• 2) Look down the left side of the screen and find My Settings

0 0%
  • 3) Click on Steam Account Link in the My Settings menu

0 0%
  • 4) Follow the directions to link your forum account to your Steam account

0 0%
  • 5) Look at images triumphantly

0 0%
Page 834 of 2988 FirstFirst ... 33473478482483283383483583684488493413341834 ... LastLast
Results 12,496 to 12,510 of 44814

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
    I would have to disagree, I could build a gaming rig that could handle a load like that no problem, of course it would be over $5,000 USD and most people can't afford a rig like that, so your point is mostly valid. :P
    No. No you couldn't. Even a 16-core, overclocked machine with 128GB or more of RAM would straight up buckle under all the AI it has to handle AND all the physics at the same time.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaineGB View Post
    No. No you couldn't. Even a 16-core, overclocked machine with 128GB or more of RAM would straight up buckle under all the AI it has to handle AND all the physics at the same time.
    How do you know that?

Colony Founder
    Is it possible to (group) voxels together. Soil for example could be grouped in a 3x3x3 cube making it one big voxel. So if something damages it then it starts to buckle but only in the direction of the damage. So if one voxel gets hit then it caves and the other voxels shape around the first one. Much the same as digging a hole in real life.

Originally Posted by KhaineGB
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    How do you know that?
    Off the top of my head: Unity (or any game engine currently) isn't developed to use all that hardware optimally.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
    I would have to disagree, I could build a gaming rig that could handle a load like that no problem, of course it would be over $5,000 USD and most people can't afford a rig like that, so your point is mostly valid. :P
    If the zombies are turned down to 2D stick figures with zero animation, sure maybe. Or maybe just a text in the corner that says "There's a horde of 1000 zombies in front of you. Press A to attack, Press S to run, Press D to accidentally drop you weapon"

Plus $5K won't get you much these days with BitCoin miners driving the cost of GPUs up and RAM seems to keep rising in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    To turn it off you have multiple options like 9mm, 7.62mm, clubs... =)
    i hear looking at the sky works too lol....

- - - Updated - - -

Hey thanks man. You just made a lot of people happy here.
    You are mistaken. All Roland did was pass along the message lol..

Is it possible to (group) voxels together. Soil for example could be grouped in a 3x3x3 cube making it one big voxel. So if something damages it then it starts to buckle but only in the direction of the damage. So if one voxel gets hit then it caves and the other voxels shape around the first one. Much the same as digging a hole in real life.
    Yes, but that's something that would have to be baked in from the start, but it wasn't (sub-voxels, so to speak). Wait for beta, they'll get clever and optimize the hell out of things, then we'll see what's possible.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    Yes, but that's something that would have to be baked in from the start, but it wasn't (sub-voxels, so to speak). Wait for beta, they'll get clever and optimize the hell out of things, then we'll see what's possible.
    I think I already have.

I seen other games that appear to use this.
    The results are that it makes the game look less clunky and more smooth.

It might be possible for TFP's to group them but it will take some reworking of the code. It really depends on what they want to do and what they can afford to do.
    Last edited by sillls; 03-13-2018 at 03:55 AM.

Ranger
    funny reading this thread, half of time TFP team is telling they are just "in production video" and can be final or not. Why is it hard for new user to understand.

I can feel TFP team sometime thing of closing this thread due to frustration of same thing been asked again and again.

For red bar, I really don't care, I am sure some modder (counting on SMX) will remove it or make it thin, if TFP leave it. I don't see an issue with thin bar, The fun of game is to Build and protect for horde. So yes, I do love to see bigger horde not 50 alive at time, but instead of 1-2 coming it keep coming 7-8 at time and when you left with 4-5 alive more will come, so it swing between say 4 - 12 at a time after initial rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Hmm. I wonder if anyone has tried marketing random gen maps, yet.
    I think "My Game4" is worth 50 cents.

Make your checks payable to: "Al wants a Bentley".

Refugee

Don't remove guns parts please!

Sorry my English is not so great.
    (i don't really know about this website but i do know i live for this game and i never gave up on it or you guys who create it)
    This game is so incredible good i didn't put my money S.A.D or any other zombie games because this game is one of a kind
    the guns parts are great and its fun to learn how to make guns and switching them with other parts.

Please, Please don't remove the guns parts and other feature this game already has this is perfect and its only game that put me in apocalypse world.

Me one won't convince you guys but i have to try to to tell you guys to keep it in.

By the way 10 out of 10 with the bike,bicycle,off road car and the helicopter pulse animations guys those feature were required from long time and i am glad you put it in and i hoping you guys add in more in the game.
    I am with this game for 100% like my bible.

Gritty bible

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyajuu View Post
    I added the numbers to test damage amounts without having to use Debug Logs. That's not something meant for players.

Also, stop with the health bar stuff. Regardless of if it goes to public, it helps me with testing.

I could just not show any update videos then you guys won't have to look at it as often.
    Hey man, my critique was about the numbers present/visible on the health bars, not on the video itself Good to hear those values will not show up in the player version.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    So 25 hardcore players signed up on the forums with 1000's of hours of gameplay hate the health bars, so that MUST mean that everyone hates them right?

#vocalminority
    I don't like the health bar as well, even though I'm usually very critical of the game, and I don't have 1000's of hours. That makes me a super-special minority!

Speaking of minorities..

Is there anyone else here on the forum who regards him/her-self as being active on the forum, even though he/she hasn't played the game since September/October (more-or-less)?