0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1331 of 1499 FirstFirst ... 33183112311281132113291330133113321333134113811431 ... LastLast
Results 19,951 to 19,965 of 22471

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    Not even at nightmare speed ?
    Not until we do some engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Don't get them excited, zombies cannot be harvested.
    went back and corrected it..
    Last edited by unholyjoe; 6 Days Ago at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    You already have the greatest game on steam, I hope one day you realize it and stop trying to be like other games.

/Flipping the script, in a complimentary way
    Nope. The greatest game sells more copies. There are games with 10% of the content we have outselling us like the forest and subnautica. They aren't riddled with bugs and run like crap though or deal with voxels shafting their graphics. Once we polish our game up to be at least single A quality we will dominate them.

7 Days has a unique appeal so some players are willing to subject themselves to low quality visuals and performance issues, and deal with bugs to play it. If we were polished we'd sell 3-5x as many copies. 18 is a huge step in that direction.

Success depends on how good an idea it is, combined with how well its executed.

A great idea executed poorly will fail.
    A crappy idea executed AAA will fail.
    I'd say we have a great idea executed ok, about 40% with 0% being horrid and 100% being AAA perfect and we've had some pretty good success. If we could raise that execution level to 75% we'd sell double the copies, 100% would sell 10x the copies.

This is why those other games do better, they are an OK idea executed at a 80-90% level. If we can land on a single a quality maybe at roughly 70%, I'd say AA is 85% and AAA is 100% we'll be doing great. It would be very difficult to make a voxel game like ours AAA without throwing a billion dollars at it. That said, I think if we can reach 70% we'll be good.

Its great you think our game is the greatest, but most people expect better graphics, performance and no bugs from a game. So we're working towards that. 18 will be a real treat and by 19 I think we'll be smashing most survival games.

The aspect of other games we are trying to be like is performant, bug free, and nicer visuals. Fallout has great looting and we have that now, so that pursuit is nearly over. It has great NPC and story but that will be out of our reach for another game or two.

Colony Founder
    Don't get them excited, zombies cannot be harvested.
    I was wondering about that.

Colony Founder
    I thought so, so I will be fine. And that explains my copter going boom.
    Wait. I thought that was a turret that destroyed your flyer.

Colony Founder
    Nope. The greatest game sells more copies. There are games with 10% of the content we have outselling us like the forest and subnautica. They aren't riddled with bugs and run like crap though or deal with voxels shafting their graphics. Once we polish our game up to be at least single A quality we will dominate them.

7 Days has a unique appeal so some players are willing to subject themselves to low quality visuals and performance issues, and deal with bugs to play it. If we were polished we'd sell 3-5x as many copies. 18 is a huge step in that direction.

I'd say we have a great idea executed ok, about 40% with 0% being horrid and 100% being AAA perfect and we've had some pretty good success. If we could raise that execution level to 75% we'd sell double the copies, 100% would sell 10x the copies.

This is why those other games do better, they are an OK idea executed at a 80-90% level. If we can land on a single a quality maybe at roughly 70%, I'd say AA is 85% and AAA is 100% we'll be doing great. It would be very difficult to make a voxel game like ours AAA without throwing a billion dollars at it. That said, I think if we can reach 70% we'll be good.

Its great you think our game is the greatest, but most people expect better graphics, performance and no bugs from a game. So we're working towards that. 18 will be a real treat and by 19 I think we'll be smashing most survival games.

The aspect of other games we are trying to be like is performant, bug free, and nicer visuals. Fallout has great looting and we have that now, so that pursuit is nearly over. It has great NPC and story but that will be out of our reach for another game or two.
    Do quests and NPCs count as "content"? If you left everything that's already there as is and just gave us some story with main quest line and NPCs to interact with, it would make it much more attractive to me, but that's just me.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar

I get you equate sales to game greatness, you're an owner and it's a business, but there are other factors, from timing to marketing to whatever, that have nothing to do with how great the game is, that give it sales. I'm a little bummed by your post.

You have something special here.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    I get you equate sales to game greatness, you're an owner and it's a business, but there are other factors, from timing to marketing to whatever, that have nothing to do with how great the game is, that give it sales. I'm a little bummed by your post.

You have something special here.
    Since I play 7 Days (to get off your ass), when I read the reviews of a game on Steam, I first watch the game time of the players. And there is only "7 Days" that displays as many hours of play, even when the criticism is negative. I think the value of this game is in those hours.

I'm 50 years old and no solo game has ever brought me so much satisfaction and pleasure. Sometimes, when I'm tired of playing "7 Days", I totally change and start a game of 7 Days to die PVP. These are my two favorite games.

So yes, something special...

What is wrong with the visuals of 7 Days to Die ?

Colony Founder
    I thought they lasted all night. Its possible they got chopped up or destroyed. If they don't last all night, then its fine, I'll just have to start looting them in between killing or let it despawn.
    In A17.4 the loot containers remain 20 minutes before they despawn. At a 60 minute day this is long enough to be collected after the horde. In A17.0 the time was 5 minutes.

I feel MM got disappointed in voxels, they bring all that trouble with bad graphics and performance and I'm afraid his next game would be no voxels. Which saddens me. To combat all those top selling games you really need to be special PLUS have a miracle luck to hit that elusive string that no one can put a finger on. Lets hope you will succeed, but my point is:

From a business point of view, making a plain sequel, 7d2d-2, with voxels again, but on a new level, with all the accumulated knowledge and the dream team you are having now, would be a guaranteed success. And it will not take all those years again to make it.

But that is a view from my sofa..

Ranger
    Are you saying my dart traps are going to damage my opposing dart traps?
    It will protect your dart traps from zombie damage.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    yep they sure do in a18
    What about those radiated puking vultures? Currently in A17, when you attempt to harvest them, they give you nothing. :P

Ranger
    Wouldn't that break their pathing if an obstruction is there? Or do zombies just walk through electric fences? I need to get in and out myself, so a fence seems like it would stop me from that.
    It won't break their pathing.

We increased the chance a bit, and I think the tougher zeds have a higher chance.
    I think he meant increasing the decay timer now that horde lasts all night so we can get our loot at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

It already works well a screamer came to see what was going on and her and her minions mostly died, I only fired a few assist rounds and that was with only a few on one side online, once the other side goes online it should work well.
    that was meant for the electric fence. unless the wire for electric fences clip through blocks?