Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yall gona try to launch A18 during Borderlands 3?

Played the hell from borderlands 1 on pc. Tried 2 on ps4, but didn't feel it well enough. I'd say gameplay was similar, so for me it wasn't that much revolution. Seen a few trailers for 3, but am not that much hyped to play it. Got other games to occupy my time.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Khulkhuum View Post
    Played the hell from borderlands 1 on pc. Tried 2 on ps4, but didn't feel it well enough. I'd say gameplay was similar, so for me it wasn't that much revolution. Seen a few trailers for 3, but am not that much hyped to play it. Got other games to occupy my time.
    Loved 1. 2 was not bad, but not real original either. The Pre-Sequel was interesting, but that's really all I can say about it. Did not like the story-mode games at all. Have hopes for 3, but not shelling out money for it for a while.

Refugee
    BL3 out on Steam already? No? Then it aint out yet. Got months to wait for it to release. Hopefully not that long for A18.

Quote Originally Posted by Orclover View Post
    BL3 out on Steam already? No? Then it aint out yet. Got months to wait for it to release. Hopefully not that long for A18.
    Supporting Epic will only make Steam that much better. Improvement and customer winning only comes through healthy competition.

Of course, never buy games new myself as I love a solid bargain and usually have plenty to play until the next game I want goes on the cheap. But I wouldnít wait for BL3 if I wanted it just for It to come to Steam. In fact, Iíll buy it from Epic in 2-3 years when Iím ready to play it for the bargain I want....

Hunter
    agree with ST's analysis of BL franchise. do not think BL3 will deliver the fun. meanwhile 7d has given me fun everytime (some less than others, naturally)

Reconstructionist
    What's Borderlands?

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Supporting Epic will only make Steam that much better. Improvement and customer winning only comes through healthy competition.
    Generally I agree, but artificially creating exclusives with a big payoff isn't healthy competition IMO. At least they are only timed exclusives so far, so as somebody who usually waits a year after release before buying a game anyway I can't get too upset about it.

Of course, never buy games new myself as I love a solid bargain and usually have plenty to play until the next game I want goes on the cheap. But I wouldn’t wait for BL3 if I wanted it just for It to come to Steam. In fact, I’ll buy it from Epic in 2-3 years when I’m ready to play it for the bargain I want....
    I don't agree with this at all, supporting epic for good competition for steam is like supporting starting new wars constantly for peace.
    With how epic is dealing with things, developers win, but us, players, always lose.

Imagine if supermarkets suddenly went for "exclusive" basic products, like you can buy vegetables in X market, but bread is Y exclusive.
    I can't support that "competition" and I never will.

Would Epic really gave a crap, they wouldn't go for exclusives, but for cheaper games since their cut is lower, however, despite that being used as an argument by both, developers and epic, we all know by now it was just a marketing bull♥♥♥♥ as games on epic cost as much as they were meant to cost on steam - as I have said, in that conflict player always loses.

We, the players are completely irrelevant when a big bag of cash is handed to devs, so I will voice my disagreement the only way that's being heard, by ignoring existence of epic, regardless of releases and staying on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    Imagine if supermarkets suddenly went for "exclusive" basic products, like you can buy vegetables in X market, but bread is Y exclusive.
    Supermarkets already do exclusives. Your example of only 1 store selling vegetables is wrong. Thats like saying only Steam can sell 1st person shooter games. That clearly wont happen. In grocery stores, there IS exclusive brands, including store owned and store sponsered brands you most likely have bought without realizing.

One grocery chain in my area had their own brand of frozen buffalo wings (exclusive to them) that I throw on the grill. They are so damn good I go there for that reason.
    Last edited by SnowDog1942; 2 Days Ago at 11:37 AM.

Of course, never buy games new myself as I love a solid bargain and usually have plenty to play until the next game I want goes on the cheap. But I wouldn’t wait for BL3 if I wanted it just for It to come to Steam. In fact, I’ll buy it from Epic in 2-3 years when I’m ready to play it for the bargain I want....
    The problem is I dont want to have my games across 4 launchers, I want just 1 library. Same reason I passed on google+ when I already had facebook.

Nevertheless, Im getting bl3 on EPIC games, it's frikin borderlands. But it makes me dislike an awesome company a bit bc of the exclusives bll♥♥♥♥. Leave that crap for consoles

Refugee
    In fact, I’ll buy it from Epic in 2-3 years when I’m ready to play it for the bargain I want....
    If you're waiting 2 - 3 years, I'm guessing it'll be an Epic free game of the week by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmers View Post
    Generally I agree, but artificially creating exclusives with a big payoff isn't healthy competition IMO. At least they are only timed exclusives so far, so as somebody who usually waits a year after release before buying a game anyway I can't get too upset about it.
    They are trying to carve out a piece of the pie. You can't blame them for using what they can to grow their market share. Anytime competition grows it is better for the customers. Yes, it is annoying to have exclusive but its not like they are different platforms. It's literally just two different icons to click on your desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    I don't agree with this at all, supporting epic for good competition for steam is like supporting starting new wars constantly for peace.
    With how epic is dealing with things, developers win, but us, players, always lose.
    This is business not geopolitical conflicts. Epic is dealing with things to establish themselves in the marketplace. They are the new kid on the block and have to make exclusive deals to get new customers to start a library with their service. They will have sales and deals of the week and bundles as well that will benefit customers. It won't always be all exclusives other than their own games most likely. Is Portal 2 on Epic? Haven't checked....

Would Epic really gave a crap, they wouldn't go for exclusives, but for cheaper games since their cut is lower, however, despite that being used as an argument by both, developers and epic, we all know by now it was just a marketing bull♥♥♥♥ as games on epic cost as much as they were meant to cost on steam - as I have said, in that conflict player always loses.

We, the players are completely irrelevant when a big bag of cash is handed to devs, so I will voice my disagreement the only way that's being heard, by ignoring existence of epic, regardless of releases and staying on steam.
    Those supermarket examples are pretty extra. Borderlands 3 doesn't equate to "vegetables" or "bread". It might equate to one type of vegetable or one brand of bread. Epic cares about establishing themselves at this point and that takes some tempting exclusive titles. They will also have other deals that are very customer friendly as well. Epic games are going to be the cheapest-- even free at times just like Valve games are the cheapest-- even free at times. 3rd Party games will have sales, deals, bundles, etc

Quote Originally Posted by tricorius View Post
    If you're waiting 2 - 3 years, I'm guessing it'll be an Epic free game of the week by then.
    I exaggerated...I usually am happy to pay for a good game once it hits $30 or less. I get tempted by No Man's Sky every time it goes 50% off but my gut tells me as soon as I pull the trigger they'll do a 70% sale...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kalarro View Post
    The problem is I dont want to have my games across 4 launchers, I want just 1 library. Same reason I passed on google+ when I already had facebook.

Nevertheless, Im getting bl3 on EPIC games, it's frikin borderlands. But it makes me dislike an awesome company a bit bc of the exclusives bll♥♥♥♥. Leave that crap for consoles
    I felt the same way about digital movie services. We had movies across 2-3 different services thanks to using a code when buying a DVD, or purchasing off of Prime, etc. then Movies Everywhere came out and it consolidated our library into one. I bet it won't be long until a utility is available that will be able to merge your game library from whatever source. Probably already exists....

Hunter
    Iím going to play bl3. I loved bl2 a lot and bl3 is going to be a lot better than it. More guns more variety, better late game, better combat, more quality of life too.