• Stream Event -> A17-E Released

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: Sept 15

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: Sept 15

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
Page 846 of 2252 FirstFirst ... 34674679683684484584684784885689694613461846 ... LastLast
Results 12,676 to 12,690 of 33776

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

I have been reading this thread since the beginning and often felt like posting something, but never have for fear of saying something silly and being mocked for all eternity. But now I got my big boy pants on, I believe Guppy calls them diapers, and I am ready join in on the insanity that is the A17 Dev Diary.

From my studies, it appears my first post must be to either whine/complain about how the changes in A17 are not living up to my expectations and that the devs are wasting all their time because I am butt hurt or to ask if there is an update on the release date. Since SnowDog cleary has that first part covered, I will go with the latter.

So...Any updates on a release date for A17?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Id rather them take longer on A17 and add compelling content/features like bandits, revamped AI, & underground Zeds/threats

All this time for even the best announced features...like gun mods and more vehicles is meh
    I'd rather have a robust buff system that gives us many features and freedoms like being able to mod guns, and having the vehicle physics overhauled so we can have more vehicles.

At least they didn't spend this time putting in a couple of NPCs that can shoot at you or dirt zombies....meh.

Your idea of compelling content is different than others. I see the AI fixes and one new digging zombie a tiny improvement compared to what they are actually doing with the buff system, physics, xml ID, Quest system, dungeon pois, and the mocap.

Quote Originally Posted by qprophet View Post
    I have been reading this thread since the beginning and often felt like posting something, but never have for fear of saying something silly and being mocked for all eternity. But now I got my big boy pants on, I believe Guppy calls them diapers, and I am ready join in on the insanity that is the A17 Dev Diary.

From my studies, it appears my first post must be to either whine/complain about how the changes in A17 are not living up to my expectations and that the devs are wasting all their time because I am butt hurt or to ask if there is an update on the release date. Since SnowDog cleary has that first part covered, I will go with the latter.

Sorry art. This guy has you beat on Nonparticipant Forum Stalker Prime Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Can someone start a good argument please? How will I get through the rest of my day without a few wall of text rants to peruse?
    Terminator 2 is the greatest Sci-Fi movie of all time.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Terminator 2 is the greatest Sci-Fi movie of all time.
    it is true, what we rant about it ? Rant will be JL movie is best super hero movie :P

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Gazz is the Original Troll. Make no mistake. =)
    That's why we nicknamed him Miss Steak. Some days he's well done, some days he's raw, but most days he's gender confused.

Maybe not that last part, but still.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar

Either "when it's ready" or "the devs have abanonded the game". Choose. Your. Side.

Either "when it's ready" or "the devs have abanonded the game". Choose. Your. Side.
    I am pretty much of the opinion, It has been a great game and I have had more than enough enjoyment when playing. If it were to stop now or go gold I would still be happy with the results. Anything added from here on, whether it be "Amazing" or a "Groundbreaking change" is welcomed and appreciated.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    But then this at the very least cuts in half the need to create more arrows. So while cool its another feature that eliminates the need to gather and craft. Although I am sure the gaming experts around here will let me know how wrong I am for having that opinion.

Which proves the old theory that the more devs and programmers you throw at a project, the more complicated it becomes. Plus that guy is super passionate and committed. He recently quit his full time job JUST to work on the game, which I think speaks very well for the future of that game. The Hunters in that game are exemplary and VERy fun to deal with. Hopefully we see something similar if Bandits make it in here.
    Oh how I dream - Have bandits like the hunters - build their own base over time, have to fight the zombies, retaliatory attacks on your base....

Banned

how dare you asking release dates? we dont like your kind around here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikee View Post
    how dare you asking release dates? we dont like your kind around here!
    We don't like any kinds around here. We're all nasty people that wish the world would go full apocalypse.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    We don't like any kinds around here. We're all nasty people that wish the world would go full apocalypse.
    I would love a zombie apocolypse to happen in real life, it helps with immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    I would love a zombie apocolypse to happen in real life, it helps with immersion.
    It is happening, they all stare in a small retrangular shaped device, sucking useless information to avoid other people.
    I just hope the apocalypce does not invole zombies depending only by a display turned on. It will be pretty boring apocalypce.

Hi. My name is guppy, and I post without playing.
    Hiiiiiiii Guppy!
    My name is Ouch and I am a forum poster without playing!

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I am pretty much of the opinion, It has been a great game and I have had more than enough enjoyment when playing. If it were to stop now or go gold I would still be happy with the results. Anything added from here on, whether it be "Amazing" or a "Groundbreaking change" is welcomed and appreciated.
    I know, right?

...although I truly get peoples opinions on this (that they paid for a game with x features, and despite their 2k hours they want what they paid for), I'm with you... I paid pennies on the hour for entertainment that's still keeping me going, even if all I'm doing is modding.