0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 1026 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 26526926976101610241025102610271028103610761126 ... LastLast
Results 15,376 to 15,390 of 17457

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    No. Zombies can't spawn out of chunk range, so if you really want a lame safe underground base, start digging down from the highest mountain peak.
    I'm one that hates underground bases as well, still though I've been telling others to do exactly what you said. Glad to know I'm not the only one that plays this game above ground

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Hey Madmole. While I loved the new powered draw bridge triggered by a motion sensor, I wish that you used a different type of block to start the bridge. This 45 degree angle is simply too steep to work right.
    I didn't know the name of the new 4 meter ramp blocks. I can redo the video for youtube once the garage door is textured, that was a quick preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiepoptard View Post
    I'm just asking for an OPTION that would have more of a concrete presence of rules where it would be hard to put in CM and do these things like changing the time for convenience sake. One reason why I don't like fast traveling in MMOs is that it breaks emersion but if that's an option I'd be an idiot not to use it. I'm not telling you to remove console command as your beer analogy implies.
    Yes you are. "Make it hard". No thanks, why should we ruin the experience for normal players who wouldn't cheat because they know it ruins their experience. I keep repeating we could make it hard, and you would still cheat, because all you would have to do is exit to the menu and enable cheats and restart the game and cheat. So no matter what we do, you will need to address your self control issues and recognize your behavior change is the feature you need.

We want to focus on bandits so we can't just do these random requests that yield no gains towards our goals.

Quote Originally Posted by kamer1337 View Post
    this is going to be fixed in A40 or probably never
    You can GTFO with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    They are crafted as "wooden furniture", not some unique snowflake block.
    Ah, but does the generic wooden furniture block have a sell price?

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    Honestly, I don't see what this "feature" has brought to the game except zombies digging through stairs and zombies bothering me when I'm mining resources.
    They are zombies, they are supposed to be bothering you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHorde View Post
    Ah, those points make sense. What wouldn't make sense is that just because I'm the admin, I get to cheat and you don't. Now watch how superior I am to you as you die to my special gaming talents!

Yes, I had a 'friend' like this back in the day.
    Happens on a lot of servers and games online. I saw it in Rust, Ark, even Quake back in the day with aim bots etc. Best option is to know the server owner so you know no shenanigans are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    I hate the idea of an end game.

You put in an ending. I reach it. The game ends. I go play something else. Sounds like a bad idea. Just for me though. I know some people love story and game ends. But not me. Story gets in the way and game ends end games. No thanks.
    I guess you missed what I wrote on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    Nice try but if A18 is released to the public then this will happen on a Monday.
    Not necessarily. I'd do a Tuesday or even a Wednesday, if the streamer weekend produced some nasty MF's.

i just lul at all the comments about disabling cheats. just play somewhere else. this game gets reset so many times ( no offense intended ) with Alpha release, bug fix patchs that make you restart, and server admins restarting servers eveyer 300day +. everyone
    just stop whining about features you need to babysit you. be a man/woman and fix it yourself by jumping servers or go SP.
    it's like MM is your mom and you cry every time you want the tit for milk.
    he's a man, there is no milk (id hope) so hush

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    They are zombies, they are supposed to be bothering you.
    MM, the ZU local 666 has contacted me again... seems they are a little disturbed as to players always criticizing what and how they do things. this is just down-right being racist and offensive to those with disabilities.

all they want to do is live a peaceful existence, when they see players they try to hug them and some want to whisper sweet nothings in their ears and even have the for breakfast lunch or dinner sometimes.. but people run, throw stuff at them, shoot at them, and run over them with vehicles.

they want equality and they want it now. even the 4k world is big enough for all to get along in.

remember, this is brought to my attention and is not my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    MM, the ZU local 666 has contacted me again... seems they are a little disturbed as to players always criticizing what and how they do things. this is just down-right being racist and offensive to those with disabilities.

all they want to do is live a peaceful existence, when they see players they try to hug them and some want to whisper sweet nothings in their ears and even have the for breakfast lunch or dinner sometimes.. but people run, throw stuff at them, shoot at them, and run over them with vehicles.

they want equality and they want it now. even the 4k world is big enough for all to get along in.

remember, this is brought to my attention and is not my opinion.
    Someone is being humorous this morning

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I have made vehicle test mods, so we are over half way there.

Code support for x amount of passengers is already in. Someone could mod in the seats in xml and it would probably work, but I have not tested it.

I would like to add a boat. Partial code support is in for that too.
    Faatal breaks content lock to sneak in a few release surprises. <--he rocks!

I can live with that!

(The bike could have better bearings for increased coasting distance, or a dim headlight.)

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    I'm one that hates underground bases as well, still though I've been telling others to do exactly what you said. Glad to know I'm not the only one that plays this game above ground
    Who says someone with an underground base just sits in his base and does nothing above ground ? In my experience, players with an underground base have an aboveground horde base where they fight the horde.

Part of my current base is also located underground. This has several advantages for me. I get the raw materials I need to build the base during construction and I don't have a problem with uneven terrain.

To counter the problem with the digging zombies, the above-ground part is surrounded by a wall and a trench filled with iron spikes. For the horde I have a separate horde base.

Quote Originally Posted by TSRViper View Post
    Landboats confirmed for A18!
    Landsharks confirmed for A19.

Candygram!