in great detail time and time again, even in an ongoing conversation, like we're in the off-topic section of the forums. It's a very unfair double standard that he has.

    I'm not against a developer sharing such things, but at least do it in the appropriate sections of the forum.
    Sorry, but read the title. This is the developer diary. He writes about what interests him and the community responds. If Madmole brings it up it is on topic. When he says that a topic is over then it is off topic. If you are solely here to get only game related information then you are in the wrong thread.

    Besides, A18 is pretty much in the can and pretty much every A18 related topic than can be discussed has been discussed. There is not going to be any earth shattering new reveals for A18 and most game related questions are Pimp Dream questions for down the road or the next game. My advice is to relax and wait for the patch notes if you're all about business and then you'll know everything without the community fun and shennanigans. It always gets really silly and crazy right before a major release when everyone knows its about all over and then when the A19 dev diary begins it will be back to mostly business and questions and reveals again.

    We know just about everything.....other than Conventional Ralston that is.....

  2. #20432
    Colony Founder Odetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Wonka Factory
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TundraWolf42 View Post
    Also looking forward to his next horde night video, especially since most devs ive seen dont really play the games they make much less put it up for the public to see. Love when devs do this and show the skills they have.
    Yup it's very grassroots, hope they never change.

  3. #20433
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    8,820
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Elukka View Post
    So you're 14 and play a 18+ game? It will hurt your delicate psyche and you'll grow into a mad killer Hunt Pokemons, not zombies
    Right. Hunt creatures to enslave them for life, put them in tiny cages in solitary confinement with no chance of escape or parole.
    Sounds like a perfect game for children.

  4. #20434
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    15,843
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    Hopefully we'll see some demolishers. Then I can see if the traps trigger the explosion and what 5k damage can do with a few dart traps.

    I use dart traps myself in a corridor through which the zombies run. I protect the dart traps with arrow slits and upgrade everything to steel, but 3 demolishers with 5k damage each are enough to even destroy steel blocks.
    It will be interesting to find out how I can best protect the traps and how I will make sure that none of these firecrackers explode in the base. It is difficult to let them explode outside the base because my sight is restricted.
    I have to say that when Joel announced the changes to the Demolisher your response to it was the only thing I cared about seeing and I honestly am on pins and needles to hear your report of your first bloodmoon when they show up and what you do to adapt.

    Demolishers are seriously the Anti-RipClaw of the game and I'm genuinely interested to see the apocalypse that happens.

  5. #20435
    Colony Founder Odetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Wonka Factory
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    Hopefully we'll see some demolishers. Then I can see if the traps trigger the explosion and what 5k damage can do with a few dart traps.

    I use dart traps myself in a corridor through which the zombies run. I protect the dart traps with arrow slits and upgrade everything to steel, but 3 demolishers with 5k damage each are enough to even destroy steel blocks.
    It will be interesting to find out how I can best protect the traps and how I will make sure that none of these firecrackers explode in the base. It is difficult to let them explode outside the base because my sight is restricted.
    It will be a good time for sure if they show up. Madmole dropping F bombs and freaking out is always funny. To be honest 5k damage seems excessive only because there are multiple Demos, but I love a challenge. Guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.
    Last edited by Odetta; 1 Week Ago at 08:12 PM.

  6. #20436
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    slaying zombies in 7dtd
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Sorry, but read the title. This is the developer diary. He writes about what interests him and the community responds. If Madmole brings it up it is on topic. When he says that a topic is over then it is off topic. If you are solely here to get only game related information then you are in the wrong thread.

    Besides, A18 is pretty much in the can and pretty much every A18 related topic than can be discussed has been discussed. There is not going to be any earth shattering new reveals for A18 and most game related questions are Pimp Dream questions for down the road or the next game. My advice is to relax and wait for the patch notes if you're all about business and then you'll know everything without the community fun and shennanigans. It always gets really silly and crazy right before a major release when everyone knows its about all over and then when the A19 dev diary begins it will be back to mostly business and questions and reveals again.

    We know just about everything.....other than Conventional Ralston that is.....
    has the amount of water in random gen been asked yet I would possibly like to know the average amount of water spawned in RWG because in a15 there was massive lakes a16 im sure had bigger lakes a17 had near to no water and a18's amount of water has gone unanswered hasn't it?

  7. #20437
    Colony Founder Aurelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Nope. That is not even on my radar.
    In game radar returning - confirmed!

