0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 1022 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 22522922972101210201021102210231024103210721122 ... LastLast
Results 15,316 to 15,330 of 17030

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Dude, stop underselling us. HUNDREDS.
    Roland's real name confirmed!

DUDE!

Colony Founder
    I can make it coast better. NOt sure what you mean by power reserve. What bike, the bicycle?
    Yeah, coasting would be great for bikes and bicycles (but not uphill). Just got to remember how to break now.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    @madmole Do you know of the multiplayer bandage bug? If not, I'll explain it in the following, but first some, two basic points:

- This bug can only be replicated/utilized in multiplayer
    - This bug cannot be utilized all of the time; sometimes it works, sometimes it does not

In a multiplayer server, every so often, if you right-click to heal with a bandage in your toolbelt (that is in your hand), you won't consume the bandage (as the button was changed from right-click to left-click in A17), but occasionally, you can gain the healing buff regardless, via the bug. I only discovered this because I switch between two worlds - one in A16 and one in A17 - and as I explained above, the buttons used on the mouse for using a medical item were flipped in A16, so I discovered this bug accidentally by force of habit of using right-click. I personally don't use this exploit, but I can see a lot of people doing so, if they discover it themselves.
    You fool! Blake’s reading....!

Jk Blake

Hunter
    Also, I recently discovered that each gas pump gives 32 gas in A17. How odd...

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by NukemDed View Post
    ...you disable the option in the menu?
    I hope there are more options than just "on/off". I really don't mind zombies digging, I just think their sense and hearing ability are way too much in A17 (imo, it should be 20 blocks tops, "regular days" of course, and it could be improved through perks, such as "From the Shadows"). They should have such ability only horde nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    A vehicle mod that allows for 4-players riding together in the Jeep would be something for A19 or A20 whereas a full helicopter would probably be post gold. Timing is probably the difference between them.

Also a mod for additional passengers is actually under consideration by TFP while a full helicopter is just out loud wishful thinking on Madmole’s part here in the moment.
    I have made vehicle test mods, so we are over half way there.

Code support for x amount of passengers is already in. Someone could mod in the seats in xml and it would probably work, but I have not tested it.

I would like to add a boat. Partial code support is in for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    there are mods out there that already support up to 8 players in a 4x4 and 2 seats on MC. so I don't see the game needing that. as long as TFP continues to support mods.
    Nice. I have never looked at any mods, so ignorant on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMunchy View Post
    this would be a bug id rather not have on A18 experimental Q.Q
    We are aggressively fixing bugs at this point, so hopefully it will be fixed before exp.

Survivor
    Is there any chance the LCB offline modifier bug is among the 56 MFs left to squash? Would love to see that working as designed.
    Would love to play A18 without it, too, but still...

Colony Founder
    Hey Madmole. While I loved the new powered draw bridge triggered by a motion sensor, I wish that you used a different type of block to start the bridge. This 45 degree angle is simply too steep to work right.

No. What on earth inspires you to ruin your own experience? Cheating ruins the experience, period. You obviously realize this, because you are asking for a feature to remove console commands. Even if we did add it, you could simply restart the game with --cheats flag, and then open the console and do whatever it is you do. The only fix for this is for you to gain some self control and stop cheating, because you are the problem, not us. Its like telling a beer manufacturer to stop making beer so you can quit drinking lol.

I'm just asking for an OPTION that would have more of a concrete presence of rules where it would be hard to put in CM and do these things like changing the time for convenience sake. One reason why I don't like fast traveling in MMOs is that it breaks emersion but if that's an option I'd be an idiot not to use it. I'm not telling you to remove console command as your beer analogy implies.
    Last edited by Zombiepoptard; 1 Week Ago at 04:29 AM.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I have made vehicle test mods, so we are over half way there.

Code support for x amount of passengers is already in. Someone could mod in the seats in xml and it would probably work, but I have not tested it.

I would like to add a boat. Partial code support is in for that too.
    It is nice to have "partial code", but I don't want to scratch that feature yet. I don't see much benefit of multiple rider unless we have bigger horde support. With multiple rider it will be good to shoot down 100s of zed at once.

Also, I recently discovered that each gas pump gives 32 gas in A17. How odd...
    Ten more than 22, ten less than 42... Its obvious!

42: The meaning of life, the universe and everything!
    22: Catch 22!

So, what is between 22 ans 42?? ... ... 32!!

It all fits! I hope you understand now.
    Last edited by Aldranon; 1 Week Ago at 04:36 AM. Reason: corrected :)

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    Ten more than 22, ten less than 42... Its obvious!

44: The meaning of life, the universe and everything!
    22: Catch 22!

So, what is between 22 ans 42?? ... ... 32!!

It all fits! I hope you understand now.
    This still means that 32 is meaningless and that must be corrected.

This still means that 32 is meaningless and that must be corrected.
    It saying that life the universe and everything IS a catch 22!
    Which means, obviously, that the players character is in a coma, in New York, and when he wakes up, 7D2D PART 2 starts!

The player wakes up on the 32nd floor of New York-Presbyterian Hospital in the Weill Cornell Medical College campus, the most exclusive (Read: *secret*, where the real zombie virus started) medical school in the world!

YOU are the 32nd Patient to get the zombie virus, but have an immunity to it!
    YOU have seen the future!
    Stop the outbreak before your worst nightmare comes true!!!

Hope this helped.
    Last edited by Aldranon; 1 Week Ago at 05:12 AM. Reason: Needed to add more "!!!" :)