0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1323 of 1498 FirstFirst ... 32382312231273131313211322132313241325133313731423 ... LastLast
Results 19,831 to 19,845 of 22469

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kattla View Post
    That is a good idea. But the thing with TFP is, if something is useful, it will eventually be nerfed , or double nerfed.
    With the hammer, probaly slower animation+need 1 more hit pr upgrade.
    Just to make sure we'll want to explore enough to find a nailgun.
    Personally I can take the 1 or 2 extra hits for the most part, but the extra HP would be amazing. Plus I'm more of a building/crafting style player than a raider and would appreciate all the extra base defense I can get

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRanger View Post
    I think instead of nerfing the Hammer, they should make structure a part of the process. Meaning, the better the tool you use the stronger the block actually is.

Ex. when upgrading to concrete
    * Stone axe - 4 hits 2,000 hp
    * Wrench - 3 hits 2,500 hp
    * Hammer - 2 hits 3,000 hp
    * Nailgun - 1 hit 3,500 hp

Therefore promoting not only the speed, but the efficiency of the tool you are using. If they wanted their game to be real world, that would be the case. As in construction for instance, building with screws instead of nails is much more safe and sound. Where building with rebar also structures the concrete to a much more formidable level. Just food for thought.

I have a hunch it would take a big bite out of performance. It's been the demise of many a good idea. Which is a shame, builder types could use some more progression. MM has said as much too. On that note: MM, I remember you saying something about new wrench tools, tiered like weapons; I think it went monkey wrench -> ratchet -> impact wrench. Is that an A18 thing?

Tracker
    @madmole do you know roughly how many tracks ar in the DMS?

Quote Originally Posted by Blake_ View Post
    It's not like that. There are platings for each armor. That iron plating only works with Iron armor/heavy armor?. You need to find military platings for your military armor. 6 of them.
    Edit: Here you go. Look in armor mods :

https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Mods
    so I tested and you can put any plate that is made for light armor into Military armor but not plates for heavy armor like Iron platting.

my argument is having used vest with a plate carrier I can put any place I have, plastic, ceramic, steel, etc. in my vest so why can't I do the same with what ever I find.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    so I tested and you can put any plate that is made for light armor into Military armor but not plates for heavy armor like Iron platting.

my argument is having used vest with a plate carrier I can put any place I have, plastic, ceramic, steel, etc. in my vest so why can't I do the same with what ever I find.
    Balance

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post

just the way they wanted it atm. personally, I would go mod it that the mil armor could use all types

Quote Originally Posted by EggsAisle;
    builder types could use some more progression. MM has said as much too.
    I completely agree. There should be a "complete section" option or something of the sort and you get bonus xp for building the whole thing and then a "complete base" option as well. Another option would be once the Bloodmoon ends the game could run a script on your base and give you more "bonus xp" for how much damage your base took.

ex.

Bloodmoon finished:

1. Minimal damage taken to structural integrity - Bloodmoon ended by "xxxx" - generating efficient building xp gain - processed - + 2,500 xp

or on the contrary

2. Massive damage taken to structure - Bloodmoon finished ended by "xxxx" generating efficient building xp gain - processed - +125 xp
    Last edited by NightRanger; 1 Week Ago at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EggsAisle View Post
    I. On that note: MM, I remember you saying something about new wrench tools, tiered like weapons; I think it went monkey wrench -> ratchet -> impact wrench. Is that an A18 thing?
    Tiers for wrenches would be good especially going along side Salvage Operations and taking apart mechanical/electrical components. Honestly I think they should increase the amount of resources you get from certain things you can wrench apart (like desks, chairs, lights, smaller objects, random things you take apart, etc.). I tried doing a play through in A17 where I used Salvage Operations as my main point of gathering resources as well as the concrete/cobblestone pallets to gather those materials to prevent having to mine for those who do not enjoy it and it is practically impossible to build an efficient base in a timely manner doing so. Another point to make (and add to the rant it seems) is that Salvage Operations should increase the amount of materials you get from scrapping different things. ex.(empty cans, brass trophies, doorknobs, fishing weights, candy tin cans, etc.).

Colony Founder
    I had a wolf attack me when I started a new game. i was loaded down with crap and had only basic weapons. I shot it with the bow and dropped it in a few shots. Will be harder to do in Alpha-18 with the new crap bow that's coming out.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    I had a wolf attack me when I started a new game. i was loaded down with crap and had only basic weapons. I shot it with the bow and dropped it in a few shots. Will be harder to do in Alpha-18 with the new crap bow that's coming out.
    Isn't the crap bow the same crap bow we had before, just with different name and different icon?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.devolver View Post
    Isn't the crap bow the same crap bow we had before, just with different name and different icon?
    No. It's been nerfed into what is called the primitive bow. Like the old bow but with less power.

Colony Founder
    Al man, it's so slow here. Madmole must have broke his keyboard, way too much typing. lol

Colony Founder
    No. It's been nerfed into what is called the primitive bow. Like the old bow but with less power.
    Damn. So crap bow became even crappier?

In defense of TFP, if you were to be in your natural everyday lifestyle with whatever you do (assuming you're not actually a blacksmith, carpenter, some trade like that) and were thrown into the zombie apocalypse world of 7D2D, would you be able to "craft" an extremely efficient bow? Probably not I would say. Now that doesn't mean you don't have the common sense to make it work and make it be able to kill something, but it would be along the lines of: you are walking through the woods, finally thinking you have escaped. You come across some thin vines and a bowed stick that you decide to make into a makeshift bow. Once you're done, you have what you could maybe call a bow and think you'll be okay. As you're walking you here a noise and out of the corner you spot him "Shia Labeouf". He turns to you and you get your bow and fire off an arrow. It misses him just by a hair. You fire off another, hitting him in the pelvis. He's limping now, but still running at you madly. You manage to fire off a few more arrows hitting him in different parts of the body. "Oh god, he just won't stop sprinting!" you yell. You fire off your last arrow hitting him in the head. He's dead. Finally. You sigh in relief, walking over to the corpse to recover your salvageable arrows. As you get close you find only one arrow is not broken. Unfortunate. "Maybe the more I practice, the better I get" you think to yourself. And from that day on you decide to use all your "skills" towards crafting useful bows and arrows to survive. The End

Al man, it's so slow here. Madmole must have broke his keyboard, way too much typing. lol
    or family as he is a family man and this is a weekend... now get off the keyboard and take your family out to a nice dinner... leave them there and you come back to visit the forum some more.