    -A

  8. #20438
    Fun Pimps Staff faatal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,879
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaroff View Post
    I love the game very much MM but the last patch was bug fixes and stability Issues. there may have been a new PoI or two but you cant say that we got an "update" 3 months ago so stop whining. I know people are antsy but A17.0 EXP launched on November 16, 2018 so effectively this is month 10 since an actual update and we were promised that with "this new build that Alpha's would be quick to turn out no more once a year update cycle." your words (at least pretty close) A17 was fun for a week but it clearly had its issues. with that said, what you all have been show casing for A18 its going to be a monumental step forward. I can't wait!!! I just hope you guys get A18.0 EXP build out this weekend but one could dream right? I just hope A18 drops before November 16th as that would make it 1 year since the last true update. Keep grinding those bugs and cheers to the impending release of A18
    17.1, 17.2, 17.3 and 17.4 were updates to the game. It is not like we spent 10 minutes on each of those. A lot of work went into them.

    We could of called 17.2 18 and now we would be on 19, but we didn't. These are just made up numbers based on a general feel for where the game is at.

  9. #20439
    Colony Founder Odetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    The Wonka Factory
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Right. Hunt creatures to enslave them for life, put them in tiny cages in solitary confinement with no chance of escape or parole.
    Sounds like a perfect game for children.
    Pokemon is like dog/Rooster fighting for kids, I bet Michael Vick loved pokemon growing up

  10. #20440
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldman_dk View Post
    While waiting for A18, I can’t stop thinking about something that’s been nagging me for some time.
    At the vendor, its possible to buy a few items that’s normally only available in the creative menu, like book cases, sinks and alike – for a few dukes.
    We can also wrench the items at POI’s and get a few resources, but why not also let us be able to dismantle the items and bring them back to the base. If we want to pimp the base – let us risk our butts at POI’s to the give the base the right look, instead of selling them at vendors. We can pick up our workbench – though it takes 10-15 sec, why not giving up the ability to pick up medicine cabinets, bookcases, different types of sinks, doors and like – and let it take time – eg. 30 sec or more – where we are woundable to attack – Also set the retail price to 0 dukes at vendors.
    There might be an entire player market here- players selling the stuff in the vending machines to other players that don’t like to climb tough POI’s to get a specific item.
    And please let us have access to more blocks like the different door types, sinks and alike – items that’s only available in creative today.

    Just a few thoughts – here while waiting..
    Yep, I announced the desire to "pick up" stuff with a timer a while ago, then we don't need to slow the crafting menus crafting clutter. The new helper blocks help some, but ultimately I'd like players to scavenge stuff on site. Like there is this new aquarium I want for my base!

  11. #20441
    Refugee TundraWolf42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    63 04 10 N 151 00 26 W
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Yup it's very grassroots, hope they never change.
    Couldn't agree more. Great to see when devs are down home and engaged with the fan base of the games they create.

  12. #20442
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    17.1, 17.2, 17.3 and 17.4 were updates to the game. It is not like we spent 10 minutes on each of those. A lot of work went into them.

    We could of called 17.2 18 and now we would be on 19, but we didn't. These are just made up numbers based on a general feel for where the game is at.
    you can call an Onion "Potato" but that wont be right either.
    Bringing in 17.1/2/3/4 as argument is invalid as those were to 90% fixes for the initial 17.0 Update.
    Dont get me wrong here, im just playing devils advocate.

    While im happily waiting and playing Skyrim (for the 9th or 10th time) i can understand those who want to make a point saying they did not wait 3 months for new Content, but indeed 10 months.

    At the other way i can understand you: Beeing on attack here every Day sucks.

    PS: Im happily eating Popcorn while reading all the Posts of People who think 7 Days will go static with next Update. (No its not^^)

  13. #20443
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by falloutcloud View Post
    Madmole, any chance we can get another video on an a18 book series?
    A slim chance. I kind of thing you guys might like to uncover the rest for yourself. If we don't make the 20th I will to kill time. Should be a new horde video today/tonight. What would be better that covering all the books is to cover the art of mining and show mining, that book series is nice and the new mining is great.

  14. #20444
    Reconstructionist Khulkhuum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    581
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Right. Hunt creatures to enslave them for life, put them in tiny cages in solitary confinement with no chance of escape or parole.
    Sounds like a perfect game for children.
    I once saw a video commenting on one of the newest pokemon games (many islands you travel between, don't remember name). The gist was that the people from one island wanted to eradicate some "pokemon pests", so they brought some aggresive pokemon from elsewhere. The conclusion was that these new, more aggresive ones would greatly destabilize the ecosystem on the island, practically eradicating many pokemon species there, not only the pests.

    So yeah, creature enslavement, forcing to fight for money and being exterminated because of stupid decisions. Not to mention some pokemon have the power to kill, torture and enslave humans and other pokemon quite easily.

  15. #20445
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Yep, I announced the desire to "pick up" stuff with a timer a while ago, then we don't need to slow the crafting menus crafting clutter. The new helper blocks help some, but ultimately I'd like players to scavenge stuff on site. Like there is this new aquarium I want for my base!
    oh god yes. Please bring this in sooner or later.
    On our Server we helped ourselfes with an Ingame Shop but that just dont feel right / Immersive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •