• Stream Event -> A17-E Released

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: Sept 15

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: Sept 15

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
Page 842 of 2252 FirstFirst ... 34274279283284084184284384485289294213421842 ... LastLast
Results 12,616 to 12,630 of 33777

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by Zadwanaa View Post
    so many other games have an option to toggle Health bars. why punish the ones (myself included) who want hp bars.

although, there seems to be people here who feel that they don't have opinions, they have facts
    I've not seen one person argue that the HP bar should be taken out instead of optional. People have stated they don't like them but I've not seen a single post where someone suggested there be a toggle for them and someone saying "No, not good enough. Take them away from everyone."

Reconstructionist
    So 25 hardcore players signed up on the forums with 1000's of hours of gameplay hate the health bars, so that MUST mean that everyone hates them right?

#vocalminority

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    So 25 hardcore players signed up on the forums with 1000's of hours of gameplay hate the health bars, so that MUST mean that everyone hates them right?

#vocalminority
    So?
    a) Never noticed anyone say that "everyone" hates them.
    b) I'm sure TFP understands the forums are a small subset of their customers and are capable of picking and choosing ideas they like and don't like.
    c) Just because you are in the vocal minority doesn't mean you should stop being vocal about something you feel strongly about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike06 View Post
    Spoiler: 
    1. The "red" dot sight sucks big time. Last time I saw something that bad was some freeware game in 1999.
    For one it is not red.
    More importantly dot itself jumps around when shot while the sight itself and gun stays completely level.

Dear pimps, you are spending tens of thousands on mocap on zombie animation could you please buy one $200 airsoft gun toy for you office.
    So your animator and devs could once in their life see what real (well fake) physical gun looks like.

2. The HP bar sucks even more. Damn it is stupid and childish.

3. Still no hordes in the game. I for one want to see 1000+ zombie hordes in this game.

These are rough work in progress videos. They do not represent finished work. The HP bar is being used for testing in order to see a visual of damage inflicted as they work on weapons. Whether it remains for the finished game is undecided. The developers know about all the reactions and suggestions that have been made regarding having enemy HP bars in the game.

1000+ zombie hordes = wild unrealistic expectations.

Scavenger
    It would be awesome if the number of hitpoints information in the healthbar was gated behind a perk, that allows seing both armor and health by number, like the "living anatomy" perk in Fallout New Vegas.
    Last edited by Blake_; 03-12-2018 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Typos and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Blake_ View Post
    It would be awesome if the number of hitpoints information in the healthbar was gated behind a perk, that allows seing both armor and health by number, like the "living anatomy" perk in Fallout New Vegas.
    Every indicator on the HUD should be gated behind some sort of enhanced perception perk. That way you start the game with a completely invisible HUD but purchase whatever you want to appear. Instead of a free toggle in the options menu make people PAY for their options.

#Muwahahahahahaha

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Every indicator on the HUD should be gated behind some sort of enhanced perception perk. That way you start the game with a completely invisible HUD but purchase whatever you want to appear. Instead of a free toggle in the options menu make people PAY for their options.

#Muwahahahahahaha
    LOL that makes sense.They should also gate chickens. That would instantly add animal taming to the game. It's a win win situation.

#chickenquestfinallydone

Reconstructionist
    1000+ zombie hordes = wild unrealistic expectations.
    I would have to disagree, I could build a gaming rig that could handle a load like that no problem, of course it would be over $5,000 USD and most people can't afford a rig like that, so your point is mostly valid. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
    I would have to disagree, I could build a gaming rig that could handle a load like that no problem, of course it would be over $5,000 USD and most people can't afford a rig like that, so your point is mostly valid. :P
    1000+ zombies alive at the same time in a fully voxel world? I'm still skeptical

Reconstructionist

#Muwahahahahahaha
    Or start with them all and have perks to disable them and attain this ridiculous concept of "immersion"

1000+ zombies alive at the same time in a fully voxel world? I'm still skeptical
    I'm not even skeptical. I say no chance.

Scavenger
    When I want more ai, I generally disable iterations of any that are too far from any players to be witnessed. The trick is to know that your number of players is going to be low enough to iterate through them instead of the ai, and do some kind of radius check to re-enable any disabled ai within range of players. Then enabled ai can simply check their distance from each player to see if they need to disable. You also do not need to run this check all at once, nor each frame, so it can be pretty low overhead.

Edit:
    This would allow for more persistent ai, but not more in one area, nor more enabled at one time.
    Last edited by uowaep; 03-12-2018 at 10:38 PM.

I tried to ignore a screamer once...but then hotel security showed up and it was rather embarrassing...

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomaana View Post
    I'm not even skeptical. I say no chance.
    This... the collision and physics calculations alone would cause a meltdown.

Colony Founder

#Muwahahahahahaha
    We could start with time. Find or have a watch.