0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1291 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 29179111911241128112891290129112921293130113411391 ... LastLast
Results 19,351 to 19,365 of 22469

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Zombie Hunter
    @madmole I've been very curious on the Perception tree ever since its reveal for A18. Although I've never legitimately used rifles/rocket launchers (not my style; besides, rocket launchers were always sort of a "gimmicky weapon" imo, due to their rarity and huge ammo cost), and although I'm eyeing the Fortitude tree intently, I'm curious on how the Perception tree performs. I'm wondering if you could provide some insight on the matter. Forgetting javelins for a second, how does one invade a POI using a marksman rifle? Or is this task saved exclusively for the hunting rifle, or even just the javelin? What about horde night? Will the marksman rifle provide enough firepower to stop a later gamestage horde. What of the rocket launcher? Is it a viable weapon for later gamestage hordes? Are rocket launchers/rockets as rare as ever?

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    If you want something to scare the crap out of you, try exploring a dark cave and run into a zombie bear.
    As long as Ol' painless is purring with ammo, we're not scared of nuthin.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    That, and MM finally started playing late game. =)
    Devs stopped breaking save games daily so I can. I have to say I love the late game, I used to just have them mastered by day 28 or 35 and quit, now I'm building a new horde base just to see what happens

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    @madmole I've been very curious on the Perception tree ever since its reveal for A18. Although I've never legitimately used rifles/rocket launchers (not my style; besides, rocket launchers were always sort of a "gimmicky weapon" imo, due to their rarity and huge ammo cost), and although I'm eyeing the Fortitude tree intently, I'm curious on how the Perception tree performs. I'm wondering if you could provide some insight on the matter. Forgetting javelins for a second, how does one invade a POI using a marksman rifle? Or is this task saved exclusively for the hunting rifle, or even just the javelin? What about horde night? Will the marksman rifle provide enough firepower to stop a later gamestage horde. What of the rocket launcher? Is it a viable weapon for later gamestage hordes? Are rocket launchers/rockets as rare as ever?
    I'm sure that would require a weapon mod like a large capacity magazine and something to increase the fire rate on them.

You've got some huge testes if you're trying that marksman vs horde considering the spawns come from everywhere and those zombies move pretty quick. I swear the one eyed crippled woman has been sped up 😮

I know I don't say this often enough, but... I love you.

/no homo
    //well, maybe a little
    I have a 6'4" stalker, just what I always wanted

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Players want to feel rewarded and find a substantial loot cache. Piece mealing it would be like when we removed the payload harvest at the end, it wasn't good.

We've talked about several ideas, heres a couple that need to percolate a bit.
    Add a boss to the level area who's hard to kill. He drops a keycode which unlocks the super chest at the end. Super chests will become invulnerable and the keycode would be the only way to get in.

Could involve some kind of switch that opens the box, or turns on power to read on a terminal the key code or releases the kraken that has the code.

Could hide the code on a corpse in the map somewhere randomly.

Auto turrets could help protect the loot area. Find kill switch to disable them or fight them.

We're still thinking about it, its an a19+ thing.
    Why not all of those options? The game can see it as a quest in a quest house and there's obviously a 'start quest' code. Does it matter what triggers it?

And instead of making the treasure box invincible, I'd much prefer if you were to hide it as a normal-looking house block what just had a texture over it. It can be random anywhere within the house (or even an adjacent house) and the information can be on the boss bad guy or several places over the house (don't have a full map coordinates without finding 3 notes, for example).

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Devs stopped breaking save games daily so I can. I have to say I love the late game, I used to just have them mastered by day 28 or 35 and quit, now I'm building a new horde base just to see what happens
    That's the spirit, and I'm sincerely glad you're able to experience what we've been talking about... it's gotta be weird developing a game, I can't even imagine...

♥♥♥♥ gets boring at around 120 days or so, so by then you start making up your own minigames (building a maze and fighting hordenight in there, taking on massive "Bridge to nowhere" projects, etc).

Well I think in your specific case, it was because you were corrected about 30 times and still remained stubborn on the issue, so they got fed up? I dunno, spitballing here.
    (I almost came out of lurking to say the same thing. Thank you.)

the demolishers are coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebSRKB91voY

It was a ton of fun. I love this game now, and its really weird starting to feel like a fanboy of your own game.
    Too much self-love there, MM. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    Regarding zombie loot (from within the z bags), is the quality of the loot determined by gamestage/Lucky Looter level, or could you theoretically find a purple M60 from the first zombie bag that drops? (I am also unsure what determines the loot quality within zombie bags in A17, if such a mechanic exists at all.)

Edit: Also, yesterday in my solo A17 world, on day 2 with Lucky Looter 2/5, I found a level 6 chainsaw within a destroyed workbench. I had never acquired something so "overpowered" within a destroyed workbench in the entire time I've played A17. Since this "drop" is apparently so rare, do you plan on keeping the chainsaw within the destroyed workbench loot table? Just curious.
    Loot has had a pretty good workover. Its still possible to get pinks on day 1, but not likely. About level 50 to 60 you start seeing them more frequently, but still are never common.

Screenshot?
    from a11

https://imgur.com/a/n6ii0wy

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Players want to feel rewarded and find a substantial loot cache. Piece mealing it would be like when we removed the payload harvest at the end, it wasn't good.

We've talked about several ideas, heres a couple that need to percolate a bit.
    Add a boss to the level area who's hard to kill. He drops a keycode which unlocks the super chest at the end. Super chests will become invulnerable and the keycode would be the only way to get in.

Could involve some kind of switch that opens the box, or turns on power to read on a terminal the key code or releases the kraken that has the code.

Could hide the code on a corpse in the map somewhere randomly.

Auto turrets could help protect the loot area. Find kill switch to disable them or fight them.

We're still thinking about it, its an a19+ thing.
    Auto-turrets protecting the area is the only good idea on that list, fyi. No offense to the devs who came up with the others, but um, "fully destructible world" is in the title description, AND it's just weird.

...but keeping wires in the prefab files instead of writing the data to the chunk or wherever is definitely something I'm interested in y'all doing... =)

Scavenger
    Or turn down the difficulty. 32+ is pretty insane IMO.

EDIT:
    WTF, I just checked my settings it was only 12 alive???? You guys saw 12 alive and it was insane. I'm impressed with our AI now if that was only 12 alive.
    When you kill one mob another apears instantly.
    Guys playing with 32 or 64 put all that preasure against a good base desing. Using less bullets but more materials to replace the losses. The goal is buy some time.its efective..but kinda borring.

For me demolishers are very good news.

Refugee
    Will there be fresh/new looking paints in A18? i don't like when i spend time painting my house just for it to look like an old house, when i paint the house it should look like new