0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 985 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 48588593597598398498598698799510351085 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,775 of 17030

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Inventor
    Since you're here (which is awesome btw!), and Da Man! for AI bits, anything you can tease us with regarding zombie pathing changes faatal?

POLYESTER?

I was going to buy 1 of the shirts...
    I have vended concerts & have many friends that still do & they never use polyester...
    It's always...

Gildan 100% Cotten

That's 1 of my shirts in the Avetar, aint she cute,,,
    That's Cat, she does Parasol's
    Last edited by spacepiggio; 1 Week Ago at 12:17 AM.

we are at 3 smileys!

I repeat: THREE SMILEYS!!!

Tracker
    There's nothing more reliable than the smileys

In smileys we trust

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurvir View Post
    Prime, Kumquat and Hated will be streaming an A18 play session this Friday at 9pm CST. Joel might also stop by the streams to answer some questions so keep an eye out!
    https://twitter.com/7DaystoDie/statu...76422178967552
    https://multistre.am/fubar_prime/kum...d7dtd/layout7/
    Sorry, but whoever wrote that "official" tweet did you a disservice by not mentioning which day that 9pm would be at... Also, why would you be using CST when it's summer-time now, so it shouldn't be Central-Standard Timezone, but Central Timezone (CT) or maybe even Central-Daylight (CDT)?! :-B

Also, apparently Prime and Kumquat have forgotten they added a "Countdown to upcoming Twitch Stream" section on their twitch page, since both of them say "Stream Not Scheduled". :-|

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I used twice the ammo, so why not get twice the reward?

We'll probably address it at some point, but its not a big deal since you have the same risk either way. Doing it the first time doesn't get you the quest reward.
    ty for the answer. all true, yet its hard for me to be immersed in the Apocalypse when a whole POI magically get fixed, and filled with goodies and zombies in-front of me during my SP experience.

and when the game goes gold i hope that if i ever encounter a huge yellow "!" in-game its some zombie in a football mascot suit that i can shoot in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by FileMachete View Post
    Since you're here (which is awesome btw!), and Da Man! for AI bits, anything you can tease us with regarding zombie pathing changes faatal?
    Don't think you will see any major pathing changes in A18. Just some tweaks and bug fixes.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Don't think you will see any major pathing changes in A18. Just some tweaks and bug fixes.
    Don't know if you would be the one to ask - but in A18, is it possible for XML to hook into the AI again?

This worked in A16 (allowing modders to create NPCs) but was broken in A17, I assume because the AI classes had changed. Did anyone hook up the new AI classes/methods yet?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithyl View Post
    Throwing rocks already distracts zombies in a17, I've used it multiple times during the early nights.
    Thanks. It's been awhile since I tried it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Yes and distractions are the same in A18.
    Thanks.

Does it do damage if you hit them with a rock or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Live stream about to start. http://multitwitch.tv/fubar_prime/kumquat_tv/Hated7dtd/

No damage from a thrown rock

Colony Founder
    I was watching the Live stream Alpha-18: http://multitwitch.tv/fubar_prime/kumquat_tv/Hated7dtd/

I noticed that the person playing Hated's avatar at times looked as if he was holding his torch as if he was going to throw a spear. I am not sure why but he could switch in and out of that animation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    No damage from a thrown rock
    Thanks Roland.

- - - Updated - - -

I also noticed that the three players seemed to not be in timesink with each other.

Looked as if Prime's avatar was ahead of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    I also noticed that the three players seemed to not be in timesink with each other.

Looked as if Prime's avatar was ahead of everyone else.
    They probably just have different stream delays set up with Twitch.

Colony Founder
    I see. Thanks

I have been following this thread very silently.

It's nice that you are doing this twitch thing. But I am pretty sure that I am not the only one here, who doen't want to get spoiled. I want to be surprised by all the new features. I want to explore them first hand. I want to make mistakes and learn from them on my own, without somebody telling me what I should do in what way.

That said, I am still very hyped for A18. I just don't want to be a twitch number that tells you how many people are interested.

By the way... the 3 Smileys - I don't think they stand for anything. They do however remind me of the three seashells in Demolition Man

https://youtu.be/n7nFEnFtvCM?t=47

Quote Originally Posted by khzmusik View Post
    Don't know if you would be the one to ask - but in A18, is it possible for XML to hook into the AI again?

This worked in A16 (allowing modders to create NPCs) but was broken in A17, I assume because the AI classes had changed. Did anyone hook up the new AI classes/methods yet?
    I am the one in charge of AI these days. A lot of AI code has changed, but AI is still setup through XML as it was before I started working on it. There is still AITask-x and AITarget-x properties.