• 2) Look down the left side of the screen and find My Settings

0 0%
  • 3) Click on Steam Account Link in the My Settings menu

0 0%
  • 4) Follow the directions to link your forum account to your Steam account

0 0%
  • 5) Look at images triumphantly

0 0%
Page 822 of 3024 FirstFirst ... 32272277281282082182282382483287292213221822 ... LastLast
Results 12,316 to 12,330 of 45356

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

If anyone wants more danger underground just stand under your entrance shaft with the hatch open on horde night...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    If anyone wants more danger underground just stand under your entrance shaft with the hatch open on horde night...
    I actually did that once...by accident. Still no danger. All they did was go up and down the ladder. They couldn't seem to find the will to actually attack me.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    I actually did that once...by accident. Still no danger. All they did was go up and down the ladder. They couldn't seem to find the will to actually attack me.
    lol, can see it now...horde of zombies just climbing up and down a ladder. I guess you could have just started picking them off like those revolving duck targets you see so much in movies and cartoons.

Scavenger
    If oxygen supply was a survival issue, it might not be so easy to camp out underground (especially with campfires, forges, and chem stations). Players could be given the option to build ventilation to compensate, and *could* run into issues such as zombies getting clogged inside of it, thus encouraging the player to visit the surface from time to time.

The radiation , combined with the virus , mutate underground fungus into killing machines...

Alice_finds_the_Mushroom_King_by_Davesrightmind.jpg

Or...simpler but not nearly as fun...the radiated virus infested fungus generate toxic spores that have to be filtered or eventually will kill an underground living player...unless they head to the surface for a certain amount of time to recover...

Ranger
    underground can be make interesting by adding Environmental hazards there. like iron chuck or coal chunk they can make a uranium chunk, if someone dig there it radiation, and destroy that chunk will be like 15000 hit point. It will be effective if it appear more than at least diamond chunk.

Similarly we can make underground gas leak from bedrock, so if you are say in 15 block radius of that you can experience uncertain urge in gas leak result in poisoning etc to player.

For POI, they should not be random room, yes I do expect random Wall safe other than other random stuff already done or added. having random container or night stands in POI is welcome as well.

Digging down through rock..you could would have a Radon problem . Introduce a 2x2 ventilation system at a certain depth that a zombie(s) can get into and gain access too you. There are no digging threats being introduced so you need something to make it not boring.. living underground. Every 10 blocks needs a turn so zombies aren't dying on the way down .

The underground dwellers will be requesting a mole machine to dig next...now that gyrocopters are being added..
    Another way to avoid the zombies.

Coughs* VIDEO * Coughs

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by lkblaze View Post
    lol.Reminds me of the three stooges.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid74 View Post
    The radiation , combined with the virus , mutate underground fungus into killing machines...

Or...simpler but not nearly as fun...the radiated virus infested fungus generate toxic spores that have to be filtered or eventually will kill an underground living player...unless they head to the surface for a certain amount of time to recover...
    I like these ideas they are a creative solution to a glaring problem, there needs to be underground threats that make living underground dangerous/hazardous.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid74 View Post

Well.... Mining is out. lol

But really, the second idea was pretty good.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    Digging down through rock..you could would have a Radon problem . Introduce a 2x2 ventilation system at a certain depth that a zombie(s) can get into and gain access too you. There are no digging threats being introduced so you need something to make it not boring.. living underground. Every 10 blocks needs a turn so zombies aren't dying on the way down .

The underground dwellers will be requesting a mole machine to dig next...now that gyrocopters are being added..
    Another way to avoid the zombies.

Coughs* VIDEO * Coughs
    Guess it's only a matter of time before someone "need" more airborn hazards then.

so excited about the new stag. cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by Kattla View Post
    Guess it's only a matter of time before someone "need" more airborn hazards then.
    Flying cows. Problem solved.

Or chickens with choppers.

Reconstructionist A Nice Cup of Tea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Flying cows. Problem solved.

Fire spittin' dragons, a no-go?