0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 952 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 45285290294295095195295395496210021052 ... LastLast
Results 14,266 to 14,280 of 17456

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adilaris View Post
    I sure hope it does!

My bases tend to always be an odd number of blocks wide, due to the door only being 1 block and I get annoyed when it's not symmetrical (habit from the minecraft days) - and the bridge always forced me to favor a side, since it could never line up with the door; because it's only 4 wide instead of 5, haha.
    I think most do.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I think most do.
    god i cannot wait for symmetry Q.Q

Quote Originally Posted by A Nice Cup of Tea View Post
    My maths is perfectly fine, thank you.

If each time I die I lose 25% of the xp needed to gain in level, then to gain a level I have to be able to re-gain at least that 25% xp before dying again.

If I can't manage that, then I'll never increase in level again. The maths is simple and straightforward.

With other forms of death penalty I can at least slowly crawl up to getting to higher level and therefore being able to buy perks that will help keep me alive, but with a cumulative direct xp loss I can't unless I can gain xp faster than I lose it.

Even if the penalty was "you only gain a tenth of the normal xp for the next hour" at least you'd still be gaining it slowly and it might take you ten times as long to go up levels but you wouldn't be able to get stuck in a vicious circle of losing it quicker than you re-gain it.
    If you are dying that much you need to turn down the difficulty. Its not hard to stay alive, 95% of deaths only occurs when you don't properly prepare.

Quote Originally Posted by A Nice Cup of Tea View Post
    ...until you reach the stage where you die at least once per day and never make progress again.

Death penalties should slow progress, but they should never completely block it or reverse it (not in this type of game, anyway).
    It doesn't halt anything unless you are OCD about gaining new perks like clockwork. It blocks zombies from getting any harder, and in facts makes them easier for a while. The whole world is waiting for you to get stronger before it gets stronger. If it takes 1 hour to level, you only lose 15 minutes of progress. You would need to die 4x a day every day to be stuck, and as I said in my earlier post you are not preparing properly or you need to turn down the difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    I always avoid large-scale multiplayer for another reason. I don't like being effectively "punished" for not being on 24/7, and the world advances while I'm not there, asleep or otherwise. I personally have never been a fan of logging off on day 10 and, 24 hours later, logging back in to discover that people have been playing while I was off, and it is now day 52.
    Day is irrelevant, did you quit playing 2 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGamer View Post
    @faatal needs a unique avatar too! For people like me, who casually browse through this thread in search of dev responses.
    I added a picture months ago, but I don't think it liked it, since I've never seen it on my posts and I gather you can't see it either.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I added a picture months ago, but I don't think it liked it, since I've never seen it on my posts and I gather you can't see it either.
    You added it to the profile picture but not the avatar. Click on your profile, and we see your baby blue's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    @ Faatal:

Not to add another bug to slow down the hype train and release, but Jawoodle on youtube found another easy ai exploit that needs fixing. Zombies won't walk on arrow slits if they are on the ground! He placed a floor of them, and literally had a working forcefield and could just pick them all off one by one with a sledge, even on a day 40 horde night.

Obviously spitters would still create a hazard, but this is way too easy to allow in a18.

That boy can sniff out an exploit a mile away. He needs to be on the early release streamer list.
    I added to my todo list. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    in our current build, I just tried with arrow slit blocks in ALL rotations on ground and in ground to make flush... my zombies took no issues to hop on, walk across or destroy these blocks.
    Nice, so maybe was fixed by other code changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    That sounds awesome!

I think my issue was only doing t5 towers. I figured these were end game and I should only do them. I heard somewhere you were going to allow us to do all tiered quests once we unlock the higher ones. Like even if I'm I'm on t5 quests I can still pick t1 quests. Is that true?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow lol. Is this 1999? This feels alot like Everquest 1 😀
    I did the hospital last night and only used about 100 rounds I think, but I used spiked knuckles on most of the zeds, it only got nasty on the roof spaces where vultures came and in 2 other spots and then the end room.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Nice, so maybe was fixed by other code changes.
    How dare u tell me how to play MY game. If I want zombies to get stuck on arrow slits then let me do it. If you dont wanna do it then dont!

Lmao... did i use this stupid argument correctly?
    Last edited by SnowDog1942; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:11 PM.

Tracker
    I agree. That's one thing that's missing from A17: the exploration fun factor. When driving on your minibike in previous alphas, nothing compared to finding a brand new town. In A17, I and no one else I know feel the same emotions. It's just "okay".

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    How dare u tell me how to play MY game. If I want zombies to get stuck on arrow slits then let me do it. If you dont wanna do it then dont!

Lmao... did i use this stupid argument correctly?
    no doggy bone... back to your corner.

don't know if this every got answered but is the bug with the vehicles being silent at top speed fixed?

They also dont rotate the wheels either.

This is all from a perspective of the passenger or a civ walking by/someone driving by.

Don't think a 4x4 should be quieter than sledge hammer hitting dirt

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorMunchy View Post
    don't know if this every got answered but is the bug with the vehicles being silent at top speed fixed?
    It didn't get answered, but if you see any bug fix that says something about "latency improved" or "client/server sync" then that'll probably be it, and other issues.