0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 986 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 48688693697698498598698798899610361086 ... LastLast
Results 14,776 to 14,790 of 17456

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frisky Minx View Post
    I have been following this thread very silently.

It's nice that you are doing this twitch thing. But I am pretty sure that I am not the only one here, who doen't want to get spoiled. I want to be surprised by all the new features. I want to explore them first hand. I want to make mistakes and learn from them on my own, without somebody telling me what I should do in what way.

That said, I am still very hyped for A18. I just don't want to be a twitch number that tells you how many people are interested.

By the way... the 3 Smileys - I don't think they stand for anything. They do however remind me of the three seashells in Demolition Man

https://youtu.be/n7nFEnFtvCM?t=47
    Understandable. I hate spoilers. Would rather figure stuff out myself until I get stuck, then help is nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Drithyl View Post
    They probably just have different stream delays set up with Twitch.
    They definitely did. I went through the three of them to figure out which one Madmole's voice came through first. One of them was off by a second or two.

Quote Originally Posted by mickjames View Post
    You MUST have a perverted mind if you're assuming DaVega has some sort of dark connotation to his comment...
    Me? Nah I'm a paragon of crystal-clear virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    Me? Nah I'm a paragon of crystal-clear virtue.
    This is your ultimate...

https://youtu.be/_i8-t5biK10

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Yep that's how it was done (and works in a17, and would have probably worked in a16... sleepers were a thing then, too, right? I'm old, I forget stuff).
    Yah, it should, except for being able to blend the POI surface into sloping terrain - instead of leaving a square that you can see on the map. That became possible in A18.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Just call in sad. Say you're having a bad hair day. They'll understand.
    I would if I had hair

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    This is your ultimate...

https://youtu.be/_i8-t5biK10
    agree

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisky Minx View Post
    I have been following this thread very silently.

It's nice that you are doing this twitch thing. But I am pretty sure that I am not the only one here, who doen't want to get spoiled. I want to be surprised by all the new features.
    How is following this spoiler-heavy thread not spoiling your surprise?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Yah, it should, except for being able to blend the POI surface into sloping terrain - instead of leaving a square that you can see on the map. That became possible in A18.
    Oooh. I'm familiar with that square from my underground dungeons in medieval mod. Yes, this means I can have NON obvious pitfalls using terrain block traps into a dungeon below...

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I am the one in charge of AI these days. A lot of AI code has changed, but AI is still setup through XML as it was before I started working on it. There is still AITask-x and AITarget-x properties.
    You're the captain now.

I'm super nosy, what's your resume look like? Just curious.

So my take on the stream: A18 seems waaaay more polished and fleshed out than a17, which is good.

Ore deposits (especially the borg ship lead deposit) is really toooooo gamey. At laest sink them into the ground (had two independent people suggest that in conversations, and it sounds like a good idea) halfway, or cover them up with grass, something to make them not stick out like a giant red quest marker.

...but if that's my ONLY complaint based on what I saw? Damn good job pimps. Damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    So my take on the stream: A18 seems waaaay more polished and fleshed out than a17, which is good.

Ore deposits (especially the borg ship lead deposit) is really toooooo gamey. At laest sink them into the ground (had two independent people suggest that in conversations, and it sounds like a good idea) halfway, or cover them up with grass, something to make them not stick out like a giant red quest marker.

...but if that's my ONLY complaint based on what I saw? Damn good job pimps. Damn good.
    Got to agree here, it is looking really solid. Just need to get those MF bugs dealt with and then it's a full grown Kraken.

Tracker
    Finally, someone who is also following a similar approach to mine! While I have been reading the forums religiously, I've yet to watch any videos, streams, or investigate any Twitter posts regarding A18. For the first time in forever, I'm genuinely trying to stay mostly in the dark about something. :P

Before anyone asks, yes, this forum is very spoiler heavy, but I respond much better to visual stimuli. Hearing about new RWG is phenomenal (as an example), but I've got nothing visual to work off (that I want to see), so it's just guess work for me.
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:19 AM.

I'm kinda worried about how washed out and ugly this game is starting to look. I know you are trying to theme the game but can you add a little bit of color to the pois and stop trying to make things deppressing with a washed out color pallets. The clouds look grey like you have sunglasses on. turn up the vibrancy for god sake.

Tracker
    It's the post-apocalypse. Nothing is sunshine and rainbows anymore, in more ways than one.