as I got the server to run natively including Steam features I was wondering if it would also work for the client ... And yes, it does
It does not really run smooth on my Linux machine, but it only has Intel integrated graphics as it's a machine for working. So I think it should run smoother with a proper graphics adapter.
Thanks to DerPopo for the Linux engine files!
So what do you have to do in order to run it?
1. Get the archive containing the Linux files: http://illy.bz/fi/7dtd/7dtd_client_linux_unity45.tar.gz
2. Make sure you have the 32 Bit SteamworksManaged.dll from Install/32Bit/ in 7DaysToDie_Data/Managed/
3. Unpack it to the root of your 7dtd installation (copy from Windows or get it with SteamCMD)
4. Make sure the Steam client is running
5. Run the game by launching _RunLinux_.sh
If everything's went fine you should get to the main menu. If not ... well, there's something going wrong
Send me the Player.log found in ~/.config/unity3d/The Fun Pimps/7 Days To Die/Player.log.