0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1328 of 1558 FirstFirst ... 32882812281278131813261327132813291330133813781428 ... LastLast
Results 19,906 to 19,920 of 23357

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    https://twitter.com/joelhuenink/stat...520691200?s=20

My new gauntlet trap, seems to work ok already with most of one side loaded. Getting 500 darts per trap minimum is some grinding. No luck finding any SMG to build any more turrets.
    Pro tip. Put the dart traps behind arrow slit blocks to protect them from getting damaged.

Hunter
    I saw that the dye saturation was lowered. Would it be possible to instead just use one dye icon and like the paint brush select a color and saturation level? Maybe even just open up all the textures to be available? Once selected you just drop it in the slot and you're good to go. I rather like the higher saturation. My hot pink fire ax was the bomb.

(*I know xml guys, there's always that option)

Bones are so common I'd never go to the dog poi for some, animals and vultures attack me all the time and I get their bones. I think I had 250 glue a while back.
    In A17 vultures don't give bones... has this changed?
    If yes it would be kind of useful now that I think of it, especially if you live in the wasteland.

Colony Founder
    Running for K-9's is futile

The reason I say this is that K-9's are faster and will out run you. Also you can not fight back when you turn your back to them.
    OFC if they are a distance away and you can jump up on a car or something then by all means do so. But if they closed that gap then you may want to hammer them. Otherwise, they will just take chunks out of your backside till you drop.

In a pinch you could go around a tree to give yourself a few seconds but most trees and things are too spread out to do it right.

So if some K-9's jump you, fight. You might win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jost Amman View Post
    In A17 vultures don't give bones... has this changed?
    If yes it would be kind of useful now that I think of it, especially if you live in the wasteland.
    yep they sure do in a18
    Last edited by unholyjoe; 1 Week Ago at 07:26 PM. Reason: corrected a booboo

No they are super busy you guys have no idea what is coming.
    @Madmole:
    Ok, first you hinted about a big reveal a few days ago no one picked up on, and now this.

The graphic guys are obviously knee deep in a surprise something...is it for 18 or 19? (I'm hoping its a big a18 surprise. )

You've already said you weren't updating the current zombies, so its not that. Since they've been really hitting pois hard, I'm guessing its poi or possibly sub biome related since thats a thing now.

You already said dilapidated smaller pois were added so thats not a surprise.

You also said no new clean textures, so nope on that count.

I'm hoping maybe a few new skyscrapers, new underground pois, or above ground non building pois.

Any hints??
    Last edited by Gareee; 1 Week Ago at 02:47 PM.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Bones are so common I'd never go to the dog poi for some, animals and vultures attack me all the time and I get their bones. I think I had 250 glue a while back.
    Should a vulture have viable bones? Bird bones are light and weak, and vultures are already feather delivery systems... Maybe take bones out of the harvest?

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Running for K-9's is futile
    Wrong. All you have to do is break line of sight using whatever obstacles you can find (Buildings/large stone outcroppings are best) and then change direction. They will path to the last place they saw you and you're home-free.

Tracker
    will the flame trap ever be implemented? or maybe a flamethrower type turret? the molotov we have now is ok ..but to be honest they suck since most of the time they hit the edge of the bars even if you see the sights right on the zombie and you think oh ok that's where it is going and nope you become the human torch.

I DID notice Madmole's grenades hitting the bars on his horde night video.. a great example of why we need the thrown item trajectory arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    I DID notice Madmole's grenades hitting the bars on his horde night video.. a great example of why we need the thrown item trajectory arc.
    You mean a visual aid? Ew. Just no.

Game already has too many cartoony elements...

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    You mean a visual aid? Ew. Just no.

Game already has too many cartoony elements...
    Most aaa games with throwables have had them for ages... all the farcry games have them. as all the assassins creed games. For open long distance throws it isn't an issue, but for tight spots like MM tossing them into an opening, you just need them. I think 2 or 3 hit the edge because he couldn't gauge getting them through the opening, which renders them worthless in that situation.

Having at least a perk available for it satisfies both types of players.. just perk into it if you want it.

(Of course watching MM fail without having it IS far more entertaining....lol!)

I'd rather the game continue to be hard and keep its uniqueness than continue to try and be a AAA game catering towards Consolers and their inabilities.

"But fallout has it" is madmole's weakest argument, it sure as hell doesn't bolster anyone elses.

Where's the fun in throwing around explosives if you know exactly where they'll land?

Bungie never had trajectories in the HALO series and I was still quite capable of landing a ♥♥♥♥-shot with a sticky grenade.

I like that you are going to more builder friendly UI with radial and help blocks instead of having to craft a ton of shapes only to find out you have 100 corners when you needed 100 ramp frames

also the variable stats on weapons is cool that will up the trading and selling in the game. PS: I still see very little use of player vending machines at traders. need a better system like if I use one my loot can show up at multiple traders or something like WOW did with the cross-faction auction house maybe.