0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 1001 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 5019019519919991000100110021003101110511101 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,015 of 17030

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Survivor
    Who are the POI designers, anyway? All the dungeons kick tremendous amounts of ass and questing is a treat every time. Now with the addition of randomized guns and the return of books, it even solves the later-game issue of running out of meaningful loot to snag. This game is already one of my favorite time sinks and thinking about how there'll be a main quest, harder enemies, and some super-dungeons later on is unbelievable to me.

The only thing left on my wishlist is to maybe see some more friendly NPCs? Not even anything complicated, it could just be some more static NPCs in settlements to protect it, hand out more quests (maybe really specific/advanced ones at some point?) or just to sit around and make the world seem that much less lonely. I just know that finding villages in Minecraft makes the world seem so much more alive, and I love protecting/improving them.
    Maybe someday they could have their own little protected 'mini-settlements' in houses/camps? Like how POIs are potentially flagged as empty, they could randomly be flagged as 'safe' instead and have land protection and friendly NPCs inside?

Of course this is all still wishful thinking and a long, long way off if ever. For now, kill those MFers Madmole and co. and bring on A18!!

Thank you for your service, and working to make this game better.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    ...but they’re made of iron now instead of brass.

/jk
    Trolololololo. Maybe something for your next mod lol

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Awesome, we've created a reason to play late game for extended hours. Not changing it, its perfect. I might bump the XP, but people don't think about the big picture. Its not that books are super rare. Its not that there are too many books. Its that there is also a schematic for everything in the game, so when you stick 250 names in a hat and draw one, then put it back mix it up, draw again... it might take a long time to get every one drawn once.
    It will take thousands of attempts to get all 250...particularly since you don't get one every time.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by iBane View Post
    It will take thousands of attempts to get all 250...particularly since you don't get one every time.
    Then let's hope that we have enough Crack A Book in our random generated worlds.

In regard to A18, Has there been any improvement on water physics or other changes, beyond the new rivers/streams? Do you have any tips on placing or repairing water? I am still constantly fighting pockets on the surface of lakes or other manually placed water features, trying to put new blocks. It doesn't seem to matter if I use the Water POI blocks or buckets. If this is just a Unity thing, I get it but am hoping that at some point we can work with water a bit easier. Any chance of waterfalls down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Ti2xGr View Post
    In regard to A18, Has there been any improvement on water physics or other changes, beyond the new rivers/streams? Do you have any tips on placing or repairing water? I am still constantly fighting pockets on the surface of lakes or other manually placed water features, trying to put new blocks. It doesn't seem to matter if I use the Water POI blocks or buckets. If this is just a Unity thing, I get it but am hoping that at some point we can work with water a bit easier. Any chance of waterfalls down the road?
    Water blocks should work the same in A18 as A17. Hopefully we will get a chance to improve water at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    snip
    Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Hopefully we will get a chance to improve water at some point.
    If not, I hope we get at least some graphical fixes for water. Not seeing the surface of the water when diving is somehow irritating.^^

Is the Spear only throwable? I would think you could use it to Block, Stab & I would like special moves like...
    Basic Use:
    L Mouse to Stab..
    R Mouse to Block or push back...
    R Mouse Hold to ♥♥♥♥ the Spear for throwing then L Mouse to throw...
    Special moves using combo holding & L Mouse to...
    Using the spear to Stab to the rear...
    Swing the Spear like a long Club or a full spin to knock back a group of Z's...
    ETC...

♥♥♥♥ = COKK
    Synonyms, sheeeshhh
    Last edited by spacepiggio; 1 Week Ago at 03:57 PM.

The spear has a regular attack and a power attack like all the weapons.

LMB: Stab
    RMB: Throw

No weapon can be used to block and the spear is no exception.

Any chance you guys at TFP have fixed your garbage collector? It keeps unloading the texture for the charge bar that shows up when your drawing a bow, Maybe set it to NOT unload any UI elements?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    The spear has a regular attack and a power attack like all the weapons.

LMB: Stab
    RMB: Throw

No weapon can be used to block and the spear is no exception.
    I noticed the spear throw in the video was kinda.. janky, like a weird delay before it hit the target, it might be a multiplayer only issue though. It also looks like it was pretty hard to collect mid combat, maybe make its.. I dunno what its called? clicky box? you can hit E on bigger so its easier to retrieve? Arrows could use a bigger clicky box thing too.

speaking of bars and throwing...i hope in A18 Molotov throwing is fixed. It sucks that i need literally a 5x5 opening to throw one . like, did the apocalypse of zombies give us bad hand eye coordination yet we can make guns with duct tape XD

Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    Any chance you guys at TFP have fixed your garbage collector? It keeps unloading the texture for the charge bar that shows up when your drawing a bow, Maybe set it to NOT unload any UI elements?

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed the spear throw in the video was kinda.. janky, like a weird delay before it hit the target, it might be a multiplayer only issue though. It also looks like it was pretty hard to collect mid combat, maybe make its.. I dunno what its called? clicky box? you can hit E on bigger so its easier to retrieve? Arrows could use a bigger clicky box thing too.
    I plan on carrying a few of them as soon as the streamers who are already playing other games & the play test is over...
    Can we get a Horse & Chariot so we can play like an Egyptian?
    Joke Alert!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There’s no clicky box. There is just range. You press E when near and it vacuums it up. You don’t need to put the cursor on it.

Increasing the range would be too magical.