0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 797 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 297697747787795796797798799807847897 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,955 of 17456

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4sheetzngeegles View Post
    Faatal:

****I have an idea spawned from the front page.
    For the aggressive animals, if crouch is added to
    their eai task they could take a stalking posture
    which also affects their game stealth.

****Since they have a chance to run away, can a distanced
    arc path be added for them, to try to get behind you.
    While firing at them if slightly hurt and they dont
    run away can a path be added to avoid scope before attack.
    Sort of like the avoid mouse focus on some websites for
    sprites.
    Animals crouching would require adding animations and code to play it, while not really changing game play, since I can still see it.

A hurt animal is trying to get away, not get behind you, and if it did, you would just turn your head/body to track it. I find scope avoidance to be pretty cheesy. A human might jump around if he saw me aiming at them, but animals? My cat would stare right down the gun barrel without a clue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    like removal of tallow
    OH MY GOD HOW COULD YOU!!!
    A 17 WAS WAY BETTER!!!

BRING BACK TALLOW OR WE RIOT!!!
    WHY DO TFPs ONLY REMOVE FUN!!!
    THIS IS WHY I HATE THIS GAME!!!

and yes. Making fun of onesself is a very important lesson that needs to be learned early

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Thanks, yes there were too many difficult learn by doing "chore" activities we didn't want to force on people and difficulty balancing them. XP is a tried and true way to level going way back to D&D, the first RPG I played.
    Yeah, only recently started learning D&D in the past year (first 3.5 and lately learning 5). Getting to choose what to do with the levels is far better, even more so with multiclassing. Imagine if you could only learn to cast Fireball if you had to spend all your early sessions wasting all your magic uses casting some lame flame cantrip over and over? haha.

So with tallow removed does this mean candles can be crafted in a different way?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixshade35 View Post
    So with tallow removed does this mean candles can be crafted in a different way?
    yup... 2 simple ingredients and can craft them on your character.

after you kill something for fat that is...
    Last edited by unholyjoe; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    yup... 2 simple ingredients and can craft them on your character.

after you kill something for fat that is...
    Awesome to hear, simplifying it is a nice change, i like my candle lit base haha

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    @Modmale

Any progress on bridges in RWG? This would be amazing if you could pull it off, no biggie though if there are more important things to do.
    Yeah, I feel like most of us forgot that they showed "New RWG bridges" back in January. They're one of my most anticipated features!

I haven't seen any, and I think there would need to be some work to be shippable IMO. I'd rather we wait and get a basic stable RWG out then embellish it after all the bugs are fixed.
    So was the above just a mockup that hasn't actually been implemented?

Oh well, guess you'll just have to add ziplines to get across instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    Yeah, I feel like most of us forgot that they showed "New RWG bridges" back in January. They're one of my most anticipated features!
    Yup me too. Always wanted to make a base on a bridge, reminds me of the fallout 3. I can wait though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post

Spoiler: 

So was the above just a mockup that hasn't actually been implemented?

Oh well, guess you'll just have to add ziplines to get across instead...
    I wouldn't say it is just a mock-up. If you augment the current terrain gen to produce more water (by a lot), it will send object references, that are trying to place rwg bridges section tiles. The tiles them selves aren't really available to be placed (hence the object references) in 17.4, The map will end up building just fine, without the bridges.
    Anyhow, they were working on it at some point, is all I am saying. If it ends up getting into A18? <shrug> hope so.
    If it isn't, I hope they at least make it ,so it bypasses the need to try and place them, so the object references stop. It tends to eat up ram, when initially generating worlds, because its trying to place them.
    Last edited by Tin; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:15 AM.

Reconstructionist 4sheetzngeegles's Avatar
    Faatal: Thank you for the answer and explanation. I see your point now.

So I do have a question, when building a ramp up to the base, will it be looked into for driving vehicles up? Everytime i try my truck damages the blocks instead of simply driving up? is this intended?

Sharing containers would require a more authoritive networking solution so probably not.

Not 100% sure about the campfire. Probably get rid of the grill and do some heat exchange for faster cooking or something.
    Its possible, even with a bad internet connection using Transactions and Record Locking requiring all clients to respond every time anyone clicks on any item in a chest.

Of course, to make it better than it currently is, the server would need a large number of clients with chests that are being constantly accessed by many people.

It just sounds like someone wants the dup bug back.

I haven't seen any, and I think there would need to be some work to be shippable IMO. I'd rather we wait and get a basic stable RWG out then embellish it after all the bugs are fixed.
    With posts like this one, people might think that such feature is ready..

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixshade35 View Post
    So I do have a question, when building a ramp up to the base, will it be looked into for driving vehicles up? Everytime i try my truck damages the blocks instead of simply driving up? is this intended?
    I am glad someone mention this. It happens to bridges that are on navezgane and after a while you can no longer drive up them because they have been destroyed by the vehicles going up and down it

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gaffer View Post
    I am glad someone mention this. It happens to bridges that are on navezgane and after a while you can no longer drive up them because they have been destroyed by the vehicles going up and down it
    That's why I reinforced the bridges at Navezgane.

This does not only apply to bridges or ramps. The entrance to my base is at ground level but at the transition from the grass to the concrete blocks there is a small gap into which the vehicles always drive. That's why I put iron sheets there to make the transition smoother.