0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1307 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 30780712071257129713051306130713081309131713571407 ... LastLast
Results 19,591 to 19,605 of 22470

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Probably. Dang I'm amped to fight that day 91 horde but have stuff to do... can't wait til tonight
    i'd offer you some 7.62s but i lost mine last night in my day 42 horde where i underestimated them... live and learn i hope.. and yes i lived but barely.

Zombie Hunter
    Probably too inferior for my GS. Dogs are nothing, about like a snake. I am thinking of buffing them (the z dogs) so they are feared again.
    Please do! I remember being so scared of them, but the last few alphas I didn't feel worried about them at all! Have you posted anything on the new animals coming?

Probably too inferior for my GS. Dogs are nothing, about like a snake. I am thinking of buffing them (the z dogs) so they are feared again.
    Please do... but I think the problem with dogs isn’t how strong they once were or the damage they dealt... it was that a whole pack of them sneak up on you without a sound.

I would love if you could hear them coming in the distance... but you better start running because they will catch up. Even better if they made a formation with a couple running behind and a couple to the sides. Offset the pathing by a few meters until they get close enough.

Probably. Dang I'm amped to fight that day 91 horde but have stuff to do... can't wait til tonight
    I still feel like those MF's can't be all THAT bad if you can get all the way to day 91...

Madmole, the forum said that the Demolisher will ignore the spikes. You could not clarify, it will completely destroy the spikes when it passes over them, or they will take as much damage as from other zombies.

It would be very disappointing to lose 15+ iron spikes in 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by jdifran View Post
    I still feel like those MF's can't be all THAT bad if you can get all the way to day 91...
    Internal testers and devs are much more forgiving of MF's and restarts than the general public is....

We have to start over with a fresh game all the time but you just watch what happens when people have to start over with A18 after almost 10 months of not having to start over at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Orsey View Post
    Madmole, the forum said that the Demolisher will ignore the spikes. You could not clarify, it will completely destroy the spikes when it passes over them, or they will take as much damage as from other zombies.

It would be very disappointing to lose 15+ iron spikes in 2 seconds.
    His name is the Demolisher. He doesn't ignore the spikes. He goes through them like they are twigs and they get....demolished.

The code for him literally reads: "stompspikes true"

Remember that this is a late game enemy. Your spikes will be useful for a large portion of the game. The point of the demolishers is to prioritize them and take them out while they are still distant. If you let them get close then your defenses and your base will take damage as he moves through and then even more damage if he explodes.

Interestingly, there is no code for stomping barbedwire....

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Internal testers and devs are much more forgiving of MF's and restarts than the general public is....

We have to start over with a fresh game all the time but you just watch what happens when people have to start over with A18 after almost 10 months of not having to start over at all....
    Not to mention, releasing with known bugs is a time waster for everyone. For each one of those bugs, it is likely that one or more reports for it will come in, which have to be read, understood, and compared to the list.
    For every one of those MFs, there are probably several nonMF bugs that players will still encounter and the devs will have to address.They’ll be busy enough with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morloc View Post
    Are pink items better than purple items?

-Morloc
    The color is magenta which is both purple and pink.

His name is the Demolisher. He doesn't ignore the spikes. He goes through them like they are twigs and they get....demolished.

The code for him literally reads: "stompspikes true"

Remember that this is a late game enemy. Your spikes will be useful for a large portion of the game. The point of the demolishers is to prioritize them and take them out while they are still distant. If you let them get close then your defenses and your base will take damage as he moves through and then even more damage if he explodes.

Does he take no damage from spikes at all? Or 50+ spikes, still could stop him?

That's the thing though, this is going to be released to experimental, right? I really don't mind bugs, and plenty of others are willing to take the frustration. So theoretically, if you want to have a big stable release to the public while also pleasing those who really don't mind MFs, you could silently release it on the experimental branch and just announce it on the forums here. Then when you're ready for the big stable build you release and announce normally. Idk I'm not a PR manager, there might be holes here

With caution, I wonder if that would be good.
    Ultimately, this is THE zed we really want to slow down. However, if this is late game, perhaps, this should just be considered part of the natural progression to move into electric fences.

Ranger
    Playing last night thinking that the dogs were no big deal, until I kept getting bitten and bleeding like 4-5 times in a row. I would slap a bandage on and the next hit would start me bleeding again. I got lucky in the end, ran out of bandages killing the last dog but bleeding. However, as I was trying to grab some cotton the bleeding stopped on its own. I still had 30 HP or so.

Maybe that is the buff you should give them, they don't hit hard but have a high chance of causing bleeding.

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    With caution, I wonder if that would be good.
    Ultimately, this is THE zed we really want to slow down. However, if this is late game, perhaps, this should just be considered part of the natural progression to move into electric fences.
    Barbed wire has low HP and it has been stated the demolisher does a lot of damage with fists, so if he's slowed down and takes a swing he'll probably clear the barbed wire quickly. I wouldn't depend on it. Electric fences sound like a plan. (besides, who DOESN'T like seeing z's light up?)

Refugee
    Plenty of Lawyers and Mothers in your horde though, aren't they low gamestage? Is anything else low gamestage limited? I guess non-spitting vultures at some point swap to spitting only?

If you buff them, does that mean that up to a certain GS they have say 100 health, and after they would have 200?

ZDogs find that one block opening sometimes and make things interesting.