Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New blocky terrain

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Eagle LXIX View Post
    I still say the best solution for the people too lazy to take the time to learn to mine in 7.5 would have been to just give an optional setting to have tool have a targeting outline for the block they would be impacting. Then we could have kept our smooth terrain and they wouldn't have to learn how to aim at a block.
    Yea well said +1

Quote Originally Posted by Red Eagle LXIX View Post
    I still say the best solution for the people too lazy to take the time to learn to mine in 7.5 would have been to just give an optional setting to have tool have a targeting outline for the block they would be impacting. Then we could have kept our smooth terrain and they wouldn't have to learn how to aim at a block.
    ^^this

People complained about diamonds, but really once you built with them enough and figured out how they worked, it was pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Genebris View Post
    Double this.
    Triple this.

guys calm down it clearly a small problem. they need to set the building blocks in order to make the game its just that the system there going for is pretty complex, having voxels and meshes together with also a smoothing pass isn't easy they have to write and rewrite a lot of code in order to get things working in a new system from the last it is only a matter of time and patients!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    As I said in the announcement thread, the change we made only reflects what digging or mining might look like in the near future, the upper terrain will look natural and smooth and not have steps or look blocky at all when it is completed.
    I enjoy your game very much and love to see it progress. But please don't let mining look like this in the future. Sure you can make flat surfaces with on hole now. But man, it doesn't hold the same astetics. If we dug two holes in 7.5 we had what we have in 7.6. PLEASE NO MORE MINECRAFT CLONING. Blocky caves are not natural and must be achieved with more work.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRahx View Post
    I enjoy your game very much and love to see it progress. But please don't let mining look like this in the future. Sure you can make flat surfaces with on hole now. But man, it doesn't hold the same astetics. If we dug two holes in 7.5 we had what we have in 7.6. PLEASE NO MORE MINECRAFT CLONING. Blocky caves are not natural and must be achieved with more work.
    Agree! Smooth Terrain should be below the ground too. THIS looks awful now!

Hey guys,
    We tried to please some people who had trouble mining but we are going to revert to the 7.5 style terrain, and then make it beautiful in a few weeks after the colliders are in. We will try something else to help people from being disoriented. This will come in a quick patch pretty soon along with any other small bugs that have cropped up.

Many thanks, keep it up

Hey guys,
    We tried to please some people who had trouble mining but we are going to revert to the 7.5 style terrain, and then make it beautiful in a few weeks after the colliders are in. We will try something else to help people from being disoriented. This will come in a quick patch pretty soon along with any other small bugs that have cropped up.
    Glad to hear it. Thanks for the news.

Hey guys,
    Can we get emotes in 7dtd so I can do a /bow?

Hey guys,

Thank you so much, despite it being the first attempt at smoothing the ground me and my friend thought it looked awesome and we can't wait for the newer additions of the smoothing.

Sorry if the community was making too much noise about the change but honestly the 7.5 ground was so much greater than the current it sucked to find out how blocky the world looked again.

It brought back the horrible memories of leaping up hills while being chased by zombies lol.

Hey guys,
    Thank you. (rubs hands together and does Mr. Burns impression) Excellent.

Hey guys,
    Thanks Mad mole we all greatly appreciate you guys listen to both camps and allow us our day in court to present our cases, so long as you treat everything we say as just feedback(not just us whining) i think combined with you guys steering the ship(making the judgement calls) it will serve 7d2d well.
    Last edited by Cowwie; 03-17-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Hey guys,
    Madmole, I am printing this out and taping it my bathroom mirror because I need to read things like this in the morning that bring joy and happiness to my heart! I know you guys are working hard to make everyone happy and I hope it doesn't drive you all nuts. Happy Day!!!!