View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

    0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

    0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

    0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

    0 0%
Page 1029 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 29529929979101910271028102910301031103910791129 ... LastLast
Results 15,421 to 15,435 of 17030

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

  1. #15421
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    1
    @Madmole Any update on there number of MFs?

  2. #15422
    Nomad Reddevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    The dark side of the moon
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    1
    stopped in to see if alpha 18 was ready to drop. but it looks like there is still some time till its ready.

  3. #15423
    Reconstructionist Orsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    634
    Rep Power
    1
    MM, I have a question about the death penalty. 25% loss of experience is very simple for me. Will I be able to increase this value to 75% or 100% in XML in alpha 18? Or maybe we will have a setting that can change this? Thank you.

  4. #15424
    Reconstructionist ZombieHorde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    1
    Speaking of underground bases, what ever happened to the idea of having to pump air down? I was really supportive of that. A19? Not sure how they could do it, programmatically speaking, but the likes of Faatal and Kinyajuu are much more talented programmers than me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    stopped in to see if alpha 18 was ready to drop. but it looks like there is still some time till its ready.
    Should be ready tomorrow if we reeeeeeaaaally bug Madmole for it.
    Last edited by ZombieHorde; 1 Week Ago at 04:56 PM.

  5. #15425
    Scavenger Eliphas the Inheritor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake_ View Post
    That's it, Imma change ma review from extremely positive to mildy less positive than very positive.

    With all the seriousness this ridiculous subject may create, It is your job to warn the players that an online session includes an easy exploit. No policing here. At the end of the day, that's what is usually out there for multiplayer; server settings aside. Csgo for example doesn't allow console in competitive for a reason. While this game is so much more than that, I'm talking small option stuff when this is gold to ease a very substantial player base. I'm not the first to ask for this. Competitive players want this. I can get random numbers too, but 1% are 80.000 guys with this game, you know this is about right.


    Disclaimer:

    You insist on the Self control thing, let me throw this out there:

    I'm pretty self controlled guy when It comes to gaming . But funny fact so you see how things are: I play with such a micromanaging and perfectionist technique that I've been asked A LOT of times : żdid u spammed something? by many different players. Unfair and Ego damaging in a game with SCORE. Hell, it even happens with your own testers in the stream and you still insist this is not such a big problem.

    I know YOU personally also like the feeling of being a pro between your keen. That's why Multiplayer games exist, to be something you are not in real life, to share and socialize, to be thrilled together. Not to argue together.

    Why do you need EAC I wonder? Do you like wasting money? the default game allows cheats but doesn't allow cheats? Explain.

    The setting would be extremely easy to implement and it would do more good than bad.

    I look forward to your insight on this Ego thing.
    Find another game kid, this ain't for you if you complain about such a stupid thing. Find a server with a good admin that doesn't cheat or host your own server. This game isn't CS:GO, isn't competitive so just be quiet because, as you can see, Madmoles doesn't care, neither do we. A lot of players already laughed at your ideology.

    As I said, either you find another server or another game. This ain't for you...and don't think that a bad review will make them change their idea or our idea about your topic. EAC is to stop hacks, because in the past there were lots of hacks that had nothing to do with cheat menu.

    I am around since Alpha 1 and played a lot on multiplayer servers with Tunngle when I was in highschool and couldn't buy the game, because of living with my parents that didn't feel the need to give me money for a game...and those hacks had nothing to do with what was already in the game. If you don't know about what you're talking, then don't talk, you're embarrassing yourself even further.

  6. #15426
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,126
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Armor9 View Post
    @Madmole Any update on there number of MFs?
    Ummmm end of yesterday vs beginning of today = no change probably.

  7. #15427
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,126
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHorde View Post
    Speaking of underground bases, what ever happened to the idea of having to pump air down? I was really supportive of that. A19? Not sure how they could do it, programmatically speaking, but the likes of Faatal and Kinyajuu are much more talented programmers than me.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Should be ready tomorrow if we reeeeeeaaaally but Madmole for it.
    Maybe down the road, right now we have content lock and MF's.

  8. #15428
    Nomad Reddevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    The dark side of the moon
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    1
    I see MF's and i can only think of mother fu..ers

  9. #15429
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliphas the Inheritor View Post
    Find another game kid, this ain't for you if you complain about such a stupid thing. Find a server with a good admin that doesn't cheat or host your own server. This game isn't CS:GO, isn't competitive so just be quiet because, as you can see, Madmoles doesn't care, neither do we. A lot of players already laughed at your ideology.

    As I said, either you find another server or another game. This ain't for you...and don't think that a bad review will make them change their idea or our idea about your topic. EAC is to stop hacks, because in the past there were lots of hacks that had nothing to do with cheat menu.

    I am around since Alpha 1 and played a lot on multiplayer servers with Tunngle when I was in highschool and couldn't buy the game, because of living with my parents that didn't feel the need to give me money for a game...and those hacks had nothing to do with what was already in the game. If you don't know about what you're talking, then don't talk, you're embarrassing yourself even further.
    Thx for calling me kid. in my 30s now but younger than ever. Made my day.

  10. #15430
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    I see MF's and i can only think of mother fu..ers
    is that not what it refers too... have i been reading that wrong the hole time

  11. #15431
    Reconstructionist Trankitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a underwater cave with the Kraken
    Posts
    517
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake_ View Post
    Thx for calling me kid. in my 30s now but younger than ever. Made my day.
    You're a baby, baby.

  12. #15432
    Scavenger Eliphas the Inheritor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake_ View Post
    Thx for calling me kid. in my 30s now but younger than ever. Made my day.
    I don't care how old you are, if you still behave and think like a kid you will remain a kid no matter at what age you are. I know 30 years old guys that haven't grown up a bit, stop whining like a kid and grow up. Isn't enough that Madmole and many other players including myself already told you to stop insisting and laughed at your idea?

    Come on, if you think you're right and the rest 99% of us (including Devs) are wrong, you got a problem. Find another game or grow up. Go play competitive CS:GO.
    Last edited by Eliphas the Inheritor; 1 Week Ago at 04:58 PM.

  13. #15433
    Arch Necromancer Morloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Spread'n your ankles...
    Posts
    1,413
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpoon View Post
    ...it's not great that the AI knows the block difficulty level without line of sight.

    In Example 1, I never went into the neighbour's house - I nerd poled up to the roof, so they weren't following scent. The neighbour's house was a sealed, untouched POI.

    Would it be nicer if the zombies initially just chose a straight line approach to you, and if you continued to agro them (shooting from a rooftop for example) there'd be a change that some zombies would seek another path taking into account more direct or easier routes?

    I don't think that'd add to CPU # crunching since the zombies would initially be using a simpler AI and would only later (potentially) switch to the current AI.


    -Morloc

  14. #15434
    Inventor Bubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Olympus
    Posts
    768
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid74 View Post
    Landboats are all fun and games until the damn Landsharks show up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    Landsharks confirmed for A19. Candygram!


  15. #15435
    Nomad
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    375
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Ummmm end of yesterday vs beginning of today = no change probably.
    I founded it, thanks.

    #of MFs - 56
    Last edited by Armor9; 1 Week Ago at 05:07 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •