View Poll Results: Alpha 17

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A17-E will be released as soon as the issues are solved and the showstopping bugs fixed.

    0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • Feat Freeze -> Hitler Vid -> MM gameplay

    0 0%
  • -> Spider Meme -> Stream Blitz ->

    0 0%
  • -> Release Candidate -> A17-E

    0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: August 10

    0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: July 25

    0 0%
  • -----------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

    0 0%
Page 1227 of 1806 FirstFirst ... 227727112711771217122512261227122812291237127713271727 ... LastLast
Results 18,391 to 18,405 of 27088

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

  1. #18391
    Colony Founder JaxTeller718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ravenhearst
    Posts
    3,561
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSlayerGM View Post
    Forum users are a subset of the total population of players of this game.
    However there is no reason to believe that such sample of players does not represent fairly correctly the preferences of the whole group.
    I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that this forum does NOT represent the feelings of the general 7 Days player. Not by a long shot. While our presence here does in fact mean we are MORE informed than the casual player, it doesn't mean we speak for them. Just have a look at the Facebook for the game, or the Twitter responses. Most people know nothing of xml, or how optimisations are happening. They just load vanilla and have at it. There are more than a few who do not even KNOW mods exist, likewise since I run my mod from Discord now there are players coming in from streams who got the launcher from a link in a stream who do not even know this place exists.

    That may seem incredible, but I kid you not. I have had to direct more than a few new players to my mod to the forum. To say that just because we are here, our opinions are more important is placing an inflated value on this community, which is not fair to the general public. I would go so far as to say that they have realized this which is why we only get to see "under the hood" discussions with devs here, while other places get the fancy previews. The general public by and large aren't typically interested in discussions on how reworking the rwg is increasing performances, or test videos on cone damage etc. They just want to see the cool stuff. How many times has MM or someone else got caught up in a heated discussion here that influenced a game decision in a negative way? Perhaps they just decided to refocus that energy on ACTUALLY making the game they set out to make without the distractions, which is their right to do.

    I used to think that this was THE only place devs should be interacting. And I over reacted several times not because the devs placed this burden on me to cause me to believe I was entitled to anything more than the outside world, but because I unfairly placed that burden on MYSELF and expected Pimps to live up to that burden.

    Everyone who plays loves. Why confine that common bond to JUST here? Sometimes the best way to get something done is to DISENGAGE and just get done what you want to get done.
    Last edited by JaxTeller718; 05-22-2018 at 09:57 PM.

  2. #18392
    Survivor Teal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    0
    Woohoo new news! With all the stuff going on with stealth, I hope they didn't forget about meat in bags attracting zombies. It's such a small thing but added more risk to hunting and what not.

  3. #18393
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    a17 multiplayer

    I see all this cool stuff. and i'm wondering when I can get a steam supported dedicated server updated with a17 launch? can we get someone to comment on the updated support for the multiplayer? sorry if its been asked, I just paid for this and am curious if that is something that can or will be updated.

  4. #18394
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    Most people know nothing of xml, or how optimisations are happening. They just load vanilla and have at it. There are more than a few who do not even KNOW mods exist, likewise since I run my mod from Discord now there are players coming in from streams who got the launcher from a link in a stream who do not even know this place exists.
    Then there are those like me, who experienced what the transition from vanilla to modded Minecraft did for the game (totally spoiled vanilla for me - I can't play it any more), and wants to save that experience until a little while after full release, just to play it uncorrupted for a bit.

  5. #18395
    Colony Founder The Gronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,937
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Hey everyone! Just to let you guys know the main reasons for the Madmole silence:

    There was a family vacation,
    Then there was really bad post vacation sickness involving lots of puke and sleep,
    Then lots of piled up work due to those first two events,
    And now graduation ceremonies for a Madmole family member.


    There is a new video on the horizon. If not in the next couple days a very good chance by this weekend.

    There are still things not on the first page lists that are hopefully coming to A17 but might slip to A18 (which is why they aren't on the list).
    Send him our commiserations and congratulations.

  6. #18396
    Scavenger TheSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    United States of Murica
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0
    Wow. That was only an 11 day separation between the road tool and tree tweet? Felt WAY longer.

  7. #18397
    Scavenger TheSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    United States of Murica
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Hey everyone! Just to let you guys know the main reasons for the Madmole silence:

    There was a family vacation,
    Then there was really bad post vacation sickness involving lots of puke and sleep,
    Then lots of piled up work due to those first two events,
    And now graduation ceremonies for a Madmole family member.


    There is a new video on the horizon. If not in the next couple days a very good chance by this weekend.

    There are still things not on the first page lists that are hopefully coming to A17 but might slip to A18 (which is why they aren't on the list).
    Send my prayers to him, will ya? No wonder he was gone.

  8. #18398
    Hunter Kaiser502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0
    Very Well said my friend

    From JaxTeller718

    I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that this forum does NOT represent the feelings of the general 7 Days player. Not by a long shot. While our presence here does in fact mean we are MORE informed than the casual player, it doesn't mean we speak for them. Just have a look at the Facebook for the game, or the Twitter responses. Most people know nothing of xml, or how optimisations are happening. They just load vanilla and have at it. There are more than a few who do not even KNOW mods exist, likewise since I run my mod from Discord now there are players coming in from streams who got the launcher from a link in a stream who do not even know this place exists.

    That may seem incredible, but I kid you not. I have had to direct more than a few new players to my mod to the forum. To say that just because we are here, our opinions are more important is placing an inflated value on this community, which is not fair to the general public. I would go so far as to say that they have realized this which is why we only get to see "under the hood" discussions with devs here, while other places get the fancy previews. The general public by and large aren't typically interested in discussions on how reworking the rwg is increasing performances, or test videos on cone damage etc. They just want to see the cool stuff. How many times has MM or someone else got caught up in a heated discussion here that influenced a game decision in a negative way? Perhaps they just decided to refocus that energy on ACTUALLY making the game they set out to make without the distractions, which is their right to do.

    I used to think that this was THE only place devs should be interacting. And I over reacted several times not because the devs placed this burden on me to cause me to believe I was entitled to anything more than the outside world, but because I unfairly placed that burden on MYSELF and expected Pimps to live up to that burden.

    Everyone who plays loves. Why confine that common bond to JUST here? Sometimes the best way to get something done is to DISENGAGE and just get done what you want to get done.

  9. #18399
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7,433
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by NukemDed View Post
    agree that this should be the first place for news. its their own site for @#$/ sake.
    madmole. am i reaching if i quote you that the new trees make you feel small that you are using vr gear?
    if so i would be really down on the fact i have had too little notice to budget for vr gear given real life financial constraints...
    not everyone can pull a grand out their arse.
    ha ha responses will be amusing and telling
    You are reaching. I like VR in concept but in application I've yet to play a game with it and feel like its a must have instead of just a gimmick.

  10. #18400
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    11,638
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    I would go so far as to say that they have realized this which is why we only get to see "under the hood" discussions with devs here, while other places get the fancy previews.
    Joel posted five pictures (maybe 7 or 8 if you count a few earlier ones) on a different news outlet rather than here. Everything else has been posted here first or at least concurrently. He rarely responds to comments in his twitter feed or on the facebook page but he often answers a few follow up questions here.

    I disagree that other places are getting the fancy stuff while we get the technical stuff. We still get mostly all of it.

    I agree with your other points about other communities and large percentages of the community not even knowing this place exists and that we should be tolerant and accepting of all these communities from twitch and youtube channel viewers, to facebook and twitter casual players, to the myriad foreign language communities that can't interact here and often have one or two representatives here who take news back to them, to discord, to steam, to reddit, to friggin PC Gamer & Game Informer subscribers, and, yes, even to the console gamers who are an alpha and a half behind us....

    There is no way we represent all of them and they deserve to get some "breaking news" in the format that they know. So along with Jax I also say lets not demand that all news should always hit here first. If we end up being the last to know about (up to 8) screenshots regarding A17 I think we can cope.


    EDIT: OMG....speak of the devil....

  11. #18401
    Colony Founder The Gronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,937
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    You are reaching. I like VR in concept but in application I've yet to play a game with it and feel like its a must have instead of just a gimmick.
    Dammit! You've got to change that profile picture, I refreshed the page and nearly messed my pants :-)

  12. #18402
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7,433
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that this forum does NOT represent the feelings of the general 7 Days player. Not by a long shot. While our presence here does in fact mean we are MORE informed than the casual player, it doesn't mean we speak for them. Just have a look at the Facebook for the game, or the Twitter responses. Most people know nothing of xml, or how optimisations are happening. They just load vanilla and have at it. There are more than a few who do not even KNOW mods exist, likewise since I run my mod from Discord now there are players coming in from streams who got the launcher from a link in a stream who do not even know this place exists.

    That may seem incredible, but I kid you not. I have had to direct more than a few new players to my mod to the forum. To say that just because we are here, our opinions are more important is placing an inflated value on this community, which is not fair to the general public. I would go so far as to say that they have realized this which is why we only get to see "under the hood" discussions with devs here, while other places get the fancy previews. The general public by and large aren't typically interested in discussions on how reworking the rwg is increasing performances, or test videos on cone damage etc. They just want to see the cool stuff. How many times has MM or someone else got caught up in a heated discussion here that influenced a game decision in a negative way? Perhaps they just decided to refocus that energy on ACTUALLY making the game they set out to make without the distractions, which is their right to do.

    I used to think that this was THE only place devs should be interacting. And I over reacted several times not because the devs placed this burden on me to cause me to believe I was entitled to anything more than the outside world, but because I unfairly placed that burden on MYSELF and expected Pimps to live up to that burden.

    Everyone who plays loves. Why confine that common bond to JUST here? Sometimes the best way to get something done is to DISENGAGE and just get done what you want to get done.
    Jax old buddy its good to see you. We are keeping our heads down working hard, no time to chat.

    I don't always post here because you guys beat me to it most the time anyway. I actually logged in to post the news but by the time I got to it, someone did beat me to it.

    I will get a video out soon

  13. #18403
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7,433
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    Dammit! You've got to change that profile picture, I refreshed the page and nearly messed my pants :-)
    Why is that?

  14. #18404
    Colony Founder The Gronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,937
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Why is that?
    I dunno, probably the great big hairy person staring at me with only half a face. Reminds me of my mother :-)

  15. #18405
    Colony Founder Lonestarcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,543
    Rep Power
    1
    Will Quality of items be the same in A17? or be fixed? for example a quality 17 Night Vision Goggles (NVG) or mining helmet should not be nearly as good as 300 or 600

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •