View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

    0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

    0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

    0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

    0 0%
Page 1027 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 27527927977101710251026102710281029103710771127 ... LastLast
Results 15,391 to 15,405 of 17030

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

  1. #15391
    Tracker ZombieSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    End of The Rainbow
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    Who says someone with an underground base just sits in his base and does nothing above ground ? In my experience, players with an underground base have an aboveground horde base where they fight the horde.

    Part of my current base is also located underground. This has several advantages for me. I get the raw materials I need to build the base during construction and I don't have a problem with uneven terrain.

    To counter the problem with the digging zombies, the above-ground part is surrounded by a wall and a trench filled with iron spikes. For the horde I have a separate horde base.
    That is a very good question, who is saying that indeed I wonder?

    Edit: Puzzled look on my face as i ask.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 1 Week Ago at 02:36 PM.

  2. #15392
    Inventor
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    967
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    They are zombies, they are supposed to be bothering you.
    So the zombies are like my work mates? My work mates also come over when I want to concentrate and bother me.
    Not even in the post-apocalypse you can have some peace and quiet.
    Last edited by RipClaw; 1 Week Ago at 02:50 PM.

  3. #15393
    Reconstructionist Trankitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a underwater cave with the Kraken
    Posts
    517
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    I hate the idea of an end game.

    You put in an ending. I reach it. The game ends. I go play something else. Sounds like a bad idea. Just for me though. I know some people love story and game ends. But not me. Story gets in the way and game ends end games. No thanks.
    There's no endgame, just "Main Quest End". Once you reach the main quest ending, you keep playing. Like in Fallout 4 (That's what Madmole said)

  4. #15394
    Reconstructionist spacepiggio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    I hate the idea of an end game.

    You put in an ending. I reach it. The game ends. I go play something else. Sounds like a bad idea. Just for me though. I know some people love story and game ends. But not me. Story gets in the way and game ends end games. No thanks.
    I've been sayin that from the beginning, in an apocalyptic viral Z survival game the only end game possible is a cure for the virus, every last Z is dead & civil society is re-established...
    Sounds like too much work for me, I just want to kill Z's, mine & build shhittt…
    I have been against bosses also, tougher Z's but no Freakin bosses...
    The Pimps have broken the mold on game design...
    I see no reason to Gorilla Glue the mold back together...

    There was a hint to find survivors & their outpost in the original story line that has been deleted & changed with no mention of finding a cure in 7 days or die...
    I still stick to it though...
    I still play the game Naked & Afraid in my classic Tidy Whitie's...
    Last edited by spacepiggio; 1 Week Ago at 02:49 PM.

  5. #15395
    Tracker ZombieSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    End of The Rainbow
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trankitas View Post
    There's no endgame, just "Main Quest End". Once you reach the main quest ending, you keep playing. Like in Fallout 4 (That's what Madmole said)
    I'll be the first to place a $10 bet someone out there is going to disagree with an ending to the main quest. (giggling)

  6. #15396
    Hunter Ti2xGr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Bend, Oregon
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    1
    I never really thought of features I would want associated with a Land Claim Block. Here are a few I could drum up

    LCB features wanted:

    As already discussed, possibly an actual bed as a permanent fall back spawn point.
    POIs can't be reset (for quests) if too close to a LCB (not sure if this is already a thing)
    Blocks become brittle/partial collapse of wood/weaker blocks if a base has become abandoned for more than 30 days (just wishful thinking).

    Side note: New vehicle possibility - Amphibious car. Not as fast a truck, but can float across water.

  7. #15397
    Reconstructionist Trankitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a underwater cave with the Kraken
    Posts
    517
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by spacepiggio View Post
    I've been sayin that from the beginning, in an apocalyptic viral Z survival game the only end game possible is a cure for the virus, every last Z is dead & civil society is re-established...
    Sounds like too much work for me, I just want to kill Z's, mine & build shhittt…
    I have been against bosses also, tougher Z's but no Freakin bosses...
    The Pimps have broken the mold on game design...
    I see no reason to Gorilla Glue the mold back together...
    Since they broke the mold on game desing, I want them to add zombie dinosaurs, power armors, battle royale and Trader DeVega.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    I'll be the first to place a $10 bet someone out there is going to disagrees with an ending to the main quest. (giggling)
    It wouldn't be nothing new lol. There's always a person that disagree with everything. Look at this:

    ROCKS ARE BORING

  8. #15398
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    So the zombies are like my work mates? My work mates also come over when I want to concentrate and bother me.
    Not even in the post-apocalypse you can have some peace and quiet.
    Even in the post-apocalypse there is a condition/state that provides you with peace and quiet for as long as you want. The surprising thing is that you have the power to leave that state again!

  9. #15399
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    There is no design or bugs for it. We'd like to hear (Not now) a collective list of wanted LCB features from you guys for 19 so we can finalize that.
    Thanks for the reply. We'll keep this in mind when the time is right (not now) to contribute to such a list for A19.
    Looking forward to A18 finally dropping on the unwashed masses.

  10. #15400
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,425
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    There is no design or bugs for it. We'd like to hear (Not now) a collective list of wanted LCB features from you guys for 19 so we can finalize that.
    Is there a place on this forum for Land Claim Block LCB feedback?

  11. #15401
    Inventor
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    967
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Even in the post-apocalypse there is a condition/state that provides you with peace and quiet for as long as you want. The surprising thing is that you have the power to leave that state again!
    This state is a little too boring for me.

  12. #15402
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Is there a place on this forum for Land Claim Block LCB feedback?
    I imagine @Roland could assist with that when the time is right.

  13. #15403
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,126
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    So the zombies are like my work mates? My work mates also come over when I want to concentrate and bother me.
    Not even in the post-apocalypse you can have some peace and quiet.
    You are probably one of those guys who is passive aggressive about them bothering you, they finally notice and leave you be, and then you feel lonely and invite them over and the cycle repeats.

  14. #15404
    Reconstructionist ZombieHorde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpoon View Post
    Hi ZombieHorde

    Interesting what you say about about example 2. If that is the case, they might not be actively avoiding the barb wire simply because it is barb wire, but even so, it's not great that the AI knows the block difficulty level without line of sight.
    Not great, no. But the limitations of the majority of computers, I suppose.

    Quote Originally Posted by hotpoon View Post
    In Example 1, I never went into the neighbour's house - I nerd poled up to the roof, so they weren't following scent. The neighbour's house was a sealed, untouched POI.
    Then that must have been the lowest number in the grid example I was explaining. However it's entirely possible it is a coding error. Or a coding feature and I'm not understanding it. I still think it's very clever how AI can even do these sorts of things using these tricks, though.

  15. #15405
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,126
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti2xGr View Post
    I never really thought of features I would want associated with a Land Claim Block. Here are a few I could drum up

    LCB features wanted:

    As already discussed, possibly an actual bed as a permanent fall back spawn point.
    POIs can't be reset (for quests) if too close to a LCB (not sure if this is already a thing)
    Blocks become brittle/partial collapse of wood/weaker blocks if a base has become abandoned for more than 30 days (just wishful thinking).

    Side note: New vehicle possibility - Amphibious car. Not as fast a truck, but can float across water.
    I say not to start land claim discussion and here it is.

    I'd do something like Rust's latest cupboard. You put resources in to "maintain" your blocks integrity, otherwise it starts to decay. It costs x amount based on how many blocks you have placed, so the more blocks the higher the upkeep costs. The problem with this in our game is people build towns and bridges, and creative stuff. So for it to all go away without an ongoing investment into the claim (like gas in a generator) wouldn't be good in that aspect. It would be ok for pvp, and personal bases that are abandoned from players who are vacant.

    It could be something as simple as have you logged in in the last real time 2 weeks. If so your claim works. For wilderness decay I would just do unvisited chunks reset in x time (an option, default of 30 game days). So as long as you use your precious bridge you built once every 30 game days (or anyone on the server really) it doesn't get reset. So any chunk that isn't visited for those times, gets reset when the timer runs out. This would restore cars in the wasteland, pois that have been raided, anything in unvisited space" would get restored.

    Pois do not reset if you have a land claim there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